Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Krits

I particularly love the use of that smiley — it’s as if he just did this.
when I saw this live I remember having my mouth open in disbelief for a complete minute. I know that there will be better first touches out there, like bergkamps (but I didn’t see that live) but this touch and Berba turn on the touch line will always keep him as a player I admired. Just class.

Paul_Scholes18

Won them the game with that goal. Pure class. Watched us of course so missed this game so not sure about the miss people talk about.
Hopefully they are knocked out before us.

mu4c_20le

If only Getafe weren't useless and missed the penalty, it could've been a hilarious night

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
All setting up for Inter, Lukaku, Young, Sanchez reunion against Utd in the Europa? Think can only be in the semi or final due to the draw ?

Nice finish for his goal yesterday and of course an awful miss, though was on his other foot. Was having a go at Lautaro at times as well, attitude :lol:. He's turned out better than I would have imagined when at Chelsea. Really suits more direct football. Like technically inferior version of Drogba. Conte getting the best out of him.

Raw

All setting up for Inter, Lukaku, Young, Sanchez reunion against Utd in the Europa? Think can only be in the semi or final due to the draw ?

Nice finish for his goal yesterday and of course an awful miss, though was on his other foot. Was having a go at Lautaro at times as well, attitude :lol:. He's turned out better than I would have imagined when at Chelsea. Really suits more direct football. Like technically inferior version of Drogba. Conte getting the best out of him.
We can only meet Inter in the final.

The Red Thinker

I want us to face Inter in the UL.

I want Maguire to mug Lukaku.

I want Ole to rub the top of his head as he walks off.

No one walks away from our club, bitches about it and says that he's thought about leaving since day 2. Feck Lukaku.

Red Comet

Wow some of you do enjoy a Lukaku miss that's for sure. You just know that he would score against us if we meet.
When Lukaku was playing for Everton, he was effectively marked out of the game by freakin Paddy McNair. I'm sure our current backline is much better.

Just for the memory :D

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

That has to be one of the most pathetic and cringeworthy non-Liverpool tweets I've ever seen seen in my life. Respect is really evaporating for Inter here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't know how I'd feel if he scored against us....
Surely disappointed? I get that you're Belgian and support him, but it's never nice seeing anyone score against your team.

Unless it's a situation like RvP when we played Feyenoord in the Europa group stage under José where we were already something like 4-0 up.

RashyForPM

When Lukaku was playing for Everton, he was effectively marked out of the game by freakin Paddy McNair. I'm sure our current backline is much better.

Can’t believe he’s playing for Boro now, Sunderland before that. He gave out the most Rio vibes of any United centre back since Rio himself in those games against West Ham and Everton. Hope he can at least get back to the Prem.

Strelok

I don't have twitter but i'm going to assume the replies were gifs of the hundreds of times the ball has bounced off him like a donkey? Inter really don't help themselves do they.

Something like this:

Or you know. His first touch being so bad he injures himself:

Just can't stop laughing whenever I see this :lol:

Halftrack

You forgot the pointing after
God I fecking hate it when he does that. Fecks up, then starts gesticulating at his teammate(s), like their perfect ball to him was the problem, and not his horrendous touch or erratic finishing.

The Red Thinker

I always liked Paddy. He seemed to have it all, the size, aerial power and the passing ability. Baffles me how he fell off.

SteveW

He's a very good player. The kind that can make a difference where a bit of brutishness and physicality is required. A classic Mourinho style centre forward. Valuable, effective and able to score a lot of goals. To not rate him highly is a huge mistake. He's a terrific striker.

But I'm also ecstatic that he doesn't play for us anymore. He would be totally out of place here. And I love that. Get Sancho and our attack will soon be the envy of the world.

redshaw

Still recovering from the toe curling cringe of that Inter tweet. I'd probably shoot and control the ball like Lukaku with my toes still curled over.

They've been sat on the tweet for a year too.

NotThatSoph

Still recovering from the toe curling cringe of that Inter tweet. I'd probably shoot and control the ball like Lukaku with my toes still curled over.

They've been sat on the tweet for a year too.
A 20-something social media person working from home doing twitter for Inter: "Hey, pretty nice touch, I'll tweet it out using a meme format. It'll be funny." Never giving it a second thought, blasting out 48 tweets, not counting retweets, since. Also doing Facebook and Instagram.

Redcafe still not over it.

Last edited:

Phil

A 20-something social media person working from home doing twitter for Inter: "Hey, pretty nice touch, I'll tweet it out using a meme format. It'll be funny." Never giving it a second thought, blasting out 48 tweets, not counting retweets, since. Also doing Facebook and Instagram.

Redcafe still not over it.
So someone working in social media doesn't consider the engagement with their social media posts?

Fluctuation0161

He's a very good player. The kind that can make a difference where a bit of brutishness and physicality is required. A classic Mourinho style centre forward. Valuable, effective and able to score a lot of goals. To not rate him highly is a huge mistake. He's a terrific striker.

But I'm also ecstatic that he doesn't play for us anymore. He would be totally out of place here. And I love that. Get Sancho and our attack will soon be the envy of the world.
At best he is a good player on his day. His consistency, first touch and mentality are very poor.

SteveW

At best he is a good player on his day. His consistency, first touch and mentality are very poor.
He was really bad at United. It was the wrong club for him. I was relieved when we managed to sell him.

He's been prolific for Inter though and they are clearly very happy with him. Was also great for Belgium at the last WC too.