Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Oh come on, Really? How do you think lukaku became a prolific goal scorer? Because he played, because everton built him up and that's why he is scoring so much, We can not keep buying top players and shift our policy to a galactico policy , its ust not feasible in this era. A team need both youth and experience together and that youth develops with playing side by side to exp players. This is how we built Ronaldo and Rooney and all the class of 92. Besides should we not improve and target to win UCL too for which a better build up is more necessary. Imagine if martial leaves unhappy and scores many goals just like lukaku elsewhere whould we be buying him back for 100 m from another team?

Tottenham have just one striker in kane and one cam deli ali in the starting line up yet they can rake up 86 points because they are better balanced and better built up first team but they struggle in europe and literally dont care about it. Surely we would like to do better in europe having a more creative talent for such insane money which is required in this era.

We were 25 unbeaten in the league when we found out team, yet it was both the combination of Poor and slower attackng build up along with personel problem which led us to many draws. If we imrpove the build up this year mauch of our goal scoring problems would be solved by Goals from Mkh and martial and mata themselves, and yet build those players with game time , and improve systematically on all fronts as a complete team rather than stacking up goal scorers and hope for the best. Morata is a good finisher and so is martial and MKH too Lukaku makes no sense and will completely make us unbalanced again in attack or in midfeild with other players who should play sitting on the bench.
I have never said I'm 100% convinced with Lukaku and told you I will prefer Morata on him but at the same time I will take almost any striker at his prime available in the market above depending on kids, but who said Lukaku is a galactico signing ? A galactico signing is buying Lewa for example, buying Lukaku is a normal signing in EPL. Lukaku and Morata are both at 24 and entering their prime, much more trustful than players at 19 and 20 years old. Again past is past look at the current EPL teams and tell me which of them is developing youth and waiting for their development, no one really, even if they have a young player he's already firing numbers. We could have done this in the past when there were only 2-3 teams at best challenging and we have a winner squad that we may add some youth to develop, currently we need prime players ASAP to compete with the rest of the league who already have ready squads.

I really don't understand the idea, it's normal to refuse players because you are not convinced with their abilities, very fair but missing available players just to develop some raw talents ?! Rashford and Martial will get the time they deserve from the bench but what we should care as fans are the team winning or not, regardless of who is playing.

Spurs are not a great example because they actually sacrifice CL followed by EL to keep their players available in the league, I don't think you will be happy with this. Top clubs need depth if you want to fight for 2 competitions. They aren't struggling in Europe, they are sacrificing them by their own hand.

Finally, the slow build up won't be present with the dynamism Morata will give us, as much as I like Zlatan he wasn't dribbling a lot and was depending on his hold up play to create chances to his teammates but it was working. Morata will do the same + can dribble with the ball and create chances for himself too. Don't know much about Lukaku ability in this, though. Anyway it doesn't chance my point finishing is a different category than build up and we need both, if you think improving one only is enough and will solve the other automatically you're wrong, sorry, and don't tell me we didn't create clear cut chances last season, we were slow in build up due to the players play style up front like Zlatan, Mata and Pogba, all aren't the fastest players ever but we creating enough sitters tomwin any game. The fact is many players in the squad need to boost their numbers and we can't keep giving them excuses for their terrible numbers by mentioning the manager's play style and build up. These supposed-to-be top players need to take some responsibility for what they do on the pitch.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This sounds more than just speculation to me.

He should get his fair share of goals for us for years with any luck.

His touch can be worked on also - Cole's wasn't good when he arrived but they improved that massively.

Now onto the next one Ed.

VanGaalEra

All in for Lukaku! This came out the blue!

Perhaps Madrid wanted too much for Morata.

podurban2

Haha wow you guys complaining, everyone thought he was worth north of £100M. Stop fecking complaining. :lol:

Adebesi

Beeb saying it's done?

Interesting. If true, I read that as the Morata deal being dead. We might sign another forward but surely not an out and out striker.

For me that sends the message that we can't be held to random by Madrid or anyone else. Which is probably a positive signal to be sending out to other clubs we're dealing with.

Woodzy

Wow. Happier with this than I would have been with Morata.

It would be great to get Morata as well however, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do. Madrid are likely desperate to sell to fund Mbappe, and will likely lower their asking price if it looks like we are 'pulling out'.

gr3yham3

Wow. This is really out of the (Everton) blue!

I still hope we go for Morata though - I think that missing out on Griezmann meant that we were always going to pursue another attacking option to cover the loss of goals. Morata is more than capable of playing elsewhere besides up top too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
£75m is about £25m overpriced but he will replace Ibra's goals. I think his first touch is horrendous but he does have some qualities.
Erm very young versions of Raheem Stirling and John Stones cost £50m and that was a while back Too.

realistic fee given the Era we are in

Status
Not open for further replies.