Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Sterling Archer

Yeah he sure showed us that huh ?
Your comments in here are a bit petty. A side of GifLord I don't like to see. Makes me sad. It's more effective when you pull together highlights of the fat man tripping on his own nutsack. Also more funny.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Your comments in here are a bit petty. A side of GifLord I don't like to see. Makes me sad. It's more effective when you pull together highlights of the fat man tripping on his own nutsack. Also more funny.
Yeah cause he was shit. We were a laughing stock every time he failed to control the ball or missed a sitter. It seems some of you have short memory

And we kept hearing the same bullshit excuses like -> He doesn't get enought passes/ chances

UncleBob

So you can disrespect the club once you've had somewhat of a career here? Like I said, more interested on matters of football that the politics of football clubs and lfor me it was wrong to let him go without a replacement lined up. That's basic and certainly if that's the view of the club and Ole talks about freeing up Greenwoods pathway, then can't see how 10 mins at the end of the game is achieving anything. The whole thing has been badly managed and we'll probably have to spend the 80m anyway to get someone in that's unproven in the Prem. I got the Rom stuff if we were going to play on the front foot but counter attacking football.....
Yeah, not exactly what i wrote is it, and Roy Keane sure as hell isn't loved by the majority either, it took quite a while until fans eased down on Becks and Ruud, with the latter it wasn't really until he went public about contacting Fergie and saying he was sorry.

Rashford has scored more goals this season than Lukaku at the same time.

Hambley

I guess it's as logical as simple. If Lukaku struggled to score for us much last season and now we watch him scoring a decent number of goals for Konte's Inter it means Ole just didn't know how to use him as a striker in his formation. Meantime he relies on Rashford whom he also doesn't know how to use properly to make him a bombard striker. In a way that looks just ridiculous.

GifLord

I guess it's as logical as simple. If Lukaku struggled to score for us much last season and now we watch him scoring a decent number of goals for Konte's Inter it means Ole just didn't know how to use him as a striker in his formation. Meantime he relies on Rashford whom he also doesn't know how to use properly to make him a bombard striker. In a way that looks just ridiculous.
Or maybe Serie A is just weak as feck?

Hambley

Or maybe Serie A is just weak as feck?
I think we should be honest - if Lukaku transfered to Chelsea with Konte in charge he would still score so many goals as he did this season so far. Serie A can't be an exuse.

el3mel

Off course there's teams in the Championship that have more money than some Serie A teams. What does that tell you about the league?
It's slower in terms of intensity but definitely not "weak as feck". If we are applying this argument, can we say the same about Pogba, succeeded in Italy because it's "weak as feck" and never reached the same heights in a stronger league as PL?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The serie A is weak argument is bs. It's weaker than the PL but no by much, and Lukaku scored plenty in PL anyways

But the argument about serie A being part of the reason might have merit. Physical beasts like Lukaku tend to do well in Italy in general

marktan

He's won about 4 headers already in the first half against Dortmund, probably more then he won in his whole time with us.

Watching him I'm starting to think that the two up front counter attacking style Inter have suits Lukaku more than 3 up front side ways pass football we used to play. His touch is still shit though.

Johan Jovo

Lautaro Martinez not passing the ball to Lukaku (completely alone and with only goalie in front of himself..) and rather dribling into three defenders himself, speaks volumes... I just don't know if it speaks about selfishness of Lautaro or how highly his teammates value the finishing qualities of Lukaku..

GifLord

The serie A is weak argument is bs. It's weaker than the PL but no by much, and Lukaku scored plenty in PL anyways

But the argument about serie A being part of the reason might have merit. Physical beasts like Lukaku tend to do well in Italy in general
Brescia came from Serie B - Spent 15mil
Aston Villa came from Championship - Spent over 130mil

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Brescia came from Serie B - Spent 15mil
Aston Villa came from Championship - Spent over 130mil
Norwich didn't, and look at them

Look at southampton, newcastle....

The level of the bottom sides is pretty much the same across the top 4 leagues. There just aren't that many very good players to go around

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku showed he could score goals for West Brom and Everton, maybe the PL is weak as feck too. Or maybe things aren't as straightforward as that

Teja

He never scored consistently for Everton either, he blew hot and cold and when he was on a hot streak he'd score a brace every weekend. Martinez tried to move him to RW because he wasn't satisfied with his CF play.

reddevil702

Saw how bad of a manager Ole was and decided to go play for a real one at Inter. Just another one of Ole's great decision!

Ban

Saw how bad of a manager Ole was and decided to go play for a real one at Inter. Just another one of Ole's great decision!
So it was Ole decision that Lukaku sees how bad manager Ole is. Maybe you should read again what you wrote.

el3mel

Lautaro Martinez not passing the ball to Lukaku (completely alone and with only goalie in front of himself..) and rather dribling into three defenders himself, speaks volumes... I just don't know if it speaks about selfishness of Lautaro or how highly his teammates value the finishing qualities of Lukaku..
Salah and Mane do this to each other about every game.

lsd

The Oracle
He never scored consistently for Everton either, he blew hot and cold and when he was on a hot streak he'd score a brace every weekend. Martinez tried to move him to RW because he wasn't satisfied with his CF play.

Just scored over 20 goals a season what a terrible striker

Thank god we have much better goalscorers now :rolleyes:

Johan Jovo

Ok guys, I even downloaded OBS capture and watched a tutorial on youtube how to capture video, so I could show you how poor Lukaku is asking for the ball to be passed to him... I don't know who is more pathetic, Lukaku or me...

Cant paste the link (noob), remove the space before com
streamable. com/94yd6

Ban

This thread is strange. Majority of people thought he should be sold, now it seems like we should have kept the guy.

binary bot
It's the best bit of business we've done in years. The failure isn't in selling him, but in not replacing him. We need better. Our opposition all have better than him.

reddevil702

So it was Ole decision that Lukaku sees how bad manager Ole is. Maybe you should read again what you wrote.
Let me simplify it for you. The first statement is meant as a dig at Ole for selling Lukaku. The second, is in reference to his decision to sell Lukaku.

The Urban Goose

I take it he’s scored again :lol:
Quite the contrary, he's generally being slagged off for going missing against a decent team again. Inter are learning. He's a great player for finishing 6th in the league, but he'll never be first choice in a team that wins anything of note.