Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Ban

I rather see Martial, Greenwood and Rashford instead of him any day.
Ok you left, good luck, but why bother crying about it so much? He's so precious it's beyond belief.
Also anybody defending him after those quotes is probably a huge wum. Either that or they are just one of those choosing a certain player over club I won't ever understand.

steffyr2

I rather see Martial, Greenwood and Rashford instead of him any day.
Ok you left, good luck, but why bother crying about it so much? He's so precious it's beyond belief.
Also anybody defending him after those quotes is probably a huge wum. Either that or they are just one of those choosing a certain player over club I won't ever understand.
That wasn't a necessary choice, was it? We could have had Martial, Greenwood, Rashford AND Lukaku. He had a contract, right?

I read a New York Times article, says that Lukaku felt that he & Pogba were constantly blamed for everything that went wrong at Utd. Said he spoke six languages, now seven with Italian. Most of the article was about the racism in Italy (and elsewhere). Amazing that he'd rather walk into that than stay in England.

always_hoping

I just realized that I don't know what Lukaku did to be sold. Same question with Fellaini (sp?)and Smalling . Certainly they were good players that we could have used this year.
Lukakus 15 goals in 45 appearances last season and lack professionalism plus lack of a first touch contributed to him getting sold. Fellaini was a Moyes signing, a decent professional who rarely complained about his plan B role but a mystery how he lasted as long as he did at the club.

With the signing of Maguire, Smalling was told he wouldn't be first choice this season and then accepted an offer from Roma whom guaranteed him more game time. Letting Herrera go for free and not bringing in any replacement was the worse bit of transfer business this year.

Gasolin

That wasn't a necessary choice, was it? We could have had Martial, Greenwood, Rashford AND Lukaku. He had a contract, right?

I read a New York Times article, says that Lukaku felt that he & Pogba were constantly blamed for everything that went wrong at Utd. Said he spoke six languages, now seven with Italian. Most of the article was about the racism in Italy (and elsewhere). Amazing that he'd rather walk into that than stay in England.
Lukaku had the wrong mentality though. It's a high pressure environment at United no matter what because of the number of people who look at United precisely. So yeah, maybe he missed some chances, but he should have worked more on them in the training to become better. Just like what some other superstars who wore the shirt did and were known for.

So if he did train more on his first touch, on his movement and on his finishing, he would still be at United, full stop.

In Italy it might work this year but long term, he will get blamed for missing a shit load of chances and that's already happened against Barcelona in the C1.
I'd be interested to see if he can beat us or score against us if we meet in the EL.

Ban

Not really. He didn't fit and anyway he wanted out after the 2nd game for us as he says. Even if we bought another striker instead I'd rather want a Rashford Martial type than Lukaku static type of a striker.

InfiniteBoredom

The degree to which he craves validation is really quite tragic.

Imagine getting your dream move and 2 games in decided you’ve had enough because some randoms on the Internet doesn’t worship the ground you walk on.

Emotionally immature, in a literal sense.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Player wanted to leave as he didn't want to fight for his position. He even skipped preseason training.

He always wanted to play in Serie A and other leagues, Lukaku and his agent said it many times and he is just following his career dream of playing in many leagues.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Inappropriate Behavior
Oh dear, were some randoms on the internet mean to you captain pampers? Grow a pair you ridiculous little man child. You aren't good enough, end of discussion you total and utter little pussy.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The degree to which he craves validation is really quite tragic.

Imagine getting your dream move and 2 games in decided you’ve had enough because some randoms on the Internet doesn’t worship the ground you walk on.

Emotionally immature, in a literal sense.
Meh, don't believe for 1 second he wanted out after 2 games. He started his United career really well and scored 10 goals in the first 9 appearances (think he even broke Charlton record with that).

But he was a failure or never the right fit so that's what bothers him and that's the reason for all this nonsense and excuses. If he was still here playing as the main striker he would probably say United is his dream club. He is unbelievably fragile which is pretty ironic considering his "man up" bollocks that was coming when he was undroppable.

Meh, don't believe for 1 second he wanted out after 2 games. He started his United career really well and scored 10 goals in the first 9 appearances (think he even broke Charlton record with that).

But he was a failure or never the right fit so that's what bothers him and that's the reason for all this nonsense and excuses. If he was still here playing as the main striker he would probably say United is his dream club. He is unbelievably fragile which is pretty ironic considering his "man up" bollocks that was coming when he was undroppable.
100% agree. This 2 game wanting out story is another load of BS to paint the picture of Lukuku being misused and abused.

RedStarUnited

Even up to last week, so many people in here kept saying we still needed him as the goals were not replaced. With that goal yeaterday, Rashford has already outscored him from last season. Martial is 5 goals away. Im pretty confident Martial will get more before the end of the season.

Lukakus best return for us is 27 in all competitions. Rashford is 11 goals away from that tally, would anyone really bet against him getting it?

Josep Dowling

My issue was never that we sold him it was simply we should have replaced him.

The fact he was sold put incredible pressure in the squad as we lacked strikers. It showed when Martial was injured. And it’s likely to happen against if one of Rashford and Martial get injured.

Lukaku was an alright striker but he always missed big chances for me. I know he scored against Barcelona but he had 2 very good chances that he completely fluffed that’s cost them the games. That how I always felt with him in a United shirt. Plus the fact we never played to his strengths.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
My issue was never that we sold him it was simply we should have replaced him.

The fact he was sold put incredible pressure in the squad as we lacked strikers. It showed when Martial was injured. And it’s likely to happen against if one of Rashford and Martial get injured.

Lukaku was an alright striker but he always missed big chances for me. I know he scored against Barcelona but he had 2 very good chances that he completely fluffed that’s cost them the games. That how I always felt with him in a United shirt. Plus the fact we never played to his strengths.
Agreed

Can we all now dispense with the; “I have no problem getting rid of ( insert players names). My problem is we should have replaced them,” comments.

We are where we are. Let’s at least try and look forwards

Classical Mechanic

It’s pretty clear that Lukaku was unpopular with his teammates so we were more than happy to take the money and run.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Oh dear, were some randoms on the internet mean to you captain pampers? Grow a pair you ridiculous little man child. You aren't good enough, end of discussion you total and utter little pussy.
Bang on

Awful player and talks way too much

He is a great example of what having good representation can do

I’ve never known a player perform so consistently hopelessly in the big games despite all of the bluster

I disliked Fellaini immensely but genuinely was more pained by his exit than Lukaku’s

I still maintain we should have replaced the big lump though

Halftrack

I just realized that I don't know what Lukaku did to be sold. Same question with Fellaini (sp?)and Smalling . Certainly they were good players that we could have used this year.
He's a bit of a donkey who isn't suited for quick transitions, so Ole told him he wouldn't be first choice. Lukaku didn't like the idea of not being an automatic starter, so he asked to be sold and the club obliged.

There are also things pointing to him not being especially popular among his teammates, so moving him on was probably good for squad harmony.

MalcolmTucker

Rashford has already matched Lukaku's PL goal tally last season in 12 fewer games from the wing, all while actually scoring important goals against the top 6. Meanwhile Martial has a far better goal to game ratio than Lukaku last season. There's no doubt they link up better without Lukaku and this is without Pogba feeding them for the whole season so far.

Our attack is obviously very young and will probably start to peak in 3+ years, yet it's surpassing the 'goals we'd miss' from Lukaku currently and that's without mentioning their obvious superiority on the ball.

Of course Lukaku would have been a good direct option from the bench if we wanted to whip crosses in the box for the last 10 minutes (although he is an overrated box player), but I'd rather see Mason Greenwood develop than watch Lukaku take up his game time by pointing to where he wanted the ball while hiding behind a defender.

Last edited:

Meep

To me, Lukaku is a big baby.

If he doesn't get what he points at - he cries.
With his comments (lies and rewritten history, still fat but eating salad, no he didn't want to leave after 2 games) he acts like three-year-old testing the boundaries.
He seems to think he has no responsibility and points at everything/everyone else. I have not seen him own up to anything about his failure here. Just like a child.
Want a lot of respect, but doesn't show anything for it. No extras, no hard training, just me, myself and I.

He will end his career early.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
86 pages about a shite player who we sold. You guys did this with Welbeck to. Snowflakes can never let go. :lol:
To be fair, I don't remember Welbeck complaining that much about his time at United. But yeah, we do seem to obsess about past players who we had expectations of. If Pogba were to leave i imagine the thread about him will be hundreds of pages long.

mu4c_20le

He will end his career early.
I think he will follow the footsteps of his idol Drogba and go to China when he loses his pace. Agree that he is like a child that requires constant coddling to get the best of him, I'm glad Ole wasn't willing to do that and binned him.

Champagne Football

The Belgian Heskey. The sooner this club can return to being a force again, the better, to banish the horror memories of the Moyes/Van Gaal/Mourinho triple poison cocktail era, and the endless awful signings they brought with them.

Last edited:

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Has scored twice already in the first half tonight.

Away at Napoli.

First one a good shot from distance after a quick counter. Second quite lucky, keeper should've saved.

Can't stop scoring atm.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
He has already scored more than he did at United the whole of last season in only half as many games. And some of his goals have been absolute belters.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He has already scored more than he did at United the whole of last season in only half as many games. And some of his goals have been absolute belters.
But but he's a donkey with a poor first touch....:houllier:

Thiagoal

If you play to Romelu’s strengths he will score for fun! Jose brought him to the club and wanted wide players that would provide for him...whether this was the ‘United way’ is debatable but it’s how Jose would have got success!

Ed knew better though- vetoed all Jose’s wishes and around we go again!

Paul_Scholes18

If keeps up that form, Belgium will have a good chance.
They are my favorites right now. They have the best player in that tournament which is De Bruyne.

People will say France, but with Pogba not playing and Giroud still as the main forward I am not sure it is enough. LLoris out now as well and he was key last world cup. Mbappe is still great, but not feeling the rest of that attack will do much.

England can go far too, but got a defense and keeper that is not at the highest level. Although to be fair Maguire has been very good for England and normally plays better for them than he does for us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He is. It was more to do with Napoli's mistakes than Lukaku's ability
Just watched them and I have to agree. Their entire defence kept backing off and allowed him to run half the length of the pitch with the ball for the first goal, and the second is a tame shot right at the keeper which he fumbles into the net. They all count, but let's not pretend he's suddenly turned into Pele.