Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Johan Jovo

Well tonight he also got credit for getting a nice goal from out of the box disallowed because he did not move into onside position in time.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The obsession by some of our fans over this guy is weird.

Suedesi

To be the best team on the planet you need to win a Champions League at least, City didn't achieve even a final…. bizzarre.
Napoli have gave a lesson to Liverpool last year and Spurs have passed against Inter only for goals difference.
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree - the CL is viewed as a crowning achievement, but at the end of the day it's a cup competition. You need a certain amount of luck (draws, refs etc) to win. The league is a better measure of the best team. Few can argue that City weren't the best team in the toughest and most competitive league in the world. The league is the bread and butter as Fergie, Shankly et al have maintained.

Put it this way, Real Madrid won 4 of the last 6 CL, but Barca were always better and more consistent in Spain humiliating them time and time again.

As for your other points - Napoli gave a lesson to Liverpool in San Paolo yes, but they were given a lesson back at Anfield. Spurs had 1 point in 3 games, and yet they overcame Inter. Both Inter and Napoli were subsequently poor in Europa following their CL exit, despite not really competing for the league.

My 2 cents.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
To be the best team on the planet you need to win a Champions League at least, City didn't achieve even a final…. bizzarre.
Napoli have gave a lesson to Liverpool last year and Spurs have passed against Inter only for goals difference.
And then could have easily lost by 4 at anfield. I mean, yeah, the whole struggle to get out of CL group is kind of funny given they finished level on points with liverpool and in a group with PSG as well, they're a very good team and i'd back them to finish above united

Inter with Conte, maybe. United still have a better team though. The rest? Roma, Milan, Lazio, Atalanta? Yeah, United aren't finishing below that...

And yeah, City were the best team on the planet these last two seasons. They went out in CL on a grotesque refereeing mistake against liverpool(who were themselves already an incredible team at anfield) and then messed up against spurs. It happens.

wr8_utd

:'(
Inter don't need him to score against the big teams and he'll do a good enough job against the lesser teams provided he gets decent service although that looks a bit dodgy at the moment. I'm sure he'll do well but I'm also really glad we don't have him anymore. His passing was, yet again, utterly awful and his touch still horrific. I just don't think it's something he can ever fix.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter don't need him to score against the big teams and he'll do a good enough job against the lesser teams provided he gets decent service although that looks a bit dodgy at the moment. I'm sure he'll do well but I'm also really glad we don't have him anymore. His passing was, yet again, utterly awful and his touch still horrific. I just don't think it's something he can ever fix.
And for all that he still brings a lot of positive to the team beyond goals. Inter will attack much better with him than they did with Icardi, and probably score more. Even though he probably won't score as much as Icardi

wr8_utd

:'(
And for all that he still brings a lot of positive to the team beyond goals. Inter will attack much better with him than they did with Icardi, and probably score more. Even though he probably won't score as much as Icardi
Yeah even I don't think he'll do 25 and 29 goal seasons like Icardi did but he'll get to 20. His pace will be an added bonus over Icardi but his lack of ball control and inability to pass may hamper them a bit. I just don't see where the creativity in this team will come to be honest. Taking the wonder goals out of the equation, they just didn't create much today either. Candreva and Asamoah will have to be really good to provide Lukaku with enough assists.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree - the CL is viewed as a crowning achievement, but at the end of the day it's a cup competition. You need a certain amount of luck (draws, refs etc) to win. The league is a better measure of the best team. Few can argue that City weren't the best team in the toughest and most competitive league in the world. The league is the bread and butter as Fergie, Shankly et al have maintained.

Put it this way, Real Madrid won 4 of the last 6 CL, but Barca were always better and more consistent in Spain humiliating them time and time again.

As for your other points - Napoli gave a lesson to Liverpool in San Paolo yes, but they were given a lesson back at Anfield. Spurs had 1 point in 3 games, and yet they overcame Inter. Both Inter and Napoli were subsequently poor in Europa following their CL exit, despite not really competing for the league.

My 2 cents.
When my old hated (but still respected) cousins of Ac Milan with Sacchi were dominating in Europe between late '80s/early 90s they were the best team on the planet becouse they were trashing the opponents in Europe but weren't so dominant in Serie A (only 1 scudetto in 4 years), but everyone will tell you that Milan's Sacchi is one of the best in the history of the game. So: nobody will remember the City dominance in England under Guardiola, becouse national leagues will never be as important as an european cup or Champions League….

Serie A is growing so much, you are wrong. Big Investments and big players are coming back. We are still behind the incredible revenues of the modern PL but I see an improvement in the last few seasons. I'm confident with Conte this year.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
When my old hated (but still respected) cousins of Ac Milan with Sacchi were dominating in Europe between late '80s/early 90s they were the best team on the planet becouse they were trashing the opponents in Europe but weren't so dominant in Serie A (only 1 scudetto in 4 years), but everyone will tell you that Milan's Sacchi is one of the best in the history of the game. So: nobody will remember the City dominance in England under Guardiola, becouse national leagues will never be as important as an european cup or Champions League….

Serie A is growing so much, you are wrong. Big Investments and big players are coming back. We are still behind the incredible revenues of the modern PL but I see an improvement in the last few seasons. I'm confident with Conte this year.
People have been saying this for the past 3-4 years and nothing's changed. You could see that last year when Juve was basically beating their rivals with their B team ffs

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Good for him, still dont get the hate.
The hate is for him being unprofessionally overweight for the later stages of his time here, along with his listless performances and the fact he acted like an utter bellend all summer

SaintMuppet

I’m just curious. Why have this thread dedicated to a player everybody wanted gone?

He’s gone now everyone is all over every little thing he does. His touch, his weight, his ass???

Who cares?

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Conte said that he was paid 65 millions € in 5 years (and not 65 millions £ or 75....)

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Conte knows how to set up counters as well as any manager, so he'll do very well for Inter.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
People will do everything to sh1t on him here, but deep down everyone knows the club got rid of its best goalscorer and didnt replace him. A whole season of martial and rashford backed by greenwood as strikers for a club like Man Utd is borderline irresponsible planning

Suedesi

A ma sei Interista, e vabbe'.

Look Sacchi's Milan was special, but they won 2 CL and 1 scudetto, but that's no slight on AC Milan. Inter won the 1989 scudetto and they were amazing that year. Napoli with Maradona won in 1990 and they too were amazing beating Milan by 2 points. Then it was Sampdoria's turn, and had they not been unlucky they would have the EC at Wembley the following. Point being is, Serie was ultra-competitive at the time so winning the league was no easy feat.

Suedesi

Suedesi

Conte called him "gigante buono" (gentle giant). Let's see how long the honeymoon will last. Frankly, don't care how he does - it was painfully clear he was not good enough for Man Utd, might be a better fit at Inter/Serie A. Wish him luck.

lsd

The Oracle
Pleased for him hope he does well . Don't understand how people here hate him when he always gave his best

As for people saying he's playing a lower level he will be playing champions league football

Stacks

The saltiness in this thread against him after he left is actually pretty weird and has no reason or a base. You'll think he signed for Liverpool or something. Yeah didn't like him as a player here but people need to move on. He's just another player who did nothing wrong to us for such over the top reaction.

I wish him well there.
He actually gave interviews like David Moyes which is why people starting talking about him again