Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He must be pointing to his next club.

Ahh yes, the pointing that transcends countries. Glad to see it's still around.

So Lukaku has been crap at Inter, to no one's surprise. No idea why so many were claiming he was going to be some kind of roaring success at Inter :lol:
I think we all knew hed score against the majority of the cannon fodder in Serie A and fall apart when he faced anyone half decent.

Robbie Boy

No idea why so many were claiming he was going to be some kind of roaring success at Inter :lol:
Because there’s some absolute mentalists on here. Pitty Haram is gone, he was obsessed with Lukaku and thought of him as a Messi / Ronaldo hybrid. Bless him.

DoomSlayer

Because there’s some absolute mentalists on here. Pitty Haram is gone, he was obsessed with Lukaku and thought of him as a Messi / Ronaldo hybrid. Bless him.
Gone as in banned? Or did he decide to leave and support his favourite player's new team - Inter?

Robbie Boy

Gone as in banned? Or did he decide to leave and support his favourite player's new team - Inter?
Banned I think. He was always good for a laugh tbh. I imagine he’s holding out to see who José joins so he will be able to support a team again. In the meantime he’s probably a staunch Inter fan spamming their forums about how awesome Lukaku is.

Tostao_80

I think we all knew hed score against the majority of the cannon fodder in Serie A and fall apart when he faced anyone half decent.
Youre making this assertion after the guy has started just 6 league games, scoring 3 league goals, in a new team, in a new league. There's no sense there.
Give the fuy at least half a season before the "we were right" proclamations come in.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Does anyone know if that English speaking ‘Forza Inter’ forum is an accurate representation of what Inter fans really think of Lukaku?

If so, the majority of people on there haven’t really taken to him.

Why?

Well, it’s pretty similar to what people were complaining about on here - first touch, hold up play, lack of movement, and his pointing! :lol:

Saying that, if I knew we were not going to get a proper replacement for him, I would have kept him.

Greck

That comment about trying to be a player coach was too true. Absolutely hated how he had the gall to chew out his teammates for their errors and even his. He just got there and he's already trying to tell them what to do. This guy isn't going to be very popular with his teammates.

That comment about trying to be a player coach was too true. Absolutely hated how he had the gall to chew out his teammates for their errors and even his. He just got there and he's already trying to tell them what to do. This guy isn't going to be very popular with his teammates.
Or fans. He’s got no self awareness.

Very dislikable person. Which is a shame, as everyone would have said the opposite 3 or 4 years ago. He’s someone who has let going to a big club go to his head, and now thinks he’s made it. Again the opposite is true, he’s a poor player with a shit attitude who likes to many chips.

Ban

Does anyone know if that English speaking ‘Forza Inter’ forum is an accurate representation of what Inter fans really think of Lukaku?

Why?

Well, it’s pretty similar to what people were complaining about on here - first touch, hold up play, lack of movement, and his pointing! :lol:

Saying that, if I knew we were not going to get a proper replacement for him, I would have kept him.
We need someone to check Italian forums, @devilish.

Ban

Or fans. He’s got no self awareness.

Very dislikable person. Which is a shame, as everyone would have said the opposite 3 or 4 years ago. He’s someone who has let going to a big club go to his head, and now thinks he’s made it. Again the opposite is true, he’s a poor player with a shit attitude who likes to many chips.
He got in a big row with Brozović cause he was giving lectures to other players how to play and to listen to the coach. Brozke was having none of that.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If United were run like a proper club we would be sat here laughing at Lukaku’s apparent initial struggles at Inter. Make no mistake, he is a cart horse who belongs nowhere near a top side. But as it happens we are sat here with even more rubbish options, secretly wishing we still have a striker who struggles to break the 15 goal mark in the league.

InfiniteBoredom

This will age well.
He does already have an excellent career, good scoring record at one of the top league in the world, a wc semi and likely to finish as his national side’s top scorer (if he isn’t already). He just won’t ever be a great of the game, or one of the leading players of his generation, which in his inflated opinion of himself he probably already is.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We need someone to check Italian forums, @devilish.
I haven't watched the game but an Inter friend of mine was quite pissed off with his game against Juve. Meanwhile the ratings at various sites gave him between 4.5 and 5.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If United were run like a proper club we would be sat here laughing at Lukaku’s apparent initial struggles at Inter. Make no mistake, he is a cart horse who belongs nowhere near a top side. But as it happens we are sat here with even more rubbish options, secretly wishing we still have a striker who struggles to break the 15 goal mark in the league.
This

Revaulx

He still looks massive.

I have berated both Jose and Ole for their failure to get him on a diet, but if even Conte can’t do it maybe it’s just too difficult to get him to cooperate. In which case we were absolutely right to move him on.

InfiniteBoredom

I haven't watched the game but an Inter friend of mine was quite pissed off with his game against Juve. Meanwhile the ratings at various sites gave him between 4.5 and 5.
Which isn’t terrible, no? I’ve read somewhere that Italian newspapers are very tough with their grading and a good performance is usually a 7.

devilish

Which isn’t terrible, no? I’ve read somewhere that Italian newspapers are very tough with their grading and a good performance is usually a 7.
yes, Italian media tend to be quite cynical especially if you see them from the typical Sentimental United top red perspective. They also don't buy this 'hardworking' BS thing very well. Gattuso had to win multiple league titles and a WC before AC Milan fans accepted him as a suitable heir to the likes of Ancelotti, Rijkaard and co.

Banned I think. He was always good for a laugh tbh. I imagine he’s holding out to see who José joins so he will be able to support a team again. In the meantime he’s probably a staunch Inter fan spamming their forums about how awesome Lukaku is.
Oh really? I wonder what happened.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
5 is bad, 4.5 is terrible

It's also only the second poor game he's had for inter so far, on the whole he's not had a bad start, but the juve game is huge and pretty much takes precedence over the rest.

As to inter fans, they're starting to turn. All the stuff that drove you guys mad(the poor touch, the pointing, etc) is starting to get to them too. Many still trust Conte though

devilish

He will smash San Marino and people will be back with "he scores when chances are created" completely ignoring the level of opponents.
Well that's an upgrade over Rashy Welbeck who seem struggling to score against anybody really.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Why?

I don't know if it's accurate but you will see the same things on french and italian forums.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So glad he's gone, regardless of goals being an issue. His attitude stinks and you can't rebuild with players like that around. It must stem from pure winging it as a footballer these days and not understanding why he's not very good.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I do find it weird that two world class managers in Conte and Mourinho are both so smitten with him as a player. What do they see that everyone else do not?

starman

I am sure Henry's World & Euro winners medals will provide him with comfort in dealing with the pain & humiliation...

I bet Lukaku passes out just from watching all the running Henry did during the 2000 Euro final

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The pointing is funny, allright. Usually you see strikers make runs then get pissed off when they don't get the ball. Instead he stands still and points to where he wanted the ball, to a run he never made
..and if someone passes to him where he wants, he fails to reach or control it and then gives thumbs up to that player. Pointing and thumbs up, key aspects of his game.

Why wouldnt he? Lukaku crushes him in that regard?
Henry was never a star with France, it's not as laughable as it looks
It so laughable - and just after Lukuku scores twice....

Against San Marino!

Did this go out with Lukuku’s blessing? If it did, it makes it so much worse, and just shows how deluded he is.

cyberman

It so laughable - and just after Lukuku scores twice....

Against San Marino!

Did this go out with Lukuku’s blessing? If it did, it makes it so much worse, and just shows how deluded he is.
International football is stronger now than it was back then.
Did Henry only play in world cup finals every international break? Henry would have faced the same amount of average sides as Rom has.
Some strikers just take to international football better than others. He compliments KDB well (apparently)while Henry was getting criticised every international break for not performing as he did with Arsenal and not merging well with Zidane.

Mark Pawelek

You see theres two sides in every story mate and blindly following your heart will catch you one day, Lukaku was obviously frustrated the deal was way too dragged out but they got it done.
He probably leaked team plans to the press before matches. Probably leaked other information to the press too - such as player speed. He did it because he wanted to engineer a move away as he demands to start matches. He can't score against top teams. He's a flat-track bully. He had to go. He was Mourinho's man - his BTEC Drogba. Both are gone now. Time to move on to something better.

Last edited:

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Did Henry only play in world cup finals every international break?
Henry would have faced the same amount of average sides as Rom has.
Some strikers just take to international football better than others. He compliments KDB well (apparently)while Henry was getting criticised every international break for not performing as he did with Arsenal and not merging well with Zidane.
He has scored a competitive goal in international football against Croatia. The other top nations he has scored against are Holland and Portugal in friendly games.

The rest of his 48 goals or so come against cannon fodder. His international record mirrors his domestic record, he's a flat track bully of a player who rarely makes a difference against a top team.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Did Henry only play in world cup finals every international break? Henry would have faced the same amount of average sides as Rom has.
You shitting me? Teams like Greece, Costa Rica, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Sweden.. all used to have stronger teams in the past like way stronger compared to now. Even the mighty Czech Republic that beat England yesterday used to have such a strong team 10+ years ago.

InfiniteBoredom

You shitting me? Teams like Greece, Costa Rica, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Sweden.. all used to have stronger teams in the past like way stronger compared to now. Even the mighty Czech Republic that beat England yesterday used to have such a strong team 10+ years ago.
Jan Koller + Pavel Nedved Euro 04 :drool: