Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

padzilla

Hipster
This is the same guy that said he wanted to leave United on his second day at the club. Feck him, I would rather focus on guys that want to play for the club. He was here for two years and turned up badly out of shape for the second, he wasn't professional in attitude or application. Now he's banging them in for Inter in a second tier league and all of a sudden he's Best, Law and Charlton rolled into one? Come on!

RashyForPM

They didn’t pay instalments for Lukaku

Much rather have Skriniar to sort out our CB situation than the remaining fee. We can pay them a bit as well, depending on how much the bonus is. Good to be on the winning side of a transfer situation for once either way.

DuruttiColumn

This seems like one of those things that will get quietly worked out between the clubs, Skriniar and Martinez won’t be coming to United.

I get the impression this kind of thing happens all the time

MalcolmTucker

I raised this point few days back. Immobile has better goal scoring record and if I'm not wrong he has more assists than Lukaku too.

AgeClubMinsGoalsAssistsGoals + AssistsMins per goalMins per G+A
Luis Muriel
29​
Atalanta
2057​
32​
6​
38​
64.28​
54.13​
Ronaldo
36​
Juventus
4731​
51​
8​
59​
92.76​
80.19​
Immobile
31​
Lazio
4936​
50​
12​
62​
98.72​
79.61​
Zlatan
39​
Milan
2467​
24​
6​
30​
102.79​
82.23​
Lukaku
27​
Inter
4758​
41​
8​
49​
116.05​
97.10​
Zapata
29​
Atalanta
3501​
27​
11​
38​
129.67​
92.13​
Caputo
33​
Sassuolo
4255​
31​
11​
42​
137.26​
101.31​
Joao Pedro
28​
Cagilari
5314​
30​
6​
36​
177.13​
147.61​
Maybe when people say he's a top 5 striker they just mean in Serie A.

I'd put him in the same bracket as Immobile, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin, Zapata etc.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He wanted to leave and the club were happy to let him leave for the right price, there was no need for him to act the cnut. And yet he did.

So i do blame Lukaku for that, he could have acted more professionally. Only the year before he was saying other players should act like men if they're not happy with the manager or their role. Great advice but Rom should have practiced what he preached.
Imagine that next year new manager comes and say to Bruno, Rash or Harry; "I don't see you in first 11. You are not my type of player. But i will use you in rotation". And then some big club comes for them and offer them to be main player. Do you think that any of them would be calm about it and would not make a fuss? Despite how good characters they are.
We rejected first few offers for Lukaku. And he tried to push for transfer. And that is it.

Yes, he did and said some stuff which was not nice but his desire to leave wasn't because he wanted more money or new challenge. He pushed for transfer because he wanted to be main player, not squad player.

Imagine that next year new manager comes and say to Bruno, Rash or Harry; "I don't see you in first 11. You are not my type of player. But i will use you in rotation". And then some big club comes for them and offer them to be main player. Do you think that any of them would be calm about it and would not make a fuss? Despite how good characters they are.
We rejected first few offers for Lukaku. And he tried to push for transfer. And that is it.

Yes, he did and said some stuff which was not nice but his desire to leave wasn't because he wanted more money or new challenge. He pushed for transfer because he wanted to be main player, not squad player.
Comparing an out of form, fat, unfit, flat track bully with a stinking attitude, who didn’t ever justify his transfer fee to the likes of Bruno and Rashford :lol: :lol: :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
This seems like one of those things that will get quietly worked out between the clubs, Skriniar and Martinez won’t be coming to United.

I get the impression this kind of thing happens all the time
Normally I would agree with you, but with the current climate - what guarantees do we have that Inter have that Money ?

DuruttiColumn

United and Inter renegotiated the bonus payments (£1.9m) due to COVID and the payment is now due in June according to Republica
Relations between the clubs is fine

complete non story

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

I’m not sure how this would cause anyone of them to give an interview after the transfer saying that they’ve wanted to leave the club after the first two games (under a different manager).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
you directly compared the situation of Lukaku to your made up scenario that involved Rashford, Bruno and Maguire :rolleyes:
No, i compared situation where player wants to leave because he is not no1 choice. And that is it. But you are trying to go deep into it and putting things out of context.

Ok, i give up. I know when i am fighting lost cause. Lukaku sucks. He is a twat. Prick. Traitor. Championship player. Am i doing it right?

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

No, i compared situation where player wants to leave because he is not no1 choice. And that is it. But you are trying to go deep into it and putting things out out context.

Ok, i give up. I know when i am fighting lost cause. Lukaku sucks. He is a twat. Prick. Traitor. Championship player. Am i doing it right?
Most level headed people know Lukaku was a good striker, we also know that selling him was right for the club and for Lukaku.

If we replaced him with Haaland or a decent striker now that Martial has been atrocious, you wouldn’t be raising these points.

No, i compared situation where player wants to leave because he is not no1 choice. And that is it. But you are trying to go deep into it and putting things out of context.

you made up a stupid scenario. You picked three players integral to the club, and compared that to a player (no matter what you think of him) who simply wasn’t - and hasn’t been missed.

it was a foolhardy analogy you were making in the first instance, that’s nonsensical.

I am moving on.

Inter Yer Nan

This is the same guy that said he wanted to leave United on his second day at the club. Feck him, I would rather focus on guys that want to play for the club. He was here for two years and turned up badly out of shape for the second, he wasn't professional in attitude or application. Now he's banging them in for Inter in a second tier league and all of a sudden he's Best, Law and Charlton rolled into one? Come on!
All his talk about being mentally strong and a leader was exactly that - talk. He's got a fragile mentality. He essentially threw the towel in at United because he couldn't hack it and didn't have the stomach for the challenge. Him going to Inter was perfect for him but maybe soon they'll start relying on him to start doing it in the Champions League for them, and good luck with that. He was bad enough against the traditional top six in England let alone Europe.

stevoc

The alternative is to end up like Romero who is loyal and tried to fight his way into the team and did not throw his toys out of the pram. Look where that got him.
Terrible comparison, Romero came as a back up, was happy being a very well paid back up. Never at any point in his United career did he imagine he would ever displace DeGea. Who for most of Romero's time at United has been one of the best keepers in the world.

Throwing the toys out of the pram is absolutely the right thing to do and it 100% worked out for Lukaku. De Gea really should have thrown his toys out of the pram and go to Real instead of being mopey and ended up grossly overpaid here.
Not if you're a professional it isn't.

Or someone who claims others in the same situation should act like men and just get on with it.

stevoc

No he was probably being told behind the scenes by his agent and/or Inter to go Awol and act unprofessionally to try to force United into accepting a lower offer.

Yeah he did some really cnuty unprofessional shit to his teammates, his manager and his club. But if you ignore all that he's a good lad really.

Feck sake give me a break.

Good player terrible professional.

spiriticon

To be honest we need an attacker with incredible K-Movement and K-Shots right now to rake up those xG stats

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s the same player, he’s just playing for a really good manager in a proper system now.

Swap him & Martial, he is struggling for us & Martial is banging in goals for Inter.

Jackal981

He’s the same player, he’s just playing for a really good manager in a proper system now.

Swap him & Martial, he is struggling for us & Martial is banging in goals for Inter.
He is making these runs that I never saw him make at United or any other our players make at the moment. Surely down to our dear manager?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He is making these runs that I never saw him make at United or any other our players make at the moment. Surely down to our dear manager?
What runs is he making? :lol:
He's still the same player playing in a weaker league. Jesus christ some of you... The revisioning :annoyed:

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Eha
He's still the same player playing in a weaker league. Jesus christ some of you... The revisioning :annoyed:
He is bossing the league this season.
Scoring goals. Creating goals. Holding the ball up. Running at people for fun.
I know many still like to think of him as a player who will score goals but does not have the all round game, they are idiots.
Anyway, your point is he is doing it in a weaker league. When he joined United he had more goals in the league at his age than Shearer did. Lukaka got these goals at West Brom and Everton, while Shearer had got a chunk at a title challenging Blackburn.
At United Lukaku started well. Had a decent first season (decent, not great). He had more goals than what rash and martial got last season.
His second season was not that great and he had fallen out of favour, yet he had 12 league goals from 22 starts and 10 bench appearences.
So when many of us see him having a smashing season in serie A, we can't help but feel, that the club failed to make the best out of a great player.
He dint fail in the premier league, he failed at United. And that failure also seems better than what a decent season from the front three players we retained is.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
If Conte had Martial at his disposal then Anthony would get the Krasic treatment.

Conte doesn't waste time on unserious footballers. He only made an exception for Hazard because Eden was extremely productive despite his laziness.

Lukaku was willing to put in the hard work to improve and meet Conte's demands.
There's nothing about Martial that indicates he might have Romelu's dedication or humility.

RashyForPM

If Conte had Martial at his disposal then Anthony would get the Krasic treatment.

Conte doesn't waste time on unserious footballers. He only made an exception for Hazard because Eden was extremely productive despite his laziness.

There's nothing about Martial that indicates he might have Romelu's dedication or humility.
I agree, but I’ll say that there was also nothing about our Lukaku that indicates he might have the current Lukaku’s dedication or humility.

ReallyUSA

Ibra rejuvenated AC Milan. Perspective guys. Italy isn't the league of yesteryear.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Was he?

GamesMinsGoalsPenaltiesNon Penalty goalsAssistsBig chances createdMins per goalMns per NPGMins per G+AMins per NPG+AMins per big chance created
Hazard
245​
19468​
85​
17​
68​
54​
67​
229.04​
286.29​
140.06​
159.57​
290.57​
Martial
166​
11436​
55​
2​
53​
26​
39​
207.93​
215.77​
144.76​
293.23​

Champions league
GamesMinsGoalsPenaltiesNon Penalty goalsAssistsMins per goalMns per NPGMins per G+AMins per NPG+A
Hazard
53​
4089​
9​
5​
4​
14​
454.33​
1022.25​
177.78​
227.17​
Martial
34​
2209​
6​
2​
4​
5​
368.17​
552.25​
200.82​
245.44​

And why is Martial not serious footballer? Because he is in poor form? If that's the case then Lukaku was also not serious footballer before moving to Serie A when he was stinking up the pitch week in week out in 2018-19.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
He was widely considered a top striker before joining united and he is widely considered a top striker after leaving united. Pretty much everyone rates lukaku except some united players that just can't let it go.

RUCK4444

This is the Lukaku I remember :lol:

I don’t care how good he has been over there. Says a lot about the league.

Absolutely glad to see the back of him. Hopefully this summer we send Martial their way as well.

This is the Lukaku I remember :lol:

I don’t care how good he has been over there. Says a lot about the league.

Absolutely glad to see the back of him. Hopefully this summer we send Martial their way as well.
Are there actually people who would want this steaming turd of a player back at United?

are there people who would want us to go and spend £60-80m to bring him back? :lol: Can’t be can there?

I’m with you, I couldn't care less what he does post United. Makes no difference if he’s pulling up trees, or shitting the bed.

he’s a player who will be remembered in the same bracket as Sanchez and Di Maria. Complete and utter waste of time and money.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He was widely considered a top striker before joining united and he is widely considered a top striker after leaving united. Pretty much everyone rates lukaku except some united players that just can't let it go.
Then why was basically no team in for him except for Utd and Chelsea? And don't give me bs about other top teams not needing top strikers.

RUCK4444

Are there actually people who would want this steaming turd of a player back at United?

are there people who would want us to go and spend £60-80m to bring him back? :lol: Can’t be can there?

I’m with you, I couldn't care less what he does post United. Makes no difference if he’s pulling up trees, or shitting the bed.

he’s a player who will be remembered in the same bracket as Sanchez and Di Maria. Complete and utter waste of time and money.
Seems so :confused:

I would literally give up on us if we brought him back. Not going to happen anyway thank god.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Bang on, good post.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yet here you are writing about him...The reaction on here would be funny if Ole is linked with rebuying him.