Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Absolute class from Rashford there. Maybe those who still hate the man even more than 1 year after leaving will let it rest a little bit. Our players still like him and have no problem with him.
He was given a great send off wasn’t he? It’s clear I don’t rate Lukaku, but it’s also pretty obvious the players didn’t miss him or Sanchez. He’s not a player that was liked.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He had a great tournament, even if he did feck up in the final
In what way did he have a great tournament? Absolute tool int he final .Was practically invisible vs Shaktar until they capitulated and went gong hu ( scored 2 when they were already 3-0 down). Was embarassing vs Leverkusen with his mighty first touch shenanigans - fluked a goal. He was the reason Inter were relegated to Europa league and he was also the reason why they haven't won it. If this deserves an award for the best player of the season the world's trully gone mad.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
In what way did he have a great tournament? Absolute tool int he final .Was practically invisible vs Shaktar until they capitulated and went gong hu ( scored 2 when they were already 3-0 down). Was embarassing vs Leverkusen with his mighty first touch shenanigans - fluked a goal. He was the reason Inter were relegated to Europa league and he was also the reason why they haven't won it. If this deserves an award for the best player of the season the world's trully gone mad.
He got 7 goals and two assists since inter entered it.
Stop the cap. Its clear you dont like him. Your post is nonsense

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He scored in every game didn't he? Awards aren't some technological test where they take off points for every bad touch. You don't like him, we get it.

he got the award because of the record of scoring in consecutive games, even though half of that from when he was at Everton 5 years ago.

Smores

Some of you are seriously obsessed with the guy. Every time i open the thread it's the same posters upset that he might be getting some praise.

Gonçalo Motta

I don't get how a player this bad can score the amount of goals he scored and actually be somewhat useful. But he is so fkn bad with the ball.

Maybe I am the problem and just cant see how he manages to do it.

sugar_kane

I find it strange that Rashford has interpreted Lukaku’s concession of the PSG penalty duty to him as Lukaku doing him a favour

There’s not much wrong with him passing on the duty if he genuinely doesn’t feel like he could convert it given the importance of the occasion (although you’d have to question if that is the mentality of a United number 9, particularly given he’s handing it over to a youngster who has never taken a penalty for us before) but to interpret it as an act of charity is maybe a bit naive on Rashford’s part.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I find it strange that Rashford has interpreted Lukaku’s concession of the PSG penalty duty to him as Lukaku doing him a favour

There’s not much wrong with him passing on the duty if he genuinely doesn’t feel like he could convert it given the importance of the occasion (although you’d have to question if that is the mentality of a United number 9, particularly given he’s handing it over to a youngster who has never taken a penalty for us before) but to interpret it as an act of charity is maybe a bit naive on Rashford’s part.
I feel that Rashford is way too nice. Lukaku always complain when he isn't served by his teammates, if he was confident enough to take that penalty he would have taken it and talked a big game after it. Now I don't blame Lukaku for not taking it, it was maybe the correct decision but as you said it's unlikely that he did for Rashford, I would say that it was for the team because he didn't felt like taking it.

clarkydaz

Yeah i dont think Rashford done him any favours here

Paul_Scholes18

How far do we think Inter will go in the CL? They got a hard group, but one they should manage.
Then we will see if Lukaku steps up in the playoff or not.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Lukkaku is a weird player. He has no unique skillset yet has fairly impressive goals pr game ratio.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Inter fan here and I disagree with this. After all he did give us the lead in the Europa League final through individual brilliance. Yoi could argue if the ref is good he sends off D. Carlos there and hence the own goal doesn't happen. I'm not Lukaku's biggest fan but I think some people have an agenda.

I'll use the example of Lewandowski (using the same criteria) who I believe won the best player in the CL. But he also didnt do much when it mattered.

He was irrelevant in the final. In the semi he missed a HUGE chance frol 2 meters out that Perisic served on a silver platter for him and only scored when the game was done (88th minute total for 3-0).

Similarly against Barca he missed easy chances and only scored once it became a blowout (similar to Lukaku against Shakhtar).

Keep in mind this isn't my opinion but when using certain criteria it can also make it seem that Lewabdowski only did well when it didnt matter as much and wasn't a match winner after the roindof 16.

ti vu

How far do we think Inter will go in the CL? They got a hard group, but one they should manage.
Then we will see if Lukaku steps up in the playoff or not.
Knocked out by the first decent side in the knock out round. Conte is not all that. Very one dimension with his tactic.

May even struggling to get out of the group if Mönchengladbach or Shakstar doing well.

Last edited:

GifLord

Inter fan here and I disagree with this. After all he did give us the lead in the Europa League final through individual brilliance. Yoi could argue if the ref is good he sends off D. Carlos there and hence the own goal doesn't happen. I'm not Lukaku's biggest fan but I think some people have an agenda.

I'll use the example of Lewandowski (using the same criteria) who I believe won the best player in the CL. But he also didnt do much when it mattered.

He was irrelevant in the final. In the semi he missed a HUGE chance frol 2 meters out that Perisic served on a silver platter for him and only scored when the game was done (88th minute total for 3-0).

Similarly against Barca he missed easy chances and only scored once it became a blowout (similar to Lukaku against Shakhtar).

Keep in mind this isn't my opinion but when using certain criteria it can also make it seem that Lewabdowski only did well when it didnt matter as much and wasn't a match winner after the roindof 16.
Why do people keep comparing top strikers to Lukaku? Lukaku has never in his life scored against a top team in knockout stage.
Also how many times has Lewa scored against top opposition? It's not to hard to guess is it?
Comparing Lewa to kaku fecking hell :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A sensitive soul

Oh dear. He can’t stop. Wasn’t that long ago some were telling others to stop hating on him because he said something nice about us. He’s been 99% condescending as feck since he left.

sugar_kane

Found it. Neville ripped him apart for his shocking fitness.

It's honestly like watching a celeb charity match, with some 45 year old dude over-exerting himself.

He can say whatever he wants, but he was completely unfit in his final season.

He doesn’t give it up does he!

hard workers aren’t knackered after 35 minutes. I’m knackered after 35 minutes, but then I’m not a professional athlete. His fitness was a joke.

I’d have more respect if he owned that “at Utd, I wasn’t fit enough, but since coming here, I’ve worked my hardest, and now I’m the hardest worker here”.

but he is always right, and has to blame anyone but him. #fraud

It's honestly like watching a celeb charity match, with some 45 year old dude over-exerting himself.

He can say whatever he wants, but he was completely unfit in his final season.
And I thought it was 35 minutes, not even 30 minutes in.

He’s got man tits in that game.

shocking.

I’ve not seen a professional that out of shape since Jan Molby.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Excellent today for Belgium. Bullied Dier. Which is something we completely failed to do last weekend. As G Nev said, he looks so much better playing for a team that keeps the ball on the deck.

He was never the hoofball target-man Mourinho wanted but it’s a pity that Ole didn’t find a way to get the most out of him. He was poor in his last season with us but he’s obviously a much better player than that.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Excellent today for Belgium. Bullied Dier. Which is something we completely failed to do last weekend. As G Nev said, he looks so much better playing for a team that keeps the ball on the deck.

He was never the hoofball target-man Mourinho wanted but it’s a pity that Ole didn’t find a way to get the most out of him. He was poor in his last season with us but he’s obviously a much better player than that.
I still think it's weird that even having worked with him at Chelsea and for a full season at United, Mourinho's gameplan was still based on a complete misreading of the type of player Lukaku is. There were games where we might as well have been using Juan Mata as a target man for all the joy we were getting from it, yet it never seemed to change.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

we still haven’t replaced him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I still think it's weird that even having worked with him at Chelsea and for a full season at United, Mourinho's gameplan was still based on a complete misreading of the type of player Lukaku is. There were games where we might as well have been using Juan Mata as a target man for all the joy we were getting from it, yet it never seemed to change.
Jose’s an odd fish, that’s for damn sure.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen

He's a beast, was a top quality performance despite the loss. But you know, some funny touches and him huffing from a sprint video's and that innit bantz redz.

Lee565

We have pushed so many talented players out of the club without yet fully realising that our managers have been the real issue with these failed signings.

If only woodward and the club had an ounce of sense that when they sacked Mourinho, conte was an absolute perfect fit for the team that we had at the time and that's been proven with his love for buying our supposed deadwood who have been flourishing in his system, we wouldn't even have had to go on yet another excruciating unorganised rebuild under ole.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He played very well but he's bang average and we replaced him easily with Greenwood, Martial and Rashford who are all superior players. It was the correct decision to move him on and fair play on going to a good next club at his level.

GifLord

It's because of stats like these that people think he's this amazing world class player. But then you watch a game and his flaws are so obvious not to mention he fecks up chances against decent sides on a regular basis - Inter should have won vs Napoli but this dingo missed the chance of the game - 5min later Napoli scored to make it 1-1