Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Rolaholic

This guy scored once against top 6 opposition during his entire time here whilst Martial and Rashford have done so 12 times this season...

Yet we'll still have 'fans' and rival fans claiming we're worse off after he bangs some in against Italian minnows :lol: :houllier:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's not very fat now. In fact he looks much fitter than ever before. Did our medics give him the right diet advice?
He is definitely still fat and looks very ill. I'm guessing he just has that beard to hide his double chin.

Stadjer

He was invisible last night. Got subbed of for Alexis... Lautaro wasnt at his very best either but atleast he wasnt invisible like Lukaku.

Ole his best decision as Manchester United manager was to get rid of Lukaku and play Martial as center forward.

MalcolmTucker

This guy scored once against top 6 opposition during his entire time here whilst Martial and Rashford have done so 12 times this season...

Yet we'll still have 'fans' and rival fans claiming we're worse off after he bangs some in against Italian minnows :lol: :houllier:
Yep. 1 goal in 20 against the top 6 in the PL while he was here :lol: meanwhile Martial has 4 goals in 7 and Rashford has 6 in 6 just this season in the PL.

He hasn't scored against the better teams in Serie A either - 0 goals in 6 games against the top 4 there.

He's doing what we all knew he was capable of doing, scoring against weaker teams. Both Martial and Rashford have outscored his total from last season in far fewer games - I hope the weirdos who still would rather him be starting for us have seen sense by now.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Sounds like they're starting to catch on in the Italian press...

izec

You have to take him out in the top games, it is almost like playing with 10 men. But then he will lose morale at some point and be unhappy, which will impact his form in the other games.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Problem was selling him and not replacing .

Yagami

Good post resistant
He was invisible last night. Got subbed of for Alexis... Lautaro wasnt at his very best either but atleast he wasnt invisible like Lukaku.

Ole his best decision as Manchester United manager was to get rid of Lukaku and play Martial as center forward.
Reading an Inter forum and many aren't happy with Martinez these past few months either. Some say Alexis has outperformed him!

The same Martinez a few on here would gladly swap Martial for.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Pretty much this.

Reading an Inter forum and many aren't happy with Martinez these past few months either. Some say Alexis has outperformed him!

The same Martinez a few on here would gladly swap Martial for.
Grass always greener with this place

mu4c_20le

Has Conte realised he isn’t that good?
He isn't dumb, at least i dont think, he knows his limitations. What we are seeing now is the low tide, so these negative stories are just evening out the ridiculous praise and hype when he was in form.

Alabaster Codify7

You have to take him out in the top games, it is almost like playing with 10 men. But then he will lose morale at some point and be unhappy, which will impact his form in the other games.

True. I just think, now, that Lukaku is simply not suitable for a big club. He's good if you're a top 6-12 team in your league when he doesn't have the pressure of playng for a big club hanging over him and there is no expectation for him to score goals against the big guns.

We can’t really mug off Inter and get them to take Sanchez off our hands can we?

they really are becoming our go to team to flog off the dead wood too. Long May it continue.

SiRed

I hope to see inter line up something like this next season

???
Young Smalling Jones Rojo
Matic Perriera
Lingard
Chong Lukaku Sanchez

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
And we kept getting reminders in here about how we never replaced his goals.

Rashord - Hasn't played now for 2 months and might never play again this season, has more goals than Lukaku had last year.
Martial - Equalled Lukaku's goal output from last season with that goal against City yesterday.

I don't know why people wanted to keep the guy. He was never worth the hassle.
It was not replacing him that was the issue leaving us with a thin choice upfront

RedStarUnited

It was not replacing him that was the issue leaving us with a thin choice upfront
I feel the disconnect was that fans expected/wanted a new striker and Ole wanted to have Martial/Rashford be the main guys. Also, we have a prodigy in Greenwood that also needed minutes.

Gehrman

I feel the disconnect was that fans expected/wanted a new striker and Ole wanted to have Martial/Rashford be the main guys. Also, we have a prodigy in Greenwood that also needed minutes.
Yeah, but everybody knew we were fecked if Martial and/or Rashford got injuries, which happened very quickly. Hence it was incredibly naive not to replace him. Also flattrack bullies can be very usefull. All the fans worries before the season have been completely validated.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah, but everybody knew we were fecked if Martial and/or Rashford got injuries, which happened very quickly. Hence it was incredibly naive not to replace him. Also flattrack bullies can be very usefull. All the fans worries before the season have been completely validated.
That's true if you've got a self-aware flat track bully, however Lukaku thought he was more than that. Had we benched him against the top sides he would've quickly seen his arse and started agitating for a move. Getting rid was a decent bit of business, just negligent that he wasn't replaced.

Gehrman

That's true if you've got a self-aware flat track bully, however Lukaku thought he was more than that. Had we benched him against the top sides he would've quickly seen his arse and started agitating for a move. Getting rid was a decent bit of business, just negligent that he wasn't replaced.
I agree. But also with regard to players like Greenwood and youngsters in general, it's completely normal and valid to loan out youth players to give them experience. We can make pragmatic signings and let youth players get games through loan deals.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I know Ole let Lukaku go without getting a backup striker for half the season but that was one of the best things he’s Done. To get rid of that fat donkey and let Martial Take the no.9. Ole also got a lot of stick for that on here but now i guess everyones happy!

Also, Feels so Good to not have that lazy donkey who cant even score in the big games. We all know he gets his number of goals up against shit teams like Brescia, Lecce and Torino but is useless against every top club. Its like donkey deja vu all Over again!:rolleyes:

RedStarUnited

And Ole would say, he gave Martial/Rashford the platform to prove they are ready to be leaders and they seemingly have reacted well to it. And also by not having another striker, Greenwood has got plenty of minutes to also show he is not just a reserve phenom but a genuine talent.

Wan

I agree. But also with regard to players like Greenwood and youngsters in general, it's completely normal and valid to loan out youth players to give them experience. We can make pragmatic signings and let youth players get games through loan deals.
I think we were linked with the likes of Arnautovic and Mandzukic last summer. For whatever reason we didn't get anyone in. Was it to give Greenwood game time? Or did we have a plan all along that we would go for Haaland(which we did try, unsuccessfully because Raiola wanted to put a release clause in the deal) last January?

I guess this is one of the reasons we didn't buy a backup striker in last summer. We don't want to have a problem of having too many players(who are not good enough) and having trouble finding clubs who would take them off of us like we have previously.

I like that Ole and the board have a plan(and not just a short term fix) , and is sticking with it. They know the position we are weak in(RB, CB, DM/CM, AM, RW, backup striker). We spent big bucks last summer to fix our defence and added Dan James as depth for the wings. Can't expect the club to spend big on all of our targets in one go. We have bought 3 players that improved us in 3 important positions. And if the rumours about the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Bellingham are true, I would say we will be back challenging for the title in a year or two.

He admitted United would be ready to act if a player became available at short notice.

"We have been working for a long time already to analyse our team and what we can get in the market," he added.

"We are trying to work out a couple of transfer windows ahead. We can't just react in May with 'now we have to do something'.

"But then, all of a sudden, players can get available to sign, so you still have to be aware that something can happen quickly."

redshaw

Same as what was said before he came to United, streaky player who hasn't scored much against the top teams. At least Conte knows it stretches back to Everton, the tweets seem to be focusing on his United form.

He would've been handy to have around when Martial was missing for the first part of the season with Rashford struggling. We were bottom half. We got into a good a good spell with both Rashford and Martial linking up but then it goes to shit again when Rashford it out for Jan. Signing Bruno got the link play going again but it's a shame this move wasn't done and dusted for the opening of the window at least. Jan one of worst periods with Rashford out, we could miss top four by a point or two getting Bruno too late.

romufc

I think we were linked with the likes of Arnautovic and Mandzukic last summer. For whatever reason we didn't get anyone in. Was it to give Greenwood game time? Or did we have a plan all along that we would go for Haaland(which we did try, unsuccessfully because Raiola wanted to put a release clause in the deal) last January?

I guess this is one of the reasons we didn't buy a backup striker in last summer. We don't want to have a problem of having too many players(who are not good enough) and having trouble finding clubs who would take them off of us like we have previously.

I like that Ole and the board have a plan(and not just a short term fix) , and is sticking with it. They know the position we are weak in(RB, CB, DM/CM, AM, RW, backup striker). We spent big bucks last summer to fix our defence and added Dan James as depth for the wings. Can't expect the club to spend big on all of our targets in one go. We have bought 3 players that improved us in 3 important positions. And if the rumours about the likes of Sancho, Grealish and Bellingham are true, I would say we will be back challenging for the title in a year or two.

He admitted United would be ready to act if a player became available at short notice.

"We have been working for a long time already to analyse our team and what we can get in the market," he added.

"We are trying to work out a couple of transfer windows ahead. We can't just react in May with 'now we have to do something'.

"But then, all of a sudden, players can get available to sign, so you still have to be aware that something can happen quickly."
This is a good post. We wanted to get rid of deadwood, we did that.

We had Lukaku as our ST last season, no one complained about lack of depth because Rashford, Martial can play there.

This season we had Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

Unfortunately, one of the two have been injured and we have struggled.

I think we have struggled in the No. 10 role more making the ST position look worse than it is.

If the club signed a £50m player to please the fan, whilst knowing that they have long term targets and how they want the squad to be shaped, these panic buys will make it worse.

I am glad Ole did not panic buy and we can go into the summer knowing exactly what we need.

With Greenwood having got valuable first team experience. We were never going to compete for the league this season so, I am happy our academy players got a chance.

Gehrman

And Ole would say, he gave Martial/Rashford the platform to prove they are ready to be leaders and they seemingly have reacted well to it. And also by not having another striker, Greenwood has got plenty of minutes to also show he is not just a reserve phenom but a genuine talent.
True, but we have had a pretty poor season results wise, hence the polemic discussion about having Ole as manager. I don't think anybody disagrees with Martial and Rashfords talent, its just we need squad depth.

Wan

This is a good post. We wanted to get rid of deadwood, we did that.

We had Lukaku as our ST last season, no one complained about lack of depth because Rashford, Martial can play there.

This season we had Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

Unfortunately, one of the two have been injured and we have struggled.

I think we have struggled in the No. 10 role more making the ST position look worse than it is.

If the club signed a £50m player to please the fan, whilst knowing that they have long term targets and how they want the squad to be shaped, these panic buys will make it worse.

I am glad Ole did not panic buy and we can go into the summer knowing exactly what we need.

With Greenwood having got valuable first team experience. We were never going to compete for the league this season so, I am happy our academy players got a chance.
I agree. I still don't know why we didn't just get Bruno in the summer. Well, it could be because Sporting was asking for silly money, which would be over our budget after buying AWB and Maguire for a lot of money. Besides we have Pogba as the creative outlet, and we can make do with Lingard I guess was the thinking. But Pogba only played 7 league games because of injuries and Lingard continued his year long barren spell making us really dull going forward. Thank god for Bruno. And hopefully with another signing in Grealish, we don't have to see anymore the appearance of Lingard and Pereira regularly in the first team.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can pretend it was all lovey dovey all he wants — he spent the last few months of his time here droning about how great Conte is and how great the Serie A is.

tenpoless

I don't think anyone else can do what He did, which is to join a big club and then wanting to leave after 2 games. That's a world class record right there, He could have easily been in the Guinness Book of World Record. Too bad there were no witnesses.

Some bloke from China has replaced him - I.e someone who can come in and score against all the crap teams.

actually that’s really harsh, or Ighalo. Quite frankly he’s shown what a decent no 9 can do.

give it another year and no one will even remember Lukuku played for Utd.