Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

DoomSlayer

Lukaku scores for Inter again
Romelu Lukaku has scored again for Inter Milan, this time against a Serie C side.

The San Siro giants beat Gozzano 2-0 in a behind closed doors friendly.

Next up is an assist against a Serie B side and an open-goal miss against a Serie A side.

Mate, just because you don't like what he posted doesn't mean he's not right. He's a famous Belgian football journalist with pretty strong connection to anything Belgian related. If there's someone who can get such information, it is gonna be him. It's not disclosed btw. He just had his strong sources that brought him such information.
He says Lukaku didn't put any weight on from 16 years old. That pretty much guarantees he is wrong. A 16 year old male will put on ~10kg from that age to adulthood.

There is also a question mark over a 100kg athlete only being able to bench press 100kg.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He says Lukaku didn't put any weight on from 16 years old. That pretty much guarantees he is wrong. A 16 year old male will put on ~10kg from that age to adulthood.

There is also a question mark over a 100kg athlete only being able to bench press 100kg.
It's possible, if he wasn't fit at 16 years old or if his growth stopped around that age or both.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He could make a decent centre running on to the ball at speed and barrelling into players.
But given his control abilities, he'd lose the ball in the tackle.... the opponents would counter, break into the space left (because his teammates assumed he'd retain possession) and score a try.

While Lukaku bent down, hands on knees, panting....

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Imagine actually thinking he hasn't gained any weight since he was 16 years old:lol:literally impossible. All you have to do is look at him.

Also people need to understand "overweight" as a footballer is much different than normal people. They usually refer to it for people who have bulked up too much with muscle even, and want them to slim down so they can move around better on the pitch. Not necessarily about being fat or being unfit. Clearly a massive issue with Lukaku.

Mihai

Years ago I did (it was called Championship Manager then!).

Probably best not to use video games as sources of information in real life. I'm a big Super Mario fan but wouldn't use it as a reference on plumbing.
I use it when buying shrooms.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He looks about 10% to me, but how do you judge? I’ve seen skinner blokes than me with higher fat levels than myself. You simply cannot tell by just looking at him. Finding this thread very badly reflecting on United fans. They wished him gone and now are ridiculing him at every opportunity. Plus then there’s all the fitness experts :rolleyes:
Not seen anyone who says he looks fat, but if the numbers are correct, 104kg is way to much weight to be dragging around for a professional footballer. His fitness was an obvious problem when playing for us, which all that extra weight did not exactly help with.

The fact that he gets this defensive also says a lot

Red_toad

He does everyone know what players weigh?

That stuff is never, ever disclosed.
Some random posts shite and people just suck up that rumour like it's gospel. Plus then there's the armchair experts who know someones inside leg measurements just by looking at a picture.

Scotty McT

The worst thing about this thread is that Lukaku's body looks pretty similar to mine so you're all basically saying that I'm fat. Thanks guys.

I do get out of breath quickly while running though.

JPRouve

Scout
The worst thing about this thread is that Lukaku's body looks pretty similar to mine so you're all basically saying that I'm fat. Thanks guys.

I do get out of breath quickly while running though.
Not everyone is saying that he is fat and I don't think that these posters are being serious. The thing about athletes is that their body mass and structure will depend on what they do. A 100m sprinter isn't built like a 400m sprinter, in Rugby a prop isn't built like a scrum half, in martial arts a wrestler isn't built like a kickboxer.

So you can be built like Lukaku and considered fit but as a footballer you most likely won't because that much mass means that you lose agility and stamina compared to other footballers while the gains are minimal, especially when his balance or power are rarely displayed. Ideally footballers should be conditioned like decathlonians, it's a good mix of agility, power and endurance.

haram

Imagine actually thinking he hasn't gained any weight since he was 16 years old:lol:literally impossible. All you have to do is look at him.

Also people need to understand "overweight" as a footballer is much different than normal people. They usually refer to it for people who have bulked up too much with muscle even, and want them to slim down so they can move around better on the pitch. Not necessarily about being fat or being unfit. Clearly a massive issue with Lukaku.
Well you cant say “look at him” when you consider what he looked like as a 16 year old.

https://pasteboard.co/ItgLUhn.jpg

bosnian_red

Well you cant say “look at him” when you consider what he looked like as a 16 year old.

https://pasteboard.co/ItgLUhn.jpg
Yes, he was bit as a 16 year old. He was 16 though. He's been a professional footballer for 10 years since that point. He physically grew and gained weight, that's not an issue at all. It's literally impossible not to, unless he was obese as a 16 year old and then became thin as a 26 year old. As an athlete? Impossible.

haram

Yes, he was bit as a 16 year old. He was 16 though. He's been a professional footballer for 10 years since that point. He physically grew and gained weight, that's not an issue at all. It's literally impossible not to, unless he was obese as a 16 year old and then became thin as a 26 year old. As an athlete? Impossible.
Do you not see the irony in saying look at him, and then when you look at him when he was 16 he does not look much different....

It's possible, if he wasn't fit at 16 years old or if his growth stopped around that age or both.
He signed as a pro at 16. He was fit. For a 16 year old to literally stop growing would be unheard of. Nothing to do with him being an athlete, that just doesn't happen. He may reach full height at 16 but bone and muscle will continue to develop.

bosnian_red

Do you not see the irony in saying look at him, and then when you look at him when he was 16 he does not look much different....
Well he does look quite a bit different, also if you look at pics without a shirt on at anderlecht/everton/United, there's also a visible difference IMO. Also undoubtedly the way he moved on the pitch, he was definitely more agile and looked slimmer in his earlier days than in the past year and a bit.

Also, cant believe I'm repeating myself but fecking common sense dictates that a 16 year old will not be the same weight as when the same guy is 26 having been a professional athlete in tougher league for a decade (especially as the player himself said how he bulked up more and more).

haram

Well he does look quite a bit different, also if you look at pics without a shirt on at anderlecht/everton/United, there's also a visible difference IMO. Also undoubtedly the way he moved on the pitch, he was definitely more agile and looked slimmer in his earlier days than in the past year and a bit.

Also, cant believe I'm repeating myself but fecking common sense dictates that a 16 year old will not be the same weight as when the same guy is 26 having been a professional athlete in tougher league for a decade (especially as the player himself said how he bulked up more and more).
You said look at him though as if you can see a clear difference from when he was 16. My guess is that you didn’t realise what he actually looked like as a 16 year old.

JPRouve

Scout
He signed as a pro at 16. He was fit. For a 16 year old to literally stop growing would be unheard of. Nothing to do with him being an athlete, that just doesn't happen. He may reach full height at 16 but bone and muscle will continue to develop.
It's still not impossible and I'm playing devils advocate here, the lad is clearly bigger. But you can be heavier at 16, than you are at 26 that's in itself not impossible just in his case improbable.

Red_toad

Not seen anyone who says he looks fat, but if the numbers are correct, 104kg is way to much weight to be dragging around for a professional footballer. His fitness was an obvious problem when playing for us, which all that extra weight did not exactly help with.

The fact that he gets this defensive also says a lot
If you have seen any commments about him being 'fat', then you're very selective in reading this thread.

As for him being defensive, good on him, imagine being judged by a load of fat armchair fans.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Here’s an actual video from Lukaku himself, talking to a Belgian journalist about his weight in the year 2018.

So yeah, he’s literally on tape saying this stuff, no weird third hand sources, twitter journalists and ESPN or club website stats. Some paraphrased and translated ‘quotes’ from this video:

“I know that 102 [kg] is my maximum in terms of weight. I know that when I’m above 102 I have a problem, I feel bad.”

“But I know that when I go below 99 [kg] I’m too light. So I have to stay in between those limits.”

“Lukaku: When I was at Anderlecht my weight was 110 [at one point near the end]

Journo: so way too heavy?

Lukaku: Yeah but I had the same fat percentage so it was all muscle mass. Then I came there [at Chelsea] and they said ‘wow, 110 kg’. But my fat percentage was 9%. They said ‘this is impossible for 193 cm’.

Then Anelka came to me and told me, ‘eat what you want during the day until 4 in the afternoon, after that only water and no more eating’. Two or three weeks later my weight had dropped down.”

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/tv/romelu-lukaku-onthult-hoe-hij-zijn-gewicht-onder-controle-kreeg-de-kilo-s-vlogen-eraf~ad3b3601

Marcelinho87

Here’s an actual video from Lukaku himself, talking to a Belgian journalist about his weight in the year 2018.

So yeah, he’s literally on tape saying this stuff, no weird third hand sources, twitter journalists and ESPN or club website stats. Some paraphrased and translated ‘quotes’ from this video:

“I know that 102 [kg] is my maximum in terms of weight. I know that when I’m above 102 I have a problem, I feel bad.”

“But I know that when I go below 99 [kg] I’m too light. So I have to stay in between those limits.”

Lukaku: Yeah but I had the same fat percentage so it was all muscle mass. Then I came there [at Chelsea] and they said ‘wow, 110 kg’. But my fat percentage was 9%. They said ‘this is impossible for 193 cm’.

Then Anelka came to me and told me, ‘eat what you want during the day until 4 in the afternoon, after that only water and no more eating’. Two or three weeks later my weight had dropped down.”

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/tv/romelu-lukaku-onthult-hoe-hij-zijn-gewicht-onder-controle-kreeg-de-kilo-s-vlogen-eraf~ad3b3601
Intermittent fasting... It is brilliant, works so quick.

UncleBob

If you have seen any commments about him being 'fat', then you're very selective in reading this thread.

As for him being defensive, good on him, imagine being judged by a load of fat armchair fans.
It's a bit of a concern that the man with the warrior attitude feels the need to defend himself like this, especially when he completely misses the point.

haram

Yeah but he’s lying just look at him :wenger:.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I still find it hard to believe Inter paid £75 million quid for this guy.

Are we sure his transfer to Inter is genuine and not some elaborate hoax?

haram

I still find it hard to believe Inter paid £75 million quid for this guy.

Are we sure his transfer to Inter is genuine and not some elaborate hoax?
We paid it, Chelsea were after him, Inter paid it, Juventus were going to swap him for Dybala. Maybe you’re just wrong.

We paid it, Chelsea were after him, Inter paid it, Juventus were going to swap him for Dybala. Maybe you’re just wrong.
We paid it as he looked like a hungry player on the up.

Inter bought an unfit, unprofessional overweight player who failed at a decent side, and who showed he doesn’t have the mentality to be a top class forward.

I will admit there is a commonality in that we both bought a striker who has an appalling first touch and can’t score against a decent defence.

haram

We paid it as he looked like a hungry player on the up.

Inter bought an unfit, unprofessional overweight player who failed at a decent side, and who showed he doesn’t have the mentality to be a top class forward.

I will admit there is a commonality in that we both bought a striker who has an appalling first touch and can’t score against a decent defence.
Depend what you mean by decent. He was the number 9 when we finished 2nd but people don't want to hear it.

Depend what you mean by decent. He was the number 9 when we finished 2nd but people don't want to hear it.
When I say that he can’t score against a decent defence - I mean that he only scored 1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6, and only 3 goals in two seasons against any team in the top half of the PL.

haram

When I say that he can’t score against a decent defence - I mean that he only scored 1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6, and only 3 goals in two seasons against any team in the top half of the PL.
You said he failed at a decent side.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I find it bizarre how much vitriol certain posters have for him in this thread. He stayed here for just 2 seasons, didn't set the world on fire but we broke even on him. Why care once he's gone?

For what its worth, Conte is a smart manager, he'll figure out a way to utilize Lukaku to his strengths in a much slower league in Serie A. He'll come good for Inter.

Was he a failure when we finished 2nd?
So are you saying that every player that season was a success?

He scored 25% of his Utd goals in the first 8 weeks. After that he was poor - or course he was a failure. Have you actually seen the guy play for us?

You spend £75-90m on a striker to score goals in the big games, he couldn’t. He’s nowhere near a top class forward and he’s shown that in the 2 years at Utd.

haram

So are you saying that every player that season was a success?

He scored 25% of his Utd goals in the first 8 weeks. After that he was poor - or course he was a failure. Have you actually seen the guy play for us?

You spend £75-90m on a striker to score goals in the big games, he couldn’t. He’s nowhere near a top class forward and he’s shown that in the 2 years at Utd.
He was not a failure when we finished 2nd.