Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

starman

Not really. @Garethw had it spot on. This ain't about Lukaku only, it is about not replacing him.
Going into the season without a replacement is worse for us than to have kept him. If a replacement was brought and him sold, I wouldn't have had a problem.
Well obviously he should have been replaced, no ones ever disputed that, but not replacing him now is not a reason to have kept him
And anything hes does at Inter is irrelevant. He has a manager that sees him as their main man, hes happy and playing in a lesser league. I couldn't care less if he scores 30+ for Inter. It wont change my opinion of it being the correct thing to do selling him now, but then again he should have never been signed in the first place, that was where the mistake started...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well obviously he should have been replaced, no ones ever disputed that, but not replacing him now is not a reason to have kept him
And anything hes does at Inter is irrelevant. Hes has a manager that sees him as their main man, hes happy and playing in a lesser league. I couldn't care less if he scores 30+ for Inter. It wont change my opinion of it being the correct thing to do selling him now, but then again he should have never been signed in the first place, that was where the mistake started...
We'll never agree on this particular part, we'll see how our season ends before making any conclusions but so far, it ain't pretty

freeurmind

weak willed
Lukaku's miss today with that header was incredible. He does look alot leaner though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair to Lukaku bouncing footballs are his biggest weakness, the man is totally unable to read them which leads to bloopers.

Tostao_80

The hyperbole in this thread. People are so triggered, its hilarious to watch. No one on here has claimed he is the second coming of Batigol, or even one of the best strikers in the world. Why is he being judged by those standards? He is a very good player, with a history of being a very good goalscorer, far better than anyone at United at the moment.
Anyone that thinks that Martial or Rashford are better goalscorers are deluded. What is their history?

TheRedHearted

Against an incoming keeper closing in fast.

It wasnt the best outcome and decision, but hardly a bloooper
Exactly. It was on target and needed to be higher to beat the keeper but it wasn’t a slice or some terrible contact.
Ok I'm sorry despite having the entire goal to aim at, he headed straight at the goalkeeper.
Was still on target and the way angles work with an incoming keeper you don’t really have a whole goal to aim at.

This is no where near a terrible attempt

Untd55

The only thing that matters is his goals have been vital to securing 13 of Inter Milan's points in the league this season. Goals win games.

He has 9 goals in 10 in the league.

Dominos

Then why go for it ? A simple control and he can shoot it
The keeper came charging out as if he was to compete to win the ball, Lukaku thought as long as he gets there first it was a simple header over the keeper into an empty net. The keeper bailed at the last second and started retreating instead which effectively fooled the striker.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The keeper came charging out as if he was to compete to win the ball, Lukaku thought as long as he gets there first it was a simple header over the keeper into an empty net. The keeper bailed at the last second and started retreating instead which effectively fooled the striker.
Watch it again and try to picture the keeper not retreating, where would Lukaku's header end up ? Probably not far from him still

OverratedOpinion

We have been talking about Lukaku at United in the league. But even if you wanted to compare Vardy and Lukaku in the same competition Vardy scored 75 goals in the last 4 seasons against 71 for Lukaku.
YOU might have been talking about in the league.

In the last 4 seasons -

Vardy has scored 81 goals
Lukaku has scored 93 goals

In the past 2 seasons (Lukaku's time at Utd)

Vardy has scored 41 goals
Lukaku has scored 42 goals.

Both have started at nearly a goal a game this season (Vardy closer).

Even by your metric it is very close over 4 seasons which makes it weird that you found me wrong for saying they are similar levels of goalscorer.

This is my last post on this by the way. Lukaku IS a good goalscorer, if you have another opinion then you are entitled to it but neither of us or the other poster is going to change the others opinion. The numbers are there and we interpret them how we will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The hyperbole in this thread. People are so triggered, its hilarious to watch. No one on here has claimed he is the second coming of Batigol, or even one of the best strikers in the world. Why is he being judged by those standards? He is a very good player, with a history of being a very good goalscorer, far better than anyone at United at the moment.
Anyone that thinks that Martial or Rashford are better goalscorers are deluded. What is their history?
The fact that you always bring Rashford and Martial just to shit in them proves you are some deluded Lukaku fan boy. Also you talking about triggering is hilarious too.

dev1l

In the last 4 seasons -

This is my last post on this by the way. Lukaku IS a good goalscorer, if you have another opinion then you are entitled to it but neither of us or the other poster is going to change the others opinion. The numbers are there and we interpret them how we will.
Difference is that when not scoring, Vardy still contributes to the team, pressing the opposition defenders - thus helping his team regaining possession.
Lukaku spends this time lazing around.
From a personal level it won't change much for the those watching the match but Vardy s contribution is highly appreciated by mates and his manager

OverratedOpinion

Difference is that when not scoring, Vardy still contributes to the team, pressing the opposition defenders - thus helping his team regaining possession.
Lukaku spends this time lazing around.
From a personal level it won't change much for the those watching the match but Vardy s contribution is highly appreciated by mates and his manager
There are a number of differences because Vardy is clearly a much better player, what is your point?

Tostao_80

The fact that you always bring Rashford and Martial just to shit in them proves you are some deluded Lukaku fan boy. Also you talking about triggering is hilarious too.
I dont base my opinions on drivel and some kind of hate, like yourself. Lukaku has proved himself to be a very good goalscorer over his career. You dont have to be fanboy to acknowledge that. Martial and Rashford have been brought up as comparisons in many posts on here. Why are you so triggered?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

In the last 4 seasons -

Even by your metric it is very close over 4 seasons which makes it weird that you found me wrong for saying they are similar levels of goalscorer.

Not just me and you know it, you even complained about it in the previous page. And the reason why the league because it's the only competition where both players can virtually start the same amount of games against the same teams and it has the same importance for all teams. And again we were judging Lukaku at United, Roonster argued that his return in the league wasn't good enough at United, why you want to look at 4 years and competitions that both players didn't play is just weird.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
I dont base my opinions on drivel and some kind of hate, like yourself. Lukaku has proved himself to be a very good goalscorer over his career. You dont have to be fanboy to acknowledge that. Martial and Rashford have been brought up as comparisons in many posts on here. Why are you so triggered?
Why would I be triggered about average to good player who stank up the pitch for 2 years at ManUtd.

obviously you base your opinions on fecked up site which usually takes anyone less than a min to figure out what a pile of garbage it is.

Tostao_80

Why would I be triggered about average to good player who stank up the pitch for 2 years at ManUtd.

obviously you base your opinions on fecked up site which usually takes anyone less than a min to figure out what a pile of garbage it is.
Oh. Someones getting upset. Yes, you hate Lukaku we get it.

roonster09

Scout
Not just me and you know it, you even complained about it in the previous page. And the reason why the league because it's the only competition where both players can virtually start the same amount of goals and it has the same importance for all teams. And again we were judging Lukaku at United, Roonster argued that his return in the league wasn't good enough at United, why you want to look at 4 years and competitions that both players didn't play is just weird.
Exactly, from his time at United was changed to random 4 seasons.

roonster09

Scout
Oh. Someones getting upset. Yes, you hate Lukaku we get it.
And for some odd reason you hate Rashford and Martial which is just pathetic.

I don’t hate Lukaku, I just don’t rate him as highly as his worshippers. I have watched him enough to base my judgement.

So pointing out you used garbage site to base your opinion is getting upset? fecking hell, you agreed just few days back that site was wrong and you used it to shit on Martial and Rashford.

Tostao_80

And for some odd reason you hate Rashford and Martial which is just pathetic.

I don’t hate Lukaku, I just don’t rate him as highly as his worshippers. I have watched him enough to base my judgement.
You are deluded. All his worshippers have said is that he is a very good goalscorer. His scoring record is proof of that. Not that hes world class, not that hes a great player, not that hes one of the world's best. Just that the man is simply a very good goalscorer. Martial and Rashford, more talented and rounded they may be aren't better goalscorers. What is the reason behind your vitriol towards Lukaku?

Last edited by a moderator:

roonster09

Scout
You are deluded. All his worshippers have said is that he is a very good goalscorer. His scoring record is proof of that. Not that hes world class, not that hes a great player, not that hes one of the world's best. Just that the man is simply a very good goalscorer. Martial and Rashford, more talented and rounded they may be aren't better goalscorers. What is the reason behind your vitriol towards Lukaku? Did he sleep with your wife?
Vitriol towards Lukaku? Because I said his goal scoring record is not good for a limited player?

Bulldog United

I think he saw the keeper rushing out and thought I’ll head this over him just before we meet. Suddenly the keeper stops and backtracks, and Lukaku is caught between going through with the header or quickly doing something else. The result - a tame header straight to the goalkeeper.

Obiorahking_

Imagine looking for ways to hate on a man that has been great for the best team in Italy right now. Give it a rest.

OverratedOpinion

Exactly, from his time at United was changed to random 4 seasons.
4 random seasons? The last 4 seasons. I mentioned those once Vardy got brought into it since that is essentially when Vardy started scoring goals at the top level.

One thing I think you also miss is that Man Utd has not been a very easy place for strikers to score goals over the last 6 or 7 years. He did better than anyone in that time.