Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
FYI his league debut for us should be against the team he has scored the most goals against

:keano:

daveskimufc

Rubbish. Unlike Lukaku, Zlatan never complains when he doesn't get the ball, he actually would clap even when Rashford and co made wrong decisions. Lukaku is the most selfish striker I have ever seen.
Not a chance. What about defoe??
Anyway strikers are supposed to be a little selfish....again look at Defoe and his goals tally

MullerUtd

Personally, I'm disappointed by this transfer but I'm going to refrain from expressing my disappointment as the signing is already confirmed and as a fan of the club, I will always get behind every Man Utd player no matte how much I dislike him. I'm happy to eat my words back and would love Lukaku to prove me wrong. I still have doubts about his ability but I guess he's the "best" available striker in the market. Apparantely Chelsea has also matched our offer, if so, why did he not choose to go Chelsea? Isn't he a boyhood Chelsea fan? Deep down inside, I was silently hoping Chelsea would steal him from under our nose, as they had a habit of doing so in the past. :lol:

AndyJ1985

You mean to say that the likes of Valencia, Rashford, Martial (Ok, didn't have a great second season) are crap ?
Our wide areas were crap last season yes. Not interested in debating individuals, but as a team we are useless on the wing.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Personally, I'm disappointed by this transfer but I'm going to refrain from expressing my disappointment as the signing is already confirmed and as a fan of the club, I will always get behind every Man Utd player no matte how much I dislike him. I'm happy to eat my words back and would love Lukaku to prove me wrong. I still have doubts about his ability but I guess he's the "best" available striker in the market. Apparantely Chelsea has also matched our offer, if so, why did he not choose to go Chelsea? Isn't he a boyhood Chelsea fan? Deep down inside, I was silently hoping Chelsea would steal him from under our nose, as they had a habit of doing so in the past. :lol:
What kind of fan are you? You realise if Chelsea steal him from us we'll be up shit creek without a paddle due to us then being desperate for a striker right?

Robertd0803

Woohoo :) Here comes the goals.

And Chelsea can go stuff themselves as well. The whole matching our bid was clearly a PR stunt to save face and diffuse Contes meltdown.

podurban2

Rubbish. Unlike Lukaku, Zlatan never complains when he doesn't get the ball, he actually would clap even when Rashford and co made wrong decisions. Lukaku is the most selfish striker I have ever seen.
I'm lost for words.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For the doubters, I have to trust Jose on this one. He usually gets it spot on with strikers, same as CBs: McCarthy, Drogba, Anelka, Costa... Sure he may have Rooney's first touch, but it's something he can improve, he's still only 24 FFS. As long as the second ends up in the back of the net I don't care :cool:
I understand what you are saying but he has +300 games behind him, with that type of experience and mileage future improvements aren't a given and should have already happen. Lukaku isn't your regular 24 years old player.

Gopher Brown

You can't say you're disappointed then immediately say you're not going to express that.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The naysayers basically get their cake and eat it too.

If he flops they can say they told us so. If he succeeds nobody will remember who said what.

Z_Wolf

Funny how fans are expected to be ecstatic when their club signs a player even when it's a shit player. I don't rate Lukaku, never have. I love the club as much as anyone; I just wanted a different type of striker so that we could play good football.

MullerUtd

What kind of fan are you? You realise if Chelsea steal him from us we'll be up shit creek without a paddle due to us then being desperate for a striker right?
No need to be so confrontational, we all have our own views on said player and I'm sure you would find a section of our fans who are disappointed by this transfer. Like I said, I'm still not convinced by Lukaku and I still think Morata is an overall better player than him - I was hoping we would sign someone like Morata or Aubameyang.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
On balance, pleased with this.

The Zlatan injury forced our hand in terms of buying a striker and of all the ones on the market Lukaku had the least question marks when it comes scoring goals (particularly in the PL) and that's the area we needed to fortify the most.

We've bought a young striker who brings pace, movement, strength, finishing and that knack for being in the right place at the right time. I like all those things.

Norris

Our wide areas were crap last season yes. Not interested in debating individuals, but as a team we are useless on the wing.
That's been a problem for quite a while now. Even under LvG, our wing play was very mediocre. We clearly have very good individuals who can contribute on the wing, it's just they need to get a bit of momentum and confidence back in their game.

NinjaFletch

Comparing the two would be atrocious. Lukaku shows movement, unlike Ibra, and that is where the main difference in our play would like. Additionally, being left footed, he could drift out right, allowing Mkhi/Mata/Rashford to get inside, and Pogba to march forward as well.

Ibrahimovich was a brilliant striker and footballer, but his movement (for us, i.e.), wasn't there due to his age, and the physicality of Lukaku alongwith the movement - I am excited!
Exactly. Ibra was one of the games best strikers who managed a very impressive goal return last season despite what some posters eould argue. Lukaku will have to do very, very well just to fill his boots.

I imagine we will be seeing the arguments about how Ibra scoring a goal masked a poor performance amplified times ten.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Funny how fans are expected to be ecstatic when their club signs a player even when it's a shit player. I don't rate Lukaku, never have. I love the club as much as anyone; I just wanted a different type of striker so that we could play good football.
I like strikers that score a lot of goals. Bit old fashioned in the FIFA age I guess.

ovoxo

Delighted with the signing. I agree that SAF probably would have signed him too had he still been around now. The message it sends to Chelsea and Madrid is also fantastic:devil:

wr8_utd

:'(
Wow I wonder have you ever actually seen him play for us last season or him playing anywhere, like ever? There were instances last season where he was raising and flapping his arms in protest so much that I was genuinely thinking he'd start flying.
:lol::lol::lol:

MullerUtd

Fecking this. I get called names for being an idiot, shite post blah blah just because I don't rate Lukaku and wanted a different kind of striker as well. It goes to show how small-minded the Caf can be when people don't go with their flow. Fecking childish lot.

Red Devil Rising

Based on my accurate calculations he should be the Premier League all time leading goal scorer at the age of 30 and passing Rooney's club record soon after..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The problem isn't you not being ecstatic, the problem is you thinking that someone who quite clearly isn't shit is. You're allowed to have your opinion, it just isn't a very good one in most people's eyes.

As for the type if striker and team we're building, that ship made ready to set sail once we appointed Mourinho I think.

iportman

Let me guess , you wanted "our Harry " :rolleyes:

Peanut Butter

Lukaku is a "sh*t player"?

Please never get promoted.

Mihai

Listen we've been connected with Perišić (LW) move for a while now and we've witnessed that Mourinho is no stranger to playing Mikhi on the right, plus the fact that Rashford has advantage over Martial also.

I guess that's pretty reasonable fear right there.
Martial himself confirmed this is bs. He will be here next year and hopefully improve.

Acquire Me

Mate, Lukaku is not a shit player and you know that. United don't buy shit players at all. We have bought some talents that turned out not that great, but never shit players.

Moonred

Fecking this. I get called names for being an idiot, shite post blah blah just because I don't rate Lukaku and wanted a different kind of striker as well. It goes to show how small-minded the Caf can be when people don't go with their flow. Fecking childish lot.
Calm down. The whole caf isn't calling you out. There are plenty who aren't convinced about Lukaku(see the votes) but will get behind him and can see how it can work out.

InfiniteBoredom

It's the herd mentality, much the same happened when Moyes signed.

Fwiw, much as I dislike signing him, I do sincerely hope he turns out well. Its easy to offload a failed manager, it's not easy to get rid of a failed 75m signing.

Traub

Good little clip of him talking about his game and his desire to improve.
His best quality IMO. It's what Jose likes about Rashford and it's what he requires from all his players. The fact he was willing to move to Everton while being at a big club just shows his belief in himself.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
No need to be so confrontational, we all have our own views on said player and I'm sure you would find a section of our fans who are disappointed by this transfer. Like I said, I'm still not convinced by Lukaku and I still think Morata is an overall better player than him - I was hoping we would sign someone like Morata or Aubameyang.
You can be unhappy about the transfer and all that, that's fine. But wishing it would go under so we then have to go back to Real with them knowing how badly we need Morata is just wrong. If it does go tits up and we ask about Morata again they know they have all the power and the fee would no doubt rise to 100 million.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Comparing the two would be atrocious. Lukaku shows movement, unlike Ibra, and that is where the main difference in our play would like. Additionally, being left footed, he could drift out right, allowing Mkhi/Mata/Rashford to get inside, and Pogba to march forward as well.

Ibrahimovich was a brilliant striker and footballer, but his movement (for us, i.e.), wasn't there due to his age, and the physicality of Lukaku alongwith the movement - I am excited!

He covered less distance and made less sprints then Ibra

MUM

Great signing, big, quick and powerful and can score at the death. Welcome big man.

Mihai

Would you like any sauces with that sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.