Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

NYAS

The giddy joy in this thread every time Lukaku has a bad game in a season where’s he’s scored almost as many goals as Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani combined is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing.

He didn’t work out at United and he’s far from the perfect striker but the way people are obsessed with kidding themselves that he’s genuinely shit is fecking bizarre. I know that the club doesn’t give us much joy these days but this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Have to say, your stance here is a bit weird given how outspoken you are in wishing the worst for players after they move on from United, Angel Gomes being one example of many.

In fact, I would have thought you’d revel in this thread given what’s happening in it at the moment. Must have been against Lukaku’s sale?

Withnail

I’d have a laugh at any ‘top’ striker doing that to be fair not just lukaku, the images and slow mo of him stood so casually offside blocking a potential goal in the 89th minute is bizarrely funny
Especially when they've just said this:

Romelu Lukaku: “Tactically, in terms of my positioning and my movements, I can’t be wrong. Never. I’m in the top five strikers worldwide. If Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi and Lewandowski have exceeded their limits, why can’t I too?”
How can that not be funny? :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I like him but fecking hell he has an unbelievable skill of fecking up in the most hilarious ways when it matters

GledTheRed

I used to enjoy sagging off big Rom until he spoke glowongly of and now I wish him all the best.

Not the greatest striker in the world but his attitude and drive is to be admired.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It is going to be even worse with Pogba I think once he is gone. People like to hate and find scapegoats for everything wrong.

We have had so many post SAF. Smalling, Jones, Lingard, Lukaku, Pogba, Di Maria, Shaw, Lindelöf, Sanchez etc.
Nobody hates Chris, we're just realistic about how good he was for us and wish him well at Roma. It will be the same with Lingard when he goes. Lindelof and Shaw are still our players but a siilar response to their departures, should they occur, would be expected..

There is a negative attitude toward Lukaku, Sanchez and Di Maria because they have said negative things about their time here and so we give it back to them in spades and revel in their disappointments.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The giddy joy in this thread every time Lukaku has a bad game in a season where’s he’s scored almost as many goals as Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani combined is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing.

He didn’t work out at United and he’s far from the perfect striker but the way people are obsessed with kidding themselves that he’s genuinely shit is fecking bizarre. I know that the club doesn’t give us much joy these days but this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
He left on bad terms, leaking the club’s private test results and talking shite on his way out. “I dreamt of leaving United since my second game”. Why did you even come here then sunshine?

Same hypocrite who was telling his teammates “you’re a grown-ass man, deal with it” when they were getting benched by Mourinho, failed to follow his own grown-ass advice when Ole came in and benched the fecker.

Not to mention all the nonsense about how his nutrition and training became “real work” the moment he landed in Italy. Either he’s a bullshitter or he admits to living an unprofessional football life in England.

He thinks he’s up there with Messi, Ronaldo and Lewa. Those players are winners. They score goals, help their teams win things, keep their heads down and go again.

Lukaku has been playing professional football for a decade and the only trophy he has to his name is the Belgium league he won as a teenager. Time after time he fails when it matters. His top 6 record for us was disgraceful. There’s a reason why we won stuff in Mourinho’s first season with Ibra’s aura and then failed spectacularly in his second season when this lump was signed. Was at fault for both of City’s goals which sealed the title race already in December. He scored Sevilla’s winner in the EL final a few months ago. A couple of days ago he calls himself a top 5 striker, then proceeds to deliver an absolute shitshow for 90 mins which leads to his team finishing bottom of their group. This self-proclaimed top 5 striker has played three CL knockout ties in his career.

If he didn’t talk this much shit regularly he wouldn’t be getting as rough a ride as he does amongst United fans.

Cloud7

The guys calling him the anti Michael Jordan is actually spot on
His ability to be on the wrong side of key moments is uncanny :lol:

The anti michael jordan indeed :lol:
Yes this is it! This is the descriptor I was looking for! A player who just isn't built for big games, because bad things happen around him, whether intentional or not. The anti Michael Jordan is perfect.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I remember you guys used to overrate him like crazy when he was our player... just like you guys are doing with Maguire now. When he's sold we will all laugh at Maguire together :lol:

ghagua

Why are you getting all upset just because I stated some facts? I never even mentioned anything about the champions league. Bit rich calling me laughable when you're the oddball getting upset about Lukaku while we were actually playing a game last night :lol:

Yeah I never take the opinions of supporters from other clubs seriously. Unless you watch Lukaku playing 90 minutes every week, you don't really understand his limitations. Think it says a lot that you have fans from other clubs saying he is one of the best strikers in the world yet the Inter fan who posted in this thread would still rather he didn't play for his club despite Lukaku scoring a load, being in better shape and after one of the his best performances
Me getting upset over foolish comments regarding a top-class striker...Lol

How many goals are you getting out of your twinkle toes strikers? Keep in mind goals win matches, not a striker's first touch.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He left on bad terms, leaking the club’s private test results and talking shite on his way out. “I dreamt of leaving United since my second game”. Why did you even come here then sunshine?

Same hypocrite who was telling his teammates “you’re a grown-ass man, deal with it” when they were getting benched by Mourinho, failed to follow his own grown-ass advice when Ole came in and benched the fecker.

Not to mention all the nonsense about how his nutrition and training became “real work” the moment he landed in Italy. Either he’s a bullshitter or he admits to living an unprofessional football life in England.

He thinks he’s up there with Messi, Ronaldo and Lewa. Those players are winners. They score goals, help their teams win things, keep their heads down and go again.

Lukaku has been playing professional football for a decade and the only trophy he has to his name is the Belgium league he won as a teenager. Time after time he fails when it matters. His top 6 record for us was disgraceful. There’s a reason why we won stuff in Mourinho’s first season with Ibra’s aura and then failed spectacularly in his second season when this lump was signed. Was at fault for both of City’s goals which sealed the title race already in December. He scored Sevilla’s winner in the EL final a few months ago. A couple of days ago he calls himself a top 5 striker, then proceeds to deliver an absolute shitshow for 90 mins which leads to his team finishing bottom of their group. This self-proclaimed top 5 striker has played three CL knockout ties in his career.

If he didn’t talk this much shit regularly he wouldn’t be getting as rough a ride as he does amongst United fans.
I really hope Pogba or pos mouthpiece Raiola aren't half as bad when he goes.

Someone like Romero I could understand being upset because been given a raw deal this season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Expect this trend to continue after Pogba leaves us.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I’d say it’s because he’s a massive tit, and it’s a great relief seeing him feck up constantly for another team.

His goal tallies may look good, but what isn’t measured is how detrimental he is despite that, to the point where he very likely costs his team goals on the reg, and not just obviously like tonight. His goal tally is a long way from the whole picture.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Would that be disallowed if it didn't him and if it went in for being in the goalie's eyeline while in an offside position?

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's world class according to Italian serie a wannabe expert mr. Bonetti :lol:
God what a useless question to ask, especially considering Lukaku played against Kane for years and clearly wasn't on his level.

Lukaku is the classic case for football fans to be divided for modern times. Strikers that score all of a teams goals aren't close to as common as they used to be with how tactics have evolved, and many fans here rate a goalscorer over anything else. But I think there is something to be said for who those goals are scored against, and how. Sure there is certainly a skill for popping up in the box and scoring, but it's also shocking how many who rate Lukaku can't seem to give a counterpoint to his horrific track record against any team worth a damn. I'm not even talking about his terrible goal record, Lukaku in big games genuinely hurts a side with his worst traits coming out. Being able to operate in tight spaces under pressure is one of the most valuable traits in football in 2020, and Lukaku might be one of the worst in the world at it for how high he is rated by many.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

This is the perfect post regarding Lukaku.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Serious discussion only.

There’s no way he is top 5 striker in the world.

Joke aside, I think he was among top 3 or 4 striker in Premier league back in the days. And he is currently among top 3 or 4 in Serie A.

If we are talking about his ranking in the world, perhaps at best he is among top 15-20 striker, let’s say over the past 3-4 years or so?

Those above him:

- Ronaldo (not a striker, but in terms of goalscoring)
- Messi (not a striker, but in terms of goalscoring)
- Lewandoski
- Mbappe (not a striker, but in terms of goalscoring)
- Neymar (not a striker, but in terms of goalscoring)
- Haaland
- Kane
- Suarez
- Augero
- Immobile
- Ibra
- Cavani
- Griezmann
- Salah (not a striker, but in terms of goalscoring)

His strength:
- Physically strong, relatively fast
- Consistently score against weaker teams, he is a very good fat track bully
- average 25+ goals per season, which is good record

His weakness:
- Very poor first touch and technique, very clumsy when ball is in his feet
- Always poor performance against stronger teams
- Fail to win any trophy for his team

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Can see this happening in two years:

Paul Pogba watch | Slips on his arse in the CL Final.

Tony247

Very well articulated.

Never a fan of his 'movements' or lack of it, add to that his horrible first touch, top that with shit hold up game.

Deluded.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Have to say, your stance here is a bit weird given how outspoken you are in wishing the worst for players after they move on from United, Angel Gomes being one example of many.

In fact, I would have thought you’d revel in this thread given what’s happening in it at the moment. Must have been against Lukaku’s sale?
If you ever see me posting a load of green smilies because Gomes missed a sitter you might have a point. Don’t hold your breath though. I wanted Lukaku moved on and I’ve been irritated by how well he’s done at Inter. I don’t enjoy reading about players who left United upping their game at a different club because I’m not a masochist. I’d rather this thread didn’t exist at all. Doesn’t help that it’s full of people making tits of themselves.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't think he's an average player and is certainly a very good striker, but when you have the arrogance levels that he has you can't help but smirk when stuff like this happens to him.