Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Mal donaghy

He is probably a top 5-10 central forward in the world based on his form for Inter and Belgium.
We do badly miss him even if it didn't work for him here.
People calling him crap has no clue about football or just want to overreact for the sake of it.
No clue about football?? Do you watch lukacku play in a united shirt live??? And the spelling mistake in his name, was intentional!!!

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
He is probably a top 5-10 central forward in the world based on his form for Inter and Belgium.
We do badly miss him even if it didn't work for him here.
People calling him crap has no clue about football or just want to overreact for the sake of it.
top 5-10 central forward ? i can count 10 forwards better than him in italian serie a

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
top 5-10 central forward ? i can count 10 forwards better than him in italian serie a
I wonder where the people making that "5-10" claim would rank Immobile. Lukaku isn't the best central forward in his team that's quite obviously Lautaro Martinez, would anyone put both in a top 10?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I wonder where the people making that "5-10" claim would rank Immobile. Lukaku isn't the best central forward in his team that's quite obviously Lautaro Martinez, would anyone put both in a top 10?
Lewandowski
Immobile
Vardy
Werner
Benzema
Kane
Martinez
Suarez
Aguero
Auba

Excluding players like Jimenez, Firmino, Ronaldo, Icardi and I'm not sure whether Mbappe is playing as striker.

JPRouve

Scout
Lewandowski
Immobile
Vardy
Werner
Benzema
Kane
Martinez
Suarez
Aguero
Auba

Excluding players like Jimenez, Firmino, Ronaldo, Icardi and I'm not sure whether Mbappe is playing as striker.
You can add Griezmann, Alcacer and Mbappé does play as a striker sometimes and he is better than Lukaku and most players. But why would you exclude these players? Lukaku is with he likes of Dzeko and Ben yedder at the bottom of a top 20. Which for me is pretty good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can’t believe he gave that speech about standing up and saying he’s a “real man”... then hasn’t stopped bitching since.

roonster09

Scout
You can add Griezmann, Alcacer and Mbappé does play as a striker sometimes and he is better than Lukaku and most players. But why would you exclude these players? Lukaku is with he likes of Dzeko and Ben yedder at the bottom of a top 20. Which for me is pretty good.
Reached 10 players ;)

roonster09

Scout
I didn't realize that you simply answered my rhetorical question. :lol:

Lukaku isn't even close to a top 10 let alone top 5.
Yeah, I agree with your point. Was adding supporting post with few players names.

I think with bit more effort we can easily add 5 more players to my list.

JPRouve

Scout
Put prime Jermaine Defoe in Lukaku's place, for Inter or Belgium, and he'd look better.
But Defoe was a good goalscorer, I don't if you used him negatively or positively but for me Lukaku being around Defoe's level means that he is a good a player and will have had a productive career when he retires. The only issue with Lukaku is that he isn't good enough for a top team or team with the ambition of being a top team, the same way Defoe or Mario Gomez weren't good enough which doesn't equate to being terrible players.

marko goalo

One of the thickest players i have seen at Utd. Zero fighting mentality. Started throwing his toys out when the going got tough. He thinks he is a top forward because he scored some goals against San Marino.

I do wonder what his teammates must think of him, talks too much, cost his team big time in big games (us vs city, Juve and Barca this season) and acts like an annoying sycophant of the manager.
I dont suppose any of the players who've had the 'pleasure' of playing with him are likely to articulate it sometime in the future, shame as i'd love to read a keano type of autobiography on what they really think of him as a footballer

marko goalo

What do Inter Milan fans think of Lukaku now, after half of the season?
Read an inter milan forum and find out....I have done and would say at least 70% of the posts think he's trash and they were robbed. The other 30% think he's quality. A bit like on here really

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I dont suppose any of the players who've had the 'pleasure' of playing with him are likely to articulate it sometime in the future, shame as i'd love to read a keano type of autobiography on what they really think of him as a footballer
I would love to read Luke Shaw's autobiography for the bantz

wesley sneijder

Supports
FC Internazionale
onestly i would not rate Lautaro Martinez either in the top 10

Top 15 for me is

Lewandowski
Suarez
Mbappè ( Mbappè plays better in a 4 4 2 or 4 2 4 if you ask me )
Vardy
Icardi
Werner
Cavani
Benzema
Kane
Aguero
Auba
Griezzman
Ben Yedder
Alcacer
Higuain

In Serie A

Immobile
Ronaldo
Higuain
Dybala ( YES Dybala is a striker )
Correa
Dzeko
Mertens
Milik
Duvan Zapata
Luis Muriel

Those are far better than lukaku

As for Martinez , people and press like it , he is still very young but , according to me , far from the idea of being a great striker. He is able to do a great pressing and steal the ball but he lacks vision and is too istinctive for me

Him and Lukaku feck up most of our counter attacks, they are just not able to pass the ball when the space is tight

Last edited:

Paul_Scholes18

Lewandowski
Immobile
Vardy
Werner
Benzema
Kane
Martinez
Suarez
Aguero
Auba

Most of those are not better in my opinion. Although vardy and Immobile have amazing seasons so they have better form. I do not fully count mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo since they play more on the wings. Although you could count Ronaldo.

roonster09

Scout
Most of those are not better in my opinion. Although vardy and Immobile have amazing seasons so they have better form. I do not fully count mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo since they play more on the wings. Although you could count Ronaldo.
Everyone is better and i missed few.

roonster09

Scout
I think people are blinded by what Lukaku did last season. Overall Lukaku is better than half of those.
I think people don't even watch him and just go by numbers.

If we exclude form then we can add 5-10 more to the list

JPRouve

Scout
I think people are blinded by what Lukaku did last season. Overall Lukaku is better than half of those.
Lukaku isn't even close to be as good as half of those, you would have to be absolutely blinkered to think otherwise. The only arguable player is Lautaro Martinez who is currently outperforming him while being in the same team and he himself isn't close to most players mentioned by @roonster09.

As for Vardy, his yearly league outputs are higher than Lukaku's, his best league season is better than Lukaku's and he actually scores against good teams.

Paul_Scholes18

Lukaku isn't even close to be as good as half of those, you would have to be absolutely blinkered to think otherwise. The only arguable player is Lautaro Martinez who is currently outperforming him while being in the same team and he himself isn't close to most players mentioned by @roonster09.

As for Vardy, his yearly league outputs are higher than Lukaku's, his best league season is better than Lukaku's and he actually scores against good teams.
That is your opinion. Lukaku has done well for the national team too. Right now Vardy has better form though. Different strikers suit different teams and systems too so it is hard to say who is the best.

Right next now I say Lewandowski is a clear number 1. After him it is more open. I would probably hold Kane and Benzema after him, but Lukaku is not far behind them as an overall player.

JPRouve

Scout
That is your opinion. Lukaku has done well for the national team too. Right now Vardy has better form though. Different strikers suit different teams and systems too so it is hard to say who is the best.

Right next now I say Lewandowski is a clear number 1. After him it is more open. I would probably hold Kane and Benzema after him, but Lukaku is not far behind them as an overall player.
That's shocking.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Take a closer look at the teams he's scored against
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Romelu_Lukaku

JPRouve

Scout
Fair enough praising Lukaku's scoring stats, but to praise him as an overall player is baffling, he's so limited.
I'm speechless, how is that even possible?

JPRouve

Scout
His passing and crosses are really good and he can link well with other players. Very poor first touch at times though.
Yeah, you haven't watched Lukaku play. His passing is pretty bad but he can cross a ball, like most players, and from the list made by Roonster he is one of the worst in these two categories anyway.

own goal here mate.

Lukuku not far behind Kane and Benzema - bloody light years.

InfiniteBoredom

I can sympathize with the notion that Lukaku’s crossing is good (which in actuality is flimsy, since he only ever did it from the right, occasionally), as he did whipped in a few decent ones here, but watching him play for two years here and still say he has good passing is some sort of mind feck.

Just that people forget all the misses they do and only remember Lukakus.
Kane has been very much up and down recently. Benzema is not a monster given the service he got.
you seriously mentioning Kane and Lukuku in the same breath? Kane, even if not scoring or playing well contributes. He’s a leader. Lukuku goes months without contributing anything.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Benzema can be regarded by some as one of the most important attackers for Real Madrid ever & some are putting Lukaku on his level - like seriously?

steffyr2

I just realized that I don't know what Lukaku did to be sold. Same question with Fellaini (sp?)and Smalling . Certainly they were good players that we could have used this year.

JPRouve

Scout
I just realized that I don't know what Lukaku did to be sold. Same question with Fellaini (sp?)and Smalling . Certainly they were good players that we could have used this year.
He asked.