Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

King Andow

I will always remember this moment from him. It was genuinely ome of the most stupid things I saw in football game. It was even funnier live.
We let him go and now here we are in need of a CB.
Woodward out.

cyberman

I've controlled a football like that. Anyone half decent who's played Sunday league has probably done the same. Cringey from Inter but hilarious to see and I can't wait for the memes everytime he fecks up.
Ive trapped that under foot never mind take it down!

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Have to imagine they've waited all season for him to do that.

Paul_Scholes18

He is going to score a wondergoal if we play them in the final. Just know it. Although I think they will get knocked out earlier.Hopefully we can win this!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You know it's bad when it takes a year to see Lukaku control a football properly.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And it wouldn't get anymore attention than a half-arsed "oh, touch" shout from one of your mates. If one tried to bring it up in a later conversation, you'd be laughed out of the pub.
Exactly.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
And when and how will he reach this higher plane of existence?

He's 27 now for feck sake.

He's still got a terrible first touch. It's not going to be consistently any better at this stage of his development.
I don’t think he’ll become a way better player. I Just think he could be even more effective and with better numbers and performances in the CL. He was very good for us against PSG away. If he was like that on the regular he’d get a lot more respect. Yes he’s clearly flawed at the top level but He’s also very hard to stop once he gets going.

The guy is a joke, and whoever posted that he requested it is probably right. He can’t cope with criticism, and is still resentful towards us because of it.

Small time by Inter. It’s not as if it’s Bergkamp. The fact that he can’t do that every game, not expected every time, but he should be able to control the ball at least some of the time! He’s a professional footballer.

No wonder they want Sanchez if this is the sort of crap they post about.

I don’t think he’ll become a way better player. I Just think he could be even more effective and with better numbers and performances in the CL. He was very good for us against PSG away. If he was like that on the regular he’d get a lot more respect. Yes he’s clearly flawed at the top level but He’s also very hard to stop once he gets going.
He was good in one game in two years.

Might as well sign Fulham’s left back, he scored twice in an important game once as well.

Ali Dia

He was good in one game in two years.

Might as well sign Fulham’s left back, he scored twice in an important game once as well.
I’ll look forward to seeing him in the champions league next season so. He’s got a manager who believes in him. A team set up to get the best out him and they are investing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do a lot better there over the next few seasons. That’s all I’m saying.

stu_1992

This is honestly pretty cringe from the Inter twitter account. If I was the player, I'd be pretty pissed they even acknowledged it. If anything it just makes the claims more legitimate. Showing him pulling out an impressive first touch doesn't automatically erase all the horrendous first touches we've seen from him. We still remember that. It also means nothing in isolation, you could pull up a video of a Sunday League footballer pulling that off, but that doesn't mean his first touch doesn't put the ball out for a throw in 9 times out of 10.

Anyway, we know what we had with Lukaku. That video is an exception to the norm. If he pulled off basic first touches that were half as impressive as that consistently, then there would be nothing to say.

RK

His good first touch in the tweet doesn't seem totally deliberate. The idea is to cushion it onto the grass, not back onto the same foot because it's more likely to be miscontrolled.

I’ll look forward to seeing him in the champions league next season so. He’s got a manager who believes in him. A team set up to get the best out him and they are investing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do a lot better there over the next few seasons. That’s all I’m saying.
Are you a Utd dan? Why would you be looking forward to watching Lukuku?

Jose believed in him, and it didn’t mean he was suddenly a class player.

Ali Dia

Are you a Utd dan? Why would you be looking forward to watching Lukuku?

Jose believed in him, and it didn’t mean he was suddenly a class player.
i like watching out for our old players to see if they hit form again after they leave. See if their new form stacks up with what we saw. I’m not an inter or lukaku fan but as I said I have a feeling he’s going to do well there over the next few seasons in the CL and this thread will be busy enough.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don't think so. I even think he's surprised a bit himself, that he controlled it. Look at his face. It's there for a split second.
Not the touch but the drag back and flick in one movement too. Like we wouldn’t all be creaming if Greenwood did that.

United58

Not the touch but the drag back and flick in one movement too. Like we wouldn’t all be creaming if Greenwood did that.
Tbf Greenwood's been doing stuff like that all season, he's silky smooth on the ball, constantly pulling 180° turns etc.