Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree, but that also meant the club had plenty of time to get someone in as they knew he would be gone.
Which is the problem that I had this summer and why I wanted us to take 10 or 15 less millions if it meant having time to bring someone. Instead we went with the stupid idea of squeezing every cents out of Inter and only sold him at the last minute.

AshRK

He was not good for Utd end of. There was a moment in today's game when inter had a great counter, ball comes to Lukaku and u can guess how it ended.
And yet he scored 2 and won the game for Inter. Goals win you matches. The whole lukaku bashing would have made sense had we had better goal scorers.

Mcking

Oh yes a once in a blue moon moment. I'll tell u when i win the jackpot
Well, you deal on moments, so I thought I'd ask you about a few moments in Inter's games. You could go on and on if you really want to talk about all those beautiful moments. Man Utd's game today had a few too.

C'est Moi Cantona

He was always going to score goals, it was everything else that went with him that was the problem, and of course the fact we didn't replace him.

Darmae

How many of you smart asses watched today's match?
I did, and he was actually quite good. he hardly lost any ball and played really well as a pivot (not something many here would have thought he would have been able to). And he scored the equalizer and had the balls to convert the penalty.

And yes, he fecked up one counte attack and missed one chance.

But, I repeat, his footballing game today was really good.

You seem to really have an anti Lukaku agenda here. When you realise not many people watched the game you give your own spin on the game because you 'watched' it. And thereby imply he really sucked at playing football and just scored goals. Again, he played well!!!

Tostao_80

There was another moment when he received the ball on the right wing around the hour mark in Inter's game against Brescia, guess what happened?
You seem really bitter about Lukaku. He left, move on. He's not the second coming of Batigol, and his touch is questionable, but he scores goals, something the beloved Rashford cant seem to do. 9 goals in 10 starts, must really burn you. Why is that?

432JuanMata

Better goalscorerer than what we have. He would be our top scorer if he was here was a good player but didn’t suit us. Not replacing him was criminal though relying on Martial and Rashford that can barely hit 15 goals a season was madness

ShoePolish

Those goals he scored were a tap in and a penalty. And since our team can get nowhere near to make these sort of conditions for our strikers, I think an ex tap in merchant is the least of our worries right now.

432JuanMata

Those goals he scored were a tap in and a penalty. And since our team can get nowhere near to make these sort of conditions for our strikers, I think an ex tap in merchant is the least of our worries right now.
We have missed 4 penos this season and I remember James putting in loads of balls across the 6 yard box this season and nobody made the run. Lukaku would be our top goal scorer if he was here. Doesn’t mean I think he is good enough in the long term

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We have missed 4 penos this season and I remember James putting in loads of balls across the 6 yard box this season and nobody made the run. Lukaku would be our top goal scorer if he was here. Doesn’t mean I think he is good enough in the long term
Lukaku is a terrible penalty taker.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He was always going to score goals, it was everything else that went with him that was the problem, and of course the fact we didn't replace him.
Exactly. We aren't producing opportunities/tap ins on a platter like a limited striker needs. He doesn't make your team play better. He doesn't add anything to the collective. If we had a team that could carry someone like him who does feck all otherwise then great, but we clearly have too many of those already.

el3mel

And yet he scored 2 and won the game for Inter. Goals win you matches. The whole lukaku bashing would have made sense had we had better goal scorers.
The over the top hate for him here was always irrational and kinda funny, but what can you say, people also did the same thing with Herrera when he decided to leave, he suddenly became bang average player holding the club to ransom and asking for ridiculous fees (which we are giving to many players anyway, like Rashford and Martial). It's like people can't withstand the idea players might not want to stay here.

I don't like him as a football that much but he would have been a good squad option at least and a better sight to put in than say Jesse fecking Lingard. Personally he wasn't as bad as people here are claiming. I'm glad he's doing well for them. No personal hate for this guy.

Sterling Archer

Which is the problem that I had this summer and why I wanted us to take 10 or 15 less millions if it meant having time to bring someone. Instead we went with the stupid idea of squeezing every cents out of Inter and only sold him at the last minute.
This is also something that I believe is all on Ed. Ole was very explicit about getting replacements should Lukaku or Sanchez go. Should Ole's head roll, I hope he stops the nice guy act and let's it all out about Ed. For the good of the club it's necessary

lsd

The Oracle

Yeah we can talk :rolleyes:

He played well throughout looks very sharp another 2 goals and lets face it he could stop playing now and Martial and Rashford would still struggle to match his tally .

We sold the wrong player any idiot can see that

He played well throughout looks very sharp another 2 goals and lets face it he could stop playing now and Martial and Rashford would still struggle to match his tally .

One of the best things the club has done in the last 5 years was getting rid of Lukuku. He was a virus. Delighted to see the back of him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

He was our 4th choice penalty taker FFS and he wanted to leave for whatever reason. We sold the right player and then didn't replace him because Woodward is a dickhead. Simple as that.

lsd

The Oracle
As for scoring a tap in thats what good strikers do . Mctominay had a shot on goal today that their keeper could only parry yet none of our strikers were anywhere near to go do anything with it .

Thats been the story of our season our strikers do not follow anything in and have no natural instinct to do so .

Lukaku is miles ahead of Martial and Rashford in playing that role and thats why Inter paid what they did for him . The only club stupid enough to pay that kind of money for Martial or Rashford would be us

Tostao_80

One of the best things the club has done in the last 5 years was getting rid of Lukuku. He was a virus. Delighted to see the back of him.
Look where you are without that virus. Youre a shocking team with strikers who dont score. And hes banging them in. Oh what joy.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Is he actually? I only followed him at Manchester United, and not much at Everton so I've never seen him take a penalty before? I'm genuinely curious, as he's taken three penalties for us so far, and put the goalkeeper the wrong way each time, scoring extremely confidently.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He wasnt going to be a starter here when everyone is fit, he showed he cant do that effectively so that's why he wanted to go. If he was happy with being a squad player, I'm sure Ole would've kept him. No point in that though from his POV. He'll always score goals, but there are so many problems in his game that Ole preferred to try and build something here properly.

eire-red

Don't think we ever doubted he'd score goals. He'll eat some of those poorer teams in the Serie A for breakfast. The problem isn't what Lukaku brought to the team against the likes of Bologna, or Stoke or whatever mid table team it was.

Watch him against the top 6, when he has no time on the ball. You'd never going to go deep in the CL with players like Lukaku. Like previously mentioned, the problem isn't that we somd him, bit we didn't replace him with a top CF.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Letting him leave before acquiring a replacement will lead to Ole being sacked. It was stupid to gamble like that (selling him before replacing him)

gajender

Letting him leave before acquiring a replacement will lead to Ole being sacked. It was stupid to gamble like that (selling him before replacing him)
Selling Lukaku and not bringing a replacement was a mistake but it's not the reason why Ole would get fired he simply isn't good enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole being an average coach will lead to his sacking.

However despite never liking Lukaku, it shows the utter incompetence to sell and loan out established names, without at least bringing in stop gap replacements. Ridiculous management. Mourinho didn't perform well enough but there's no chance he would have made such a daft call. I wanted both gone but even if we weren't convinced by the options we should have brought it cheap punts or experience short term/loan solutions to make up for Sanchez and Lukaku going out.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lukaku isnt useless. He's got his strenght and weaknesses.

Our manager think he's useless and offers nothing to his team. Fair play. Just make sure you actually can back your judgment with points.
Yep. I never liked Lukaku but selling him without any replacement whatsoever means you're deeming him completely worthless, which he obviously wasn't. He's always been a good goalscorer. And it's not like the likes of Greenwood and Gomes are getting a lot of changes either so all in all a poor bit of management.

tenpoless

The thing about us and other club is, They seem to know how to use our ex-players and We had no idea what to do with them. Exposing their weaknesses than playing to their strengths. Not every player is in the mold of Giggs and Ronaldo where you can expect them to adapt.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Selling Lukaku and not bringing a replacement was a mistake but it's not the reason why Ole would get fired he simply isn't good enough.
Ole being an average coach will lead to his sacking.

However despite never liking Lukaku, it shows the utter incompetence to sell and loan out established names, without at least bringing in stop gap replacements. Ridiculous management. Mourinho didn't perform well enough but there's no chance he would have made such a daft call. I wanted both gone but even if we weren't convinced by the options we should have brought it cheap punts or experience short term/loan solutions to make up for Sanchez and Lukaku going out.
Without a doubt he isn't a good enough, I just meant to say despite, having a player who could score would have bought him more time to ultimately get more players and maybe improve the team.
I cannot reiterate it enough, selling Lukaku before replacing was beyond stupid. A risky gamble that put the club in a desperate situation vis-à-vis the other clubs they wanted to sign players from. If many of us can see that and could see it in the summer and the club doesn't, it's fecked up

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nothing stopped United from negotiating a deal for a replacement while negotiating his sale

Except apparently United are the only club who can only negotiate one deal at a time :rolleyes: