Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks like a player reborn. God knows why he couldn’t get this form for us. Pleased to see him hit form again but very frustrating.

el3mel

He always had a lovely cross in him even here. Set up several goals with them. Rashford vs Huddersfield, Pogba vs Newcastle and Lingard vs Chelsea from my memory.

kidbob

Seen the game?
I don't have to see the game to know he's been like prime Ronaldo. I've seen all his United games to understand he doesn't have the ability to look like prime Ronaldo. He probably looked like a better version than the usual Lukaku.

GledTheRed

I don't have to see the game to know he's been like prime Ronaldo. I've seen all his United games to understand he doesn't have the ability to look like prime Ronaldo. He probably looked like a better version than the usual Lukaku.
Nice one mate.

kidbob

Nice one mate.
If he was capable of playing like 'prime Ronaldo' then would we have sold him? He's never been shit but he's never been good enough for a club with our aspirations. For what its worth Inter would be the same as us if they played in the Premier League. I've no problem with Lukaku the same way I have no problem with Robbie Keane, both good players at a certain level (Keane better technically) but not good enough for what United aspire to be.

van Hooijdonk

He was fantastic tonight. Their partnership with Lautaro Martinez is something magnificent.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
His first touch is erratic but he can certainly cross the ball pretty damn well.

El Zoido

He looks like a player reborn. God knows why he couldn’t get this form for us. Pleased to see him hit form again but very frustrating.
Our club is a black hole that sucks talent out of everyone. Funny how so many good players suddenly go bad when they play for us.

Ramos

Was great tonight. Could have had a hattrick, saw two goals cancelled out by VAR. First one really had nothing to do with his goal and the second one looked onside. Unlucky.

That second assist, wow!

Inter will (most likely) have to win their final game against Barcelona though. So not quite there yet. If they manage that while staying close to Juventus in Serie A after the first round of games, they will have had a great start.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You’d expect him to perform against a Czech team.

Voted Skill of the day by the UEFA experts.
love the hypocrisy of hitting a ball like this, when the reality is you hit a ball like this because your other foot is not good enough. It’s actually a lack of technique. Saw this often from the likes of Owen.

With that said and done, excellent pass, but hardly worthy of ‘skill of the day’ whatever that may be.

Red_toad

Hes playing well as he’s been used correctly. He was/is never the target man who can play with his back to goal type. Lord knows why Jose bought him to be his target man?

Andersonson

He's a class striker when played correctly. It was a very good move from him.

I still find it bizarre that we could afford to sell him without any replacements. I hope to god there's a plan behind it and we'll see it come january.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fantastic pass. He's always been best from a technical point of view when putting the ball into the middle. Doesn't change anything.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
love the hypocrisy of hitting a ball like this, when the reality is you hit a ball like this because your other foot is not good enough. It’s actually a lack of technique. Saw this often from the likes of Owen.

With that said and done, excellent pass, but hardly worthy of ‘skill of the day’ whatever that may be.

He couldn't have played that pass with his weak foot, even if he had the skill.

GledTheRed

If he was capable of playing like 'prime Ronaldo' then would we have sold him? He's never been shit but he's never been good enough for a club with our aspirations. For what its worth Inter would be the same as us if they played in the Premier League. I've no problem with Lukaku the same way I have no problem with Robbie Keane, both good players at a certain level (Keane better technically) but not good enough for what United aspire to be.
I was being sarcastic though he was fantastic, you should probably watch the game before you argue the toss.

Number32

I think his partnership with Martinez is the reason how he manage to find his best form again as he always did with Hazard and Mertens in Belgium.

We don't have any player like them yet.

Jerzol78

Hes playing well as he’s been used correctly. He was/is never the target man who can play with his back to goal type. Lord knows why Jose bought him to be his target man?
With his posture he reminded him of Pogba.

MiracleInMadrid

Fair play to him, he's doing well at Inter. He's a funny case. I am sure that he would score regularly for us, but I still don't want him in my team. I don't think he suits our style of play - or at least the style of play we aspire to adopt. In Inter he plays in a system that suits him, in a league and team where he mainly has to focus on being a goalscorer.

Is it only me who cannot stand his body language and constant gestures in games? EVERY time a teammember opts for a shot on goal instead of passing it to him, he's moaning and making gestures. Every. Single. Time. He does the same if he misses a chance himself. It's like he cannot fathom what just happened. In addition, if he makes an assist or something good it is like he's just waiting for the whole world to praise and acknowledge his geniuses.

DoomSlayer

Fair play to him, he's doing well at Inter. He's a funny case. I am sure that he would score regularly for us, but I still don't want him in my team. I don't think he suits our style of play - or at least the style of play we aspire to adopt. In Inter he plays in a system that suits him, in a league and team where he mainly has to focus on being a goalscorer.

Is it only me who cannot stand his body language and constant gestures in games? EVERY time a teammember opts for a shot on goal instead of passing it to him, he's moaning and making gestures. Every. Single. Time. He does the same if he misses a chance himself. It's like he cannot fathom what just happened. In addition, if he makes an assist or something good it is like he's just waiting for the whole world to praise and acknowledge his geniuses.
The lad has big appetite. For goals and glory, of course.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Pretty much my thoughts as well. He is a donkey. A useful and goalscoring donkey but still.

Conor

Not sure this could make any less sense.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our club is a black hole that sucks talent out of everyone. Funny how so many good players suddenly go bad when they play for us.
It feels that way doesn't it? the "big names" just never seem to find form here. That's why buying wonderkids or unknown talent always seems a better idea for us.
I agree. the 3-5-2 formation suits him really well and Inter often look to soak up pressure and counter, he's often in a lot of space when I see him scoring for inter which obviously suits his pace/power.

Look at the disallowed goal from last night though, he ran at the defender, hit some beautiful step overs then smacked it bottom corner. If he tried that at united he'd fall over the ball or kick it away.

It seems that Jose tried to turn him into a drogba/costa style player but he just doesn't have the close control for it. The extra weight is a weird situation though. He looks SO MUCH skinnier at Inter, he's back to his Everton shape. Why the hell did he not do that for us?

Revaulx

It seems that Jose tried to turn him into a drogba/costa style player but he just doesn't have the close control for it.
It’s because of things like this that I believe Jose is past it. Trying desperately to replicate stuff that worked for him in the past while clearly not having the materials to do so.
The extra weight is a weird situation though. He looks SO MUCH skinnier at Inter, he's back to his Everton shape. Why the hell did he not do that for us?
At the start of the season, presumably because Jose didn’t mind. Either he thought it was a good idea or he didn’t care because he was looking for the sack. Why Ole didn’t force the issue when he arrived (inventing a spurious injury as cover and sending him to a health farm for six weeks) is rather odd, and I’d be disappointed if it hadn’t been considered, but maybe he and the club as a whole had written Lukaku off as a high maintenance baby by then.