Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

UncleBob

Lukaku is a quality striker too though. Not sure his ego is healthy though. I think Ibra might be a good comparison since his ego has been a problem at times too.
Wanting too much space and status in a group. With Messi they clashed and he had to leave.
I am not sure about Lukaku causing problems with his teammates, but it might have been a problem here too.
:lol:

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I just used them as examples. Many big strikers got huge ego. Cantona, Rooney, Ruud etc would have had for us too.
Ibrahimovic might be a better comparison as they play similar roles and played for many different sides after huge transfers.
Still not the same bracket.

Paul_Scholes18

Still not the same bracket.
Strikers for top teams in europe all of them and main men at the clubs they are at.
Certainly same bracket even if you do not rate Lukaku as high as them.
Lukaku has not won much though, but he has many years to go too.
For our club he will not be remembered well with time, but might be at Inter if they win the league.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Strikers for top teams in europe all of them and main men at the clubs they are at.
Certainly same bracket even if you do not rate Lukaku as high as them.
Lukaku has not won much though, but he has many years to go too.
For our club he will not be remembered well with time, but might be at Inter if they win the league.
I meant all those you mentioned were technically gifted (and played for top teams while dominating their leagues).

Lukaku is way off them in his technical ability, in honors he's won and the tier of club he's played for. He's not likely to be the main striker at a team fighting for major trophies, so I don't see how he'll get any of those.

I'm not saying this to disrespect him, I think he's good, but some way off being an elite forward.

Gazza

Isn’t this the guy who told his teammates they needed to “man up”? The guy bitching about his fifa stats on twitter, I mean?

Paul_Scholes18

I meant all those you mentioned were technically gifted (and played for top teams while dominating their leagues).

Lukaku is way off them in his technical ability, in honors he's won and the tier of club he's played for. He's not likely to be the main striker at a team fighting for major trophies, so I don't see how he'll get any of those.

I'm not saying this to disrespect him, I think he's good, but some way off being an elite forward.
Fair enough. I don't think he will win CL like Rooney has, but I think he can win the league at Inter.
Ibra has also an insane amount of league titles. Ruud I think only won one league title here so I guess they are closest to each other. Although Ruud won with Real Madrid too, but no CL.
In terms of goals scored he is probably behind them all per game even though Lukaku scores a lot too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I mean it would’ve been fine if he’d said it in a jokey way like Rio did when his pace was downgraded.

But he seems genuinely upset by it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's not wrong 85 is way too high a rating. Martial is only 83.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Lukaku highlights reel vs Fiorentina

New season, same story
That second clip is exactly the kind of thing he does constantly, which is why I wonder how anyone can say he’s a great finisher.

Glad I don’t have to watch his tumescent football for us anymore, even if he does bag eventually.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

New season, same story
You can make literally any player in the world look bad if you go and find their worst moments in a game, he was decisive for them yet again even in one of his worst games in an Inter shirt.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
You can make literally any player in the world look bad if you go and find their worst moments in a game, he was decisive for them yet again even in one of his worst games in an Inter shirt.
If Vlahovic doesn't miss that chance at 3:2 he'd be the main culprit for the loss. He was absolute dogshite before he scored the tap-in

Untd55

Wait a minute. Where is the fitness excuse? Their season finished later than ours, yet Lukaku is supposed to be on top form in his first game but ours can be lame even in their second game?

Didn't he score anyway?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
No decent player has lowlights like he does in pretty much every single game.

Rockets Redglare

Even for his goal it seemed to me the “pass” to Sanchez looked like he just didn’t control it and was lucky Sanchez was there to pick it up.

Mike Smalling

New season, same story
You love to see it (the bad touches and missed chances, not the goal).

I will be the first to admit that my level of schadenfreude towards Lukaku is completely juvenile, but I don't care. I hope he scores a 100 more own goals in cup finals.

Paul_Scholes18

Wait a minute. Where is the fitness excuse? Their season finished later than ours, yet Lukaku is supposed to be on top form in his first game but ours can be lame even in their second game?

Didn't he score anyway?
Lukaku is a world beater and Inter world class team. They have higher standard than us managed by OGS.

They had a terrible defense anyway for this game so maybe that part got tired?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
No decent player has lowlights like he does in pretty much every single game.
I don’t think so, he has games where he’s brilliant even in his link up too. It’s not true that he’s always that clumsy with the ball.

I just feel bad for him when I see the hate he gets on here tbh, even with the problems in his game he’s still a very good striker and has done well at Inter. If he becomes even slightly influential in the big games there will be very few strikers better than him in the world imo

Paul_Scholes18

Sorry but how is Lukaku a world beater? What top tier trophies has he won?
It was a joke about different standards. Should have made it more obvious.
He is a very good striker, but he has pretty much won nothing. Lost some finals and semi finals.
He seem to be a bottler in big games as far as I know. He will probably win something big before he ends, but I can't see a CL win.
Maybe win Euros with Belgium since they got a great team.

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Can't believe I wanted him here so badly. That was a huge facepalm moment for me.
He did alright for us in his first year. Although didn't bring the winning mentality we needed and we didn't have it either.
We have still not really replaced him even if Martial has done well who we already had here.
The way we have failed to bring in one single attacker this window is just bloody awful. Maybe we panic buy someone late?

Robbie Boy

He did alright for us in his first year. Although didn't bring the winning mentality we needed and we didn't have it either.
We have still not really replaced him even if Martial has done well who we already had here.
The way we have failed to bring in one single attacker this window is just bloody awful. Maybe we panic buy someone late?
His lack of any semblance of technique made it impossible to play with an quick, intricate front three. I would personally rate his spell with us as pretty poor and extremely forgettable.

We shouldn't have extended Ighalo's loan and went and tried to sign another striker we could rotate, who is far better than Ighalo. I don't see us making any late CF signings tbh. These Cavani and Jovic links look like pure nonsense.

Teja

I thought he was pretty good based off of the highlights (except for the first one obviously). The second one where he gets the ball with back to goal and turns the defender making the chance was what he was really good at in England as well. Some misses are unlucky, he usually buries them.

Paul_Scholes18

His lack of any semblance of technique made it impossible to play with an quick, intricate front three. I would personally rate his spell with us as pretty poor and extremely forgettable.

We shouldn't have extended Ighalo's loan and went and tried to sign another striker we could rotate, who is far better than Ighalo. I don't see us making any late CF signings tbh. These Cavani and Jovic links look like pure nonsense.
We played some good stuff though when he first came. At least up to the City game we looked to be in the race for the title even with City winning every game pretty much.
It got worse after christmas at least in terms of entertainment. Sanchez was such a poor buy too.
We will see if we go for another striker. I rather see a winger at the moment, but a striker would help us too.

Cloud7

You love to see it (the bad touches and missed chances, not the goal).

I will be the first to admit that my level of schadenfreude towards Lukaku is completely juvenile, but I don't care. I hope he scores a 100 more own goals in cup finals.
Same. I don't care to be mature or rational. Feck 'Mentally tough, Man up' Lukaku

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yet another goal, inside a minute

The guy is lethal with the right service.

Paul_Scholes18

Yet another goal, inside a minute

The guy is lethal with the right service.
Should he not be tired and burned out like our players? He played the final so should have one week less to get ready than our boys. They also had much less rest overall starting the league later.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Should he not be tired and burned out like our players? He played the final so should have one week less to get ready than our boys. They also had much less rest overall starting the league later.
Nah, don't you know that only applies to clubs who wear red or are in Manchester...

Paul_Scholes18

Nah, don't you know that only applies to clubs who wear red or are in Manchester...
Feels like it is just an excuse for PL teams for playing badly. Or well mainly us, but people claim Wolves , Chelsea, Arsenal and City had too little rest too.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Two very easy goals for him. Now he doesn't hit the ball right in front of goal. Benevento are terrible. Typical Lukaku in action here.