Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

spiriticon

He's been better since he left, and United has also been better since he left.

Win-win for all parties

RooneyLegend

Bit pathetic to post that "open goal" miss to be honest. Was hardly a wasted opportunity.

Inter have won 7 in a row, are a point of first place and he has 11 goals and 2 assists in 13 games.

No, he'll never have certain technical qualities, but he does what he's supposed to do and he's appreciated for it in Italy and beyond.
It's the era of the techno forward. If you don't fit in with that youre a donkey. These days Inzaghi wouldn't have been let on the pitch.

Paul_Scholes18

He's been better since he left, and United has also been better since he left.

Win-win for all parties
I think if both can win something big finally it would make it win win.
So far both sides have failed when it really matter. Martial and Lukaku been central to that in a bad way.

It is a great chance for Inter to win the title though. Also we have a good chance to win the league too.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's the era of the techno forward. If you don't fit in with that youre a donkey. These days Inzaghi wouldn't have been let on the pitch.
Inzaghi was twice the player.
Amazing at destroying offside traps, fox in the box and a proper finisher...
Not to mention he scored vs great teams and on a regular basis at that.
If Lukaku was born 10-20 years earlier he wouldn't even be relevant at this point

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inzaghi was twice the player.
Amazing at destroying offside traps, fox in the box and a proper finisher...
Not to mention he scored vs great teams and on a regular basis at that.
If Lukaku was born 10-20 years earlier he wouldn't even be relevant at this point
Icardi is like Inzaghi. He can't get a game for PSG. They play Kean instead, who is half the goalscorer but several times better outside the box

GifLord

Lukaku: 'I'm in world's top five strikers' @ Football Italia
Inter star Romelu Lukaku would put himself ‘in the top five strikers in the world right now’ and explains how various coaches changed his approach to the game.
The Belgium international spoke to reporters in his homeland magazine Sport/Voetbal Magazine about his career path and current success at San Siro.
“When I step on to the pitch, I want to win. That means everything in Italy. There’s an enormous difference compared to the football approach in England,
so here I can concentrate on what I am asked to do. In tactical terms, I mustn’t get my positioning or direction wrong. Ever.
“Over the last five months, I would put myself in the list of the top five strikers in the world right now,” said Lukaku. “I don’t want to draw up a list of the
others, but I see myself in there.”
The 27-year-old has found the net 15 times in 18 competitive games for Inter this season, along with two assists.
“I liked vertical football, as I am dangerous when I can face the goal. I’m quick and can dribble past my opponent, or move to the left or even the right.
That’s where I played in the past, because I was with teams that focused a great deal on the counter-attack.
“However, playing for Belgium forced me to modify my playing style. We rapidly became a side that focuses more on possession and that means there are fewer spaces to run into.
“Roberto Martinez has done everything possible to make me feel more at my ease playing with my back to the goal, both for the national team and previously at Everton.
I had a lot to learn at 20, but I soon realised that if I trained hard on that aspect of my game, I could do anything I wanted during a game.
“Jose Mourinho taught me to work better with the collective, both in terms of pressing and my positioning. Just look at what he’s achieving with Harry Kane now at Tottenham.”
Now Lukaku is working with another experienced coach in Antonio Conte, with Lautaro Martinez as his strike partner.
“Before coming here, I did watch a few Inter games and saw Lautaro was quite isolated upfront,” continued Romelu.
“I immediately realised he could make a leap up in quality if we were playing together. Sometimes it’s his day to shine, sometimes it’s mine. If you accept that, everything will be fine.
“I am aware of the responsibility I have to this squad, so I have no right to start waving my arms and getting frustrated. If I do that, it has a negative effect on the team.
We need leaders on the field like me, Arturo Vidal, Nicolò Barella or Alexis Sanchez, because only with that attitude can we transform the mentality of the team and overturn a game.”
Talk about delusion

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
he´s been playing in piss poor league where most of the teams are at the level of bottom 10 in the EPL or worse, so no wonder he´s got some good numbers, while having a decent creative team behind. I can´t believe we got so much money for him but at least it´s a prove that a United flop can do well in Italy and we can get some fees for some players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
he´s been playing in piss poor league where most of the teams are at the level of bottom 10 in the EPL or worse, so no wonder he´s got some good numbers, while having a decent creative team behind. I can´t believe we got so much money for him but at least it´s a prove that a United flop can do well in Italy and we can get some fees for some players.
:rolleyes:
He had good numbers in the EPL too. Why do people make it seem like Lukaku didn't score goals in England? 17 goals with West fecking Brom in 2013. Third top scorer in 2016 and only Harry Kane scored more than him a year later. What was behind those good numbers? Piss poor league?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I see what you are trying to say but the bolded part applies to the EPL too. :angel:

Bobski

His goal record was never and has never been the issue with his game.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t know whether his poor touch goes punished less often in serie A due to the slower pace of the game, or whether he’s just made the kind of improvement that comes with hitting your peak. But it seems clear he’s at a club that suits him. He was never the right fit for us but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a club somewhere that can get the best out of him. He’s always known where the goal is.

GifLord

I see what you are trying to say but the bolded part applies to the EPL too. :angel:
Yeah maybe to WBA and Sheffield this season.
Bottom 10 teams in Serie A are pure shit. Also because there's no money in Serie A the newly promoted teams barely get anything while in EPL they get at least 80mil€

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Bottom 10 teams in Serie A are pure shit. Also because there's no money in Serie A the newly promoted teams barely get anything while in EPL they get at least 80mil€
Same goes with EPL though. I mean - West Ham are in top 10 EPL yet would be relegated in La Liga.

GifLord

Same goes with EPL though. I mean - West Ham are in top 10 EPL yet would be relegated in La Liga.
How do you know they'd be relegated in La Liga? La Liga's a shit show at the moment since both top clubs are in transition

JPRouve

Scout
No. Every team that is curerntly part of the bottom 10 is bottom level or worse, it's a fact not a matter of debate. The only debate that you can have is about teams that are above bottom 10 and could still be at a similar level than bottom 10 teams.

GifLord

No. Every team that is curerntly part of the bottom 10 is bottom level or worse, it's a fact not a matter of debate. The only debate that you can have is about teams that are above bottom 10 and could still be at a similar level than bottom 10 teams.
Leeds are currently 12th and im almost certain they would beat any Serie A team in the bottom half

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Leeds are currently 12th and im almost certain they would beat any Serie A team in the bottom half
Similarly Lazio are 9th but would beat the likes of Everton, Aston Villa, Southampton etc.
Also, Atalanta aren’t even top 5 in Italy yet have more wins at Anfield this season than any Team in the Premier League for more than 3 years...

JPRouve

Scout
They could but they wouldn't, they would win some, draw some and lose some. But that's beside the point most teams in any leagues are at or the below the level of at leat half of the teams, that's a truism.

GifLord

Similarly Lazio are 9th but would beat the likes of Everton, Aston Villa, Southampton etc.
Also, Atalanta aren’t even top 5 in Italy yet have more wins at Anfield this season than any Team in the Premier League for more than 3 years...
Not so sure about Lazio - they've been wank in Europe and they're poor in the league aswell

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not so sure about Lazio - they've been wank in Europe and they're poor in the league aswell
Unbeaten in the CL and finished second. Albeit with 2 wins and 4 draws.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Not sure how they are wank in Europe where they are in the last 16, something neither Inter or Manchester United could do.

keep in mind Lazio did it with half their team missing match days 2 and 3 due to COVID. Immobile scored in every song CL game so he was obviously a big miss for them vs Zenit and Brugge.