Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt

Can't rule out the tactic that we've leaked that we've agreed a fee with Everton just to scare Madrid and make them concede that they'll lower Morata's price.
Hope you're right ......although I can't see how Morata could be worth less than Lukaku?

Duafc

Village Lemon
I've been in his corner from day 1...

This would be my fave signing post SAF.

Please lets just get this deal tied up!

RED ROM!
You think this Rom chap is better than Lukaku and Morata?

Is there a youtube vid with terrible dance music you can point me towards? Can't say i've heard of him.

el3mel

I don't understand this, I find it hard to believe that they all act like children. United have every right to make a bid and sign anyone, as do Chelsea, I find it hard to believe Chelsea would be all pathetic and refuse to sell a player that they know they'd get a good fee for, just because United signed a player they like.

But you might be right, who knows.
They will act like children. We hijacked a deal supposed tombe done for them and will love to replay.

Member 57516

Would be pretty happy with this if it means:

- Rooney to Everton
- Fabinho to United
- Matic stays at Chelsea (or goes elsewhere)
- Griezemann to United in January / Summer

:drool:

Trying to stay optimistic as staying out of transfer talk hasn't worked!
Ohhh, yes please :drool:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
@iHicksy

And also I remember I compared Lukaku's stats last season with previous seasons, I must say previous seasons he wasn't clinical at all (more like Zlatan) but last season was a different story. He has improved.
Definitely looks like it, because he scored 11 goals in 14 matches in 2016 for Belgium. In the years before his best numbers were 2 goals in 8 matches and 3 in 10.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Wow, just imagine the panic going on in Real Madrid right now. They were probably already planning with sending Morata away for 75m euro to us and then do a lot of great business with other clubs. This puts them in a really bad situation. Who's going to pay all that money for Morata now? Where the hell will he be going? WELL PLAYED WOODIE!

I was never ever expecting this deal. I thought Lukaku was going to Chelsea. And where will this put Chelsea now? I bet Costa is really disappointed to say the least.

Sky's latest update on Lukaku

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
SSN saying that a deal is very close but neither club confirming that it's finalised as there are still some details to be agreed.

Also saying this is not an 'impulsive or reactionary signing' and that Lukaku was Mourinho's no1 target since the end of the season; the club is using its strategic partnership with Raiola to its advantage.

Suggesting that Moratta was always a fallback option and used as a smokescreen, whilst they negotiated with Lukaku in the background.

They expect Lukaku to join the club on the flight to USA tour.

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Happy with this, wouldn't be surprised now if Conte wants to work with Morata again and Perez wont try to fleece them like he did with us.

DevilRed

They will act like children. We hijacked a deal supposed tombe done for them and will love to replay.
They had to get rid of costa first anyways. Which they are clearly having trouble doing.

On one hand I'm glad that we fecked over Madrid again. I doubt they will get anywhere close to 70m for morata ever.

On the other, torn between whether lukaku or morays are better fits. Have to say that lukaku is as close to another drogba as you get. Surely Jose will make it work well.

podurban2

Wow, just imagine the panic going on in Real Madrid right now. They were probably already planning with sending Morata away for 75m euro to us and then do a lot of great business with other clubs. This puts them in a really bad situation. Who's going to pay all that money for Morata now? Where the hell will he be going? WELL PLAYED WOODIE!

I was never ever expecting this deal. I thought Lukaku was going to Chelsea. And where will this put Chelsea now? I bet Costa is really disappointed to say the least.
Sky saying we have been working on this deal for weeks. Meanwhile we have been negotiating with RM? Really screwed over them and Chelsea.

AndyJ1985

It's imperative that we improve our attack behind Lukaku. We don't want another season of our forward bring our only outlet for goals.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They might, but I personally find it odd, if the deal was meant to be for them then why didn't they errrrm complete it? They have had months to negotiate.

RuudTom83

Woody really does love pissing RM off! hehe with way DDG turned out last season and now Morata.

Last edited:

Pavl3n

Who knows how moving onto a bigger stage will affect Lukaku. Either he will step up and grow better or shrink under the limelight. Let's see.
Personally I think he could make the step.
He's confident lad - his goal tally to day and the price tag are surely boosting it.

fergosaurus

Doubt BBC are wrong on this. Are Everton lining up any deals and don't want to be fleeced with other clubs knowing they have an extra £75m in the bank?

Berbasbullet

It's imperative that we improve our attack behind Lukaku. We don't want another season of our forward bring our only outlet for goals.
This! Such a shame Griez didn't go through.

What do you suggest? I want a player that can play on the right.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Morata > Lukaku but I'd be happy. Mourinho would get the best out of him in this more developed stage he's at that his chelski days

FujiVice

Jamie Jackson said at the very start of the summer "Mourinho is obsessed with Lukaku."

Gasolin

So Lukaku is our target player now? Interesting... that could be quite good.

Berbasbullet

Doubt BBC are wrong on this. Are Everton lining up any deals and don't want to be fleeced with other clubs knowing they have an extra £75m in the bank?
I think that could have been it, they just splashed out shed loads of cash, so didn't want to get rinsed. It might have all been agreed weeks ago you know, and in the meanwhile we played with Madrid's hearts. :lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
SSN saying that a deal is very close, but neither club confirming that is has been finally agreed, and there are still some details to be agreed.

Also saying this is not an 'impulsive or reactionary signing' and that Lukaku was Mourinho's no 1 target since the end of the season; club is using its strategic partnership with Raiola to its advantage.

Suggesting that Moratta was always a fallback option and used as a smokescreen, whilst they negotiated with Lukaku in the background.

Thanks for the summary, hopefully it'll calm down people on here.

I also wonder what is up with Matic deal, is that a smokescreen too for a different midfielder?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We don't need him for big matches. If he can just streamroll weaker defences like he is doing for the last two seasons, then i'd be delighted. Remember all those draws at OT?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Yeah, the La Liga and CL winners might have to keep their reserve striker.

I'd say it's pandemonium in Madrid right now...

el3mel

They might, but I personally find it odd, if the deal was meant to be for them then why didn't they errrrm complete it? They have had months to negotiate.
Because they aren't really that great negotiators some think they are. Their ability to negotiate is overrated heavily. Their board has many problems on its own.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
SSN saying that a deal is very close, but neither club confirming that is has been finally agreed, and there are still some details to be agreed.

Also saying this is not an 'impulsive or reactionary signing' and that Lukaku was Mourinho's no 1 target since the end of the season; club is using its strategic partnership with Raiola to its advantage.

Thanks, threadmarking this.

We need a true winger on one flank, right or left, would do massive things for our attack imo. Valencia takes good care of the entire right flank allowing the likes of Miki, Mata etc to drift in. The big problem for me was zero width on the opposite flank.

Mike09

Definitely looks like it, because he scored 11 goals in 14 matches in 2016 for Belgium. In the years before his best numbers were 2 goals in 8 matches and 3 in 10.
Though, I wasn't talking about number of goals and matches, I was talking about number of goals and shots. I did check about months ago (I think when Zlatan missed PK vs Bournemouth because I got annoyed of how many chances we have missed even though we had so many shots this season). And I was shocked to see that Lukaku was one of the best in europe for his converting his chances to goals last season. I was so sure he wasn't clinical enough before then I compared his previous season stats, man he has improved a lot to be more clinical.

fergosaurus

I think that could have been it, they just splashed out shed loads of cash, so didn't want to get rinsed. It might have all been agreed weeks ago you know, and in the meanwhile we played with Madrid's hearts. :lol:
I love the thought of Ed trolling Perez all along. :lol:

prtk0811

Griez next season, fabinho would improve the build up and dynamism behind lukaku with pogba more attack minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.