Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

siw2007

Big thanks for the contribution he has made in his short time here. He was a really good goalscorer and front man, but he never really fitted the profile of a United player. He could have been so much more if he could trap a football.

We might not have signed a replacement but fortunately football is a team sport and hopefully a more flexible front line will coax more from our existing forwards.

haram

Did his best to miss the chance against PSG when through against Buffon. Can’t remember one big or important goal or performance.
One of the worst posts I have ever seen on here. You literally name a big and important goal when trying to take credit away from him for scoring it in the first place :houllier:. He even scored twice in that game :houllier:.

CM

What is that hashtag even supposed to mean, anyway?

Acole9

Outstanding
That was the best announcement video I've seen, top class.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's best for both parties he moves on, but we're still missing a top striker. The days of adding a prime RVP for £24m to an already effective squad seem very far away.

justboy68

He was never going to be the striker needed to take us forward. Great deal for us in a vacuum. Now we need to put those funds to good use though...

Last edited:

SCJY

GOOOOOOD RIDDANCE!

The biggest, most useless lump of a forward to pull on a United shirt in the past 30 years.

I'd place him together with William Prunier, Bebe, and Massimo Taibi as the biggest banter players ever.

This is the best transfer window deadline day ever. To have sold him and opening up that space in the team for genuine young talent - Greenwood hopefully.

BlahRules

What would be glorious is if we flood inter Milan tweeter with Lukaku’s first touch, link up plays and with the hashtage #notforeveryone

The Bloody-Nine

GOOOOOOD RIDDANCE!

The biggest, most useless lump of a forward to pull on a United shirt in the past 30 years.

I'd place him together with William Prunier, Bebe, and Massimo Taibi as the biggest banter players ever.

This is the best transfer window deadline day ever. To have sold him and opening up that space in the team for genuine young talent - Greenwood hopefully.
This is one of the biggest banter posts I've ever read. Comparing a striker who scored 27 goals in his first season with us to Bebe. Take a bow, son.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
GOOOOOOD RIDDANCE!

Strange view to have. He scored over 40 goals in two seasons.

I don't rate him since he got lost up his own bum in the Everton days, but I don't know how someone can call him anywhere near a failure when he did pretty well in a squad that, as a whole, hasn't been on form.

(especially not in the same vein as the venetian blind!)

GuyfromAustria

He scored a total 2 league goals for United against teams who finished in the upper half of the table if I'm not mistaken. (Everton and Chelsea in 17/18)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I've got no animosity towards him. Good luck to him. Relieved to have shifted him as he did not fit one bit. Shame that we do not have the ambition to reinvest the money though.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I've got no animosity towards him. Good luck to him. Relieved to have shifted him as he did not fit one bit. Shame that we do not have the ambition to reinvest the money though.
Same here. He was bought in to play within a very specific system, which was then sabotaged by Woodward refusing to back Mourinho with the wingers required to provide service, and then sacking Mourinho.

Solskjaer arrives and goes public with his decision about Lukaku not fitting into his plans and making the equally erratic Rashford his no 1.

As an elite striker with an already brilliant scoring record (and decent return at United) and the best years of his career ahead of him, I'm not sure what his critics expected Lukaku to do in that situation?

The club have also duped the fans by selling him on the final day without replacing him.

Wish him luck

Last edited:

Nori-

Such a frustrating player to watch but a likable guy. Part of me is glad he's gone even without buying any cover. Don't know how much longer I could have taken watching him fumble over a ball or take a shot 2 meters wide.

Wish him all the best and hope he does well at Inter

RkkMan

As bad as he was for us I'm very sure he'll smash it at Inter the slow dynamics of the Italian league and Conte's pragmatic system will suit his style like a glove

CherryBoy

I hope we've learnt our lesson: we shouldn't sign players who lack basic technical abilities.
What utter nonsense, you cannot score 100 or more goals at an elite level and be bad at the basics.

You guys are being very disingenuous here.

If you want to say he didn't fit into a particular system, fine.

But don't be silly.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Deluded guy thinks he's a top class ST :lol:

Easily one of the worst buys in the club's history. Maybe the worst.

OverratedOpinion

He didn't suit our style of play and had his flaws but we have sold our best striker and brought no one to replace him. We have also sold our second best midfielder without replacing him.

Good summer all round.

saivet

Not sure if you can see the caption, but he basically just says thanks to the board, manager, players and fans and that he wishes us well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Rumours he'd fell out with Pogba could be true. Perhaps one of the behind the scenes issues within the squad.

space

Good luck to him, hope he destroys the Italian league. Never seemed to really fit in here after a good first spell.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

A guy who scored goals over two seasons at a ratio of one in two, who we recouped our money on, might be the worst signing in the history of Man Utd. :lol:
We paid €85m for him in 2017 which is enough to label him as the worst club signing. It was idiotic enough from Mourinho & the club and I heard we got €65m + €13m in bonuses. I hardly call this "recouping our money".

We should've never signed this donkey and used Martial or Rashford as our main ST. But Mourinho wanted a big lump that suited to his shit on a stick brand of football so was happy to pay that stupid amount on his beloved flat-track bully. Bloody awful first touch, abysmal against any decent oppositon, missed easy chances but on the contrary an unwarranted inflated opinion of himself. David Moyes of strikers.

Like the dithering Dave, should've never been a part of our history. Was never a Man United striker in a million years and considering the money it was an absolutely awful signing.

Last edited: