Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Inter fans realising he is just an average striker, certainly worse than Icardi, but hey, there is Conte at the helm.

Kemizee

Meanwhile Rashford couldn't score against Astana but hey he is hungry and local
Are you comparing precious Rashy to Lukaku? How dare you? One is a proven goalscorer while the other is young, hungry, a local lad from the Academy, gets involved in the build up and 'gets the club'. Those are the attributes needed at the top level to win trophies. Who cares about goals? Manchester 'Work hard and be hungry' FC is the new mantra. Don't be left out!

Kemizee

On the day a PL team conceded 8 goals while displaying all type of horrendous defending ? Lukaku scored plenty of easier goals than that in England. The defending in the PL isn't that special
Good one. Dunno why people make the EPL look like a league where all the players are perfect. There are good and terrible players in every league

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
On the day a PL team conceded 8 goals while displaying all type of horrendous defending ? Lukaku scored plenty of easier goals than that in England. The defending in the PL isn't that special
You couldnt make it up. He even scored easy headers whilst at Everton

Kemizee

Sure he's going to score once in a while - big deal.
Limited player and annoying media presence on top of that. Getting rid of him will always remain the correct decision.
Was it really? I mean considering there have been no replacements except saddling goalscoring responsibilities on inconsistent players like Rashford and Martial. The decision would have been correct if we reinvested the funds received from Inter on a striker better than Lukaku but we don't have that atm so I can't call it a correct decision.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Worse than Icardi? Based on what?
Icardi’s touch and efficiency in the box are far superior to Lukaku’s, who on the other hand seems more apt to share the ball with the team and to theatricals with the fans.

Enigma_87

You know who
And he's literally missed easier chances. Your evidence is based on what you think would happen under these circumstances, like mine. Just accept it whether you agree or not you loon.
Missing a header doesn't equate that he won't score one in similar situation in PL. He will still miss headers in Italy, and still he will score some.

The evidence many provided was that he scored plenty of free headers in PL and that point is true.

I think you are overrating the PL defending and despite his shortcomings Lukaku has been a top 10 goalscorer in PL for many years in a row, managing 25 in a single season.
Look at this defending for example in. A gifted goal, a goal where he received the ball in acres of space with an easy volley to cap it off and a free alley to open the score.

He is a fine goalscorer - not one of the best but he will definitely score goals, regardless of whether he plays in PL or Serie A.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Are you comparing precious Rashy to Lukaku? How dare you? One is a proven goalscorer while the other is young, hungry, a local lad from the Academy, gets involved in the build up and 'gets the club'. Those are the attributes needed at the top level to win trophies. Who cares about goals? Manchester 'Work hard and be hungry' FC is the new mantra. Don't be left out!

Why on earth would you come into this thread and start insult rashford? Is that the type of fan you want to be known as? Someone who insults the lads at the club who give their all whenever you have the chance? Even if the subject is just slightly related?

Imagine how mental that is. That you just spew anger towards our own players in random threads. Would you want to read threads where everyone does that? Obviously not. So don’t do it. IF you simply must insult Rashford (the guy who got our winner in the last premier league game) wait till the game thread is in progress or go debate in his performance thread. (I rather you didn’t if you’re just going to make simple benign posts like this one) but please stop spreading nonsense like this everywhere.

sugar_kane

Really bored of posts like this one... don’t know where some of you find the energy to keep up this constant churn of cynical misery in near enough every thread.

You can normally tell who the miserable sods are on this forum by the employment of “Rashy” in their posts, for some reason that nickname is like a red rag to a bull for them.

How dare a twenty one year old sportsman have a nickname based on his surname, who does he think he is???

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Good one. Dunno why people make the EPL look like a league where all the players are perfect. There are good and terrible players in every league
It is obvious. The hidden point is that if Rom is scoring at Inter, it must mean that the Calcio is shit and therefore Rom is also shit.
The PL is better than the Italian league no doubt but on some sequences, some instances, there are no differences whatsoever. An easy header is the same everywhere

red4ever 79

Inter fans realising he is just an average striker, certainly worse than Icardi, but hey, there is Conte at the helm.
He will score 20 goals this season in the league for Inter. At the end of the day he is limited technically but you cant take away his goal scoring record

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Icardi’s touch and efficiency in the box are far superior to Lukaku’s, who on the other hand seems more apt to share the ball with the team and to theatricals with the fans.
Icardi's touch is as bad as lukaku's. The numbers point to him being a better goalscorer, and i think he's much better in the box, but outside of it he's nowhere as good as lukaku(that's more an indictment of icardi than praise for lukaku tbf). I'd give lukaku a full season in italy before pronouncing him worse than Icardi...

I mean icardi really is stupidly overrated in italy

Kemizee

Why on earth would you come into this thread and start insult rashford? Is that the type of fan you want to be known as? Someone who insults the lads at the club who give their all whenever you have the chance? Even if the subject is just slightly related?

Imagine how mental that is. That you just spew anger towards our own players in random threads. Would you want to read threads where everyone does that? Obviously not. So don’t do it. IF you simply must insult Rashford (the guy who got our winner in the last premier league game) wait till the game thread is in progress or go debate in his performance thread. (I rather you didn’t if you’re just going to make simple benign posts like this one) but please stop spreading nonsense like this everywhere.
Each to their opinion and what I posted was simply my own way of stating that Lukaku whom we let go without a replacement is better than Rashford. Never an insult or whatever you deem it to Rashford. I don't have anything against him but Lukaku is better.

Kemizee

Really bored of posts like this one... don’t know where some of you find the energy to keep up this constant churn of cynical misery in near enough every thread.

You can normally tell who the miserable sods are on this forum by the employment of “Rashy” in their posts, for some reason that nickname is like a red rag to a bull for them.

How dare a twenty one year old sportsman have a nickname based on his surname, who does he think he is???
Miserable you say? If you can't see the funny sarcasm in what I said, I wonder... Rashy is entitled to his nickname which is actually cool btw but Lukaku is better. That was my whole point.

Bole Top

as far as I'm concerned, he didn't fail at United. he had one good season and one average one. those wanting him to fail and who are now mocking defending in Italy are weird. I'd get it if we were talking about Lingard or Sanchez, but Lukaku is one of those rare players that actually showed something for us in last 2 years. you can bet he'll score about 15-20 goals in Italy, simply because he's good striker. certainly not world class, certainly not without flaws in his game, but simply a very good striker on on his day and with decent service.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This thread reminds me of the post breakup stage when you're obsessed with your ex for a while and they're always at the back of your mind but you're looking for reasons to put them down even though you know their goalscoring prowess is fantastic and the truth is that it just didn't work out because humans are inherently complicated creatures.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we need a rebound, which is ironically often what Lukaku needs too.

lsd

The Oracle
Why on earth would you come into this thread and start insult rashford? Is that the type of fan you want to be known as? Someone who insults

the lads at the club who give their all whenever you have the chance? Even if the subject is just slightly related?

Lukaku is better

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This thread reminds me of the post breakup stage when you're obsessed with your ex for a while and they're always at the back of your mind but you're looking for reasons to put them down even though you know their goalscoring prowess is fantastic and the truth is that it just didn't work out because humans are inherently complicated creatures.
:lol:
RAWK said:
Astrophysics:
It's like when your ex-girlfriend does something...in, um, space.
RAWK said:
Brexit:
It's like when your ex-girlfriend dumps you...in, um, Brussels.
RAWK said:
The Sfumato technique in the art of Leonardo da Vinci:
It's like when your ex-girlfriend...paints...stuff.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's a good goal scorer but not a great footballer. I don't understand though how hard it can be to develop a better first touch. I honestly think I had better first touch than him when I played sunday league football.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Last seasons premier league goals
Lukaku: 12
Rashford: 10
Hardly worlds apart.
Whilst we're comparing, let's compare trophies.
Lukaku: x1 Belgian pro league
Rashford: x1 FA Cup, x1 League cup, x1 Europa League, x1 Community Shield

Kemizee

Last seasons premier league goals
Lukaku: 12
Rashford: 10
Hardly worlds apart.
Whilst we're comparing, let's compare trophies.
Lukaku: x1 Belgian pro league
Rashford: x1 FA Cup, x1 League cup, x1 Europa League, x1 Community Shield
But why are you ignoring Lukaku's overall EPL record? fair enough though, I get the point you are trying to to register; that Rashford is coming up in leaps and bounds and can make the effect of Lukaku's contributions not really missed.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But why are you ignoring Lukaku's overall EPL record? fair enough though, I get the point you are trying to to register; that Rashford is coming up in leaps and bounds and can make the effect of Lukaku's contributions not really missed.
I'm ignoring his overall record because we won't miss the goals Lukaku scored for Everton.
Lukakus contributions won't be a big loss because he struggled at United unfortunately.
I don't know if Rashford will ever be a reliable goalscorer, but Lukaku really wasn't right for us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
complicated creatures.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we need a rebound, which is ironically often what Lukaku needs too.
What Lukaku needs is a rebound dampener actually. To wrap around his body

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a good goal scorer but not a great footballer. I don't understand though how hard it can be to develop a better first touch. I honestly think I had better first touch than him when I played sunday league football.
He's very tall, with big feet, and evidently has poor sensitivity in them

That's why guys Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc are generally the best technical players around and why guys like Zlatan and Pogba make people marvel, guys with that body type should not have that kind of touch. It's a natural gift, you're limited by that

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's very tall, with big feet, and evidently has poor sensitivity in them

That's why guys Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc are generally the best technical players around and why guys like Zlatan and Pogba make people marvel, guys with that body type should not have that kind of touch. It's a natural gift, you're limited by that
I know that the pace at top football is way more intense than on any other level. But a good touch is something you can be taught. Dribbling is something that is almost impossible to learn if you're not a natural.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I know that the pace at top football is way more intense than on any other level. But a good touch is something you can be taught.
Not if you lack sensitivity in your feet. This is the same as pace, reactions, coordination, etc. You're limited by what nature gave you, no matter how much you work on it

freeurmind

weak willed
Mixed bag from Lukaku. Had some nice touches and was involved in most good things Inter did but also the characteristic pointing, some awful runs made and there were 2 diabolical first touches.

Suedesi

Conte concluded by confirmed that Romelu Lukaku will be an absentee due to a muscle problem.

“Lukaku is not here with us, he had a slight muscular issue in his quadricep that he has been carrying for 10 days. He was continuing to feel the problem and the tests were negative, but we preferred in any case not to take any chances with him.

“We have to rely on how the player feels in these cases. It’s not a tear, so we are fairly relaxed and will focus on that only after tomorrow’s game with Barcelona.”