Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because hes not getting closed down anywhere near as hard. He has time for the ball to bounce up and down a bit before he gets tackled now
Mostly it's because he generally has at least one player close to play off of quickly. When isolated his hold up is the same as it was in england

Jibbs

whatever he does there won't change the fact that he will remain a donkey. Good riddance.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

DBT85

Sums the club up how exactly? Inter spent weeks trying to low ball us, there were other teams interested and we actually got a good fee for him.
So please explain how it sums the club up? Would you rather the sold him for 10 million less and just caved into demands? Or not sold him at any price?
I'd have rather sold him for 10 less if it meant Woodward and judge would have been able to focus on another transfer to replace him. Because it seems they can't do more than one at once.

Now we are reaping the benefits.

Mostly it's because he generally has at least one player close to play off of quickly. When isolated his hold up is the same as it was in england
He had that here more often than not. It didnt stop the ball cannoning off him though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sums the club up how exactly? Inter spent weeks trying to low ball us, there were other teams interested and we actually got a good fee for him.
So please explain how it sums the club up? Would you rather the sold him for 10 million less and just caved into demands? Or not sold him at any price?
I was for selling him for less and exploit the early days of the transfer market.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If there’s any confirmation that pundits know feck all, here’s a beauty.

Ray Parlour on Talksport:
Brazil: Utd are looking to bring Sanchez back.
Parlour: why don’t they bring Lukaku back. He’d be better.
Brazil: he’s signed.
Parlour: that’s a shame!

lurkingfan

He gone, the money is spent, he's doing well for Inter. /thread.

Next person to bump this will curse the Bruno transfer ;).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is always easy when it’s not your 10 million we’re talking about.
Not really, the idea was to sign a cheaper option early and have a competitve team with better chance of gaining prize money at the end of the season. Not simply forfeit 10m.

Red_toad

Not really, the idea was to sign a cheaper option early and have a competitve team with better chance of gaining prize money at the end of the season. Not simply forfeit 10m.
Got to keep that net spend down, so we can invest in the next window

white text

Bondi77

He is a #9 and his job is to score goals and he is doing well at Inter.
I am just glad I do not have to watch him play.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Yes lets overrate him and completely ignore the shit he's done here in the past 2 years. If only we had Conte as our manager? Right?
:lol: Some of you really need a reality check

Still glad we got rid.
same.

the guy has a complete attitude problem. Don't want him at our club.

couldn't score against any half decent team in two years. 1 goal on 23 appearances against the top 6 teams in the PL.

The rest of the Utd squad have more energy now as Lukuku is no longer there to steal their food at meal times.

unfit, lazy, pathetic attitude, abysmal first touch, unfocused, will never be remembered.

Lukuwho?

Canadianred17

same.

the guy has a complete attitude problem. Don't want him at our club.

couldn't score against any half decent team in two years. 1 goal on 23 appearances against the top 6 teams in the PL.

The rest of the Utd squad have more energy now as Lukuku is no longer there to steal their food at meal times.

unfit, lazy, pathetic attitude, abysmal first touch, unfocused, will never be remembered.

Lukuwho?
That's right and our current clinical strikers/wingers are firing us into the top 4!

MiracleInMadrid

Watched the match yesterday. He's still the same player. Heavy touches and clumsy. Difference is, that he know plays in a team with much more players around him who know how to use him. Secondly, he plays in a league with more open spaces for him and more time on the ball.

Yes, he will score a ton of goals in Italy, but it was the right call to let him go.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
A good striker in the right team. Needs proper wingers delivering crosses though or he will not show his best. Poor first touch but will get a sackful of goals.
We did the right thing selling though. Didnt fit our team or the way Ole wanted to play.
Didnt like the way he pushed his way out but then he was dumped big time when Ole came in. He was going to be a permanent bench warmer.
Wish him well with no regrets on selling really.

el3mel

Shhhh, he's a 'walking attitude' problem, that's the narrative - don't rock the boat!
Feel like some hate the idea he's doing well away from us. They' were probably predicting him to fail miserably there so they can enjoy slaughtering him.

I myself didn't like him much during last season and criticized him a lot but the hate in this thread after he had already left is just weird and out of place for me.

Paul_Scholes18

We badly miss him. I do not have an idea what people here expect or wants.
Is Ighalo our saviour now. Do people expect him to score more or what?

If we could get Kane/ Lewandowski or even Haaland it would make sense to sell Lukaku, but we got Ighalo.
Yeah we got some cash back, but we are not spending enough anyway. I guess the fans are happier now with the Glaziers spending so little
and reducing the squad size.

Handré1990

You guys seriously think we miss him? Did you even watch us last season? Did you catch his comments about wanting out after his second game? I mean, he’s obviously not as shit as he was for us last year, but that coupled with the fact he couldn’t handle the pressure here is a good indication he wouldn’t have done the same here.

Also, take a look at some of the vids @GifLord has posted, he’s still a bad footballer, just happens to be a good goalscorer. We can’t afford passangers like that in our team, as Martial is starting to show (very good footballer, not as good a goalscorer). We should try for a striker who is both, not this gigantic crybaby.

Irwin99

Because he does not want to play for Manchester United.
Nor does Pogba but we kept him.

I don't miss Lukaku at all. He was always a very good goalscorer though and you knew he'd do well at Inter. It was the right move to move him on but the wrong move not to identify a replacement or a reserve striker (because that would just block Mason's path to the first team said Ole :houllier: )

spiriticon

Nor does Pogba but we kept him.

I don't miss Lukaku at all. He was always a very good goalscorer though and you knew he'd do well at Inter. It was the right move to move him on but the wrong move not to identify a replacement or a reserve striker (because that would just block Mason's path to the first team said Ole :houllier: )
Yeah Pogba's still here because nobody wants to pay the right price for him. Had we got a >£100 million offer last summer he would have been gone I'm sure. That will probably still be the case this summer.

Lukaku is Lukaku. He will always score plenty goals against the cannon fodder of the league (he did that perfectly well for us), but isn't the man to give you that extra edge against the best teams in Europe.