Romelu Lukaku | United confirm deal subject to medical and personal terms

How do you feel about the imminent signing of Romelu Lukaku?

• Muppetastic!

Votes: 456 20.6%
  • Happy enough

Votes: 1,222 55.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 370 16.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 112 5.1%
  • Oh please god no!

Votes: 54 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

That was my favorite announcement in recent times.

The thoughts of letting him have another season were unbearable.
It really was great. The relief, the optimism and hope that came after was great. Then of course the slip two weeks later, made the month after he was sacked so good.

Robertd0803

We sacked him at 8:30 am BST.
Wow really?? I remember cracking open a bottle of beer to celebrate in relief and fairly sure that wasn't at 8.30 am :lol::lol::lol: maybe I had to wait until I got back from work or something to celebrate and might be thinking that's why I thought it was later in the evening.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
It really was great. The relief, the optimism and hope that came after was great. Then of course the slip two weeks later, made the month after he was sacked so good.
I still don't understand how a small minority were vehemently opposed to sacking him. Mind boggling stuff.

Nick7

Wow really?? I remember cracking open a bottle of beer to celebrate in relief and fairly sure that wasn't at 8.30 am :lol::lol::lol: maybe I had to wait until I got back from work or something to celebrate and might be thinking that's why I thought it was later in the evening.
The news broke straight after Everton thrashed us. That was an evening/late afternoon game I think.

Smoking_Owl

The official announcement was at 8.30 am but we all knew the previous day at around 1pm, hence your bottle of beer.

United sent out a brief and there was uproar over it. Gary Neville in particular was very vocal about it.

NinjaFletch

It was strongly rumoured (/leaked) that it would happen during the day, but not confirmed until late on in the evening.

Robertd0803

I still don't understand how a small minority were vehemently opposed to sacking him. Mind boggling stuff.
Someone deadly serious made the claim to me a few weeks ago saying him and LVG should have been given more time. I answered that LvG was given 6 months longer than he should have and Moyes was given 8 months too much.

GJNJ

I think it was breifed/leaked the evening before, but the official announcment wat the following morning.

Robertd0803

The official announcement was at 8.30 am but we all knew the previous day at around 1pm, hence your bottle of beer.

United sent out a brief and there was uproar over it. Gary Neville in particular was very vocal about it.
It was strongly rumoured (/leaked) that it would happen during the day, but not confirmed until late on in the evening.
Ah yes, cheers, makes way more sense now.

JB7

The news broke on the Bank Holiday Monday but was confirmed by the club early on the Tuesday morning - roughly 8:30am.

NinjaFletch

The news broke on the Bank Holiday Monday but was confirmed by the club early on the Tuesday morning - roughly 8:30am.
Huh, you're right. The clubs tweet about it was sent out at 12.30 AM on Tuesday 22nd so must have broke the next morning after being leaked the night before.

Smoking_Owl

Slightly off-topic, but why are ESPN getting these exclusive interviews and reveals? Has Woody sold the rights to those too?
I was thinking that the club wouldn't be happy with that but he might have been given permission given Pogba did it with him.

I've never seen MUTV not have the exclusive interview after signing the player. Although the circumstances are a bit different here given Lukaku was already in LA

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Slightly off-topic, but why are ESPN getting these exclusive interviews and reveals? Has Woody sold the rights to those too?
I think it's only cause he's currently in LA. They're an American broadcaster

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I was thinking that the club wouldn't be happy with that but he might have been given permission given Pogba did it with him.

I've never seen MUTV not have the exclusive interview after signing the player. Although the circumstances are a bit different here given Lukaku was already in LA
Yeah does a little bizarre but like you said I think it's due to the whole LA thing. We needed to get something out there to keep up the momentum until MUTV got there for all the official stuff that will surely be coming very soon.

Robertd0803

I think it was breifed/leaked the evening before, but the official announcment wat the following morning.
Huh, you're right. The clubs tweet about it was sent out at 12.30 AM on Tuesday 22nd so must have broke the next morning after being leaked the night before.
And wasn't the story that we briefed everyone unofficially bar Moyes? Wasn't that why Gary Neville was going mental? Funny how I remember so little of that looking back.

Anyway enough of me de-railing the thread, its a bit odd that ESPN got the interview considering we have our own TV channel to pedal the exclusive first interview.

Oscie

And wasn't the story that we briefed everyone unofficially bar Moyes? Wasn't that why Gary Neville was going mental? Funny how I remember so little of that looking back.

Anyway enough of me de-railing the thread, its a bit odd that ESPN got the interview considering we have our own TV channel to pedal the exclusive first interview.
ESPN gives us more exposure in the US than channel virtually no body there has

GJNJ

It was probably the beer mate.

I think Moyes probably did know it was coming as the next morning as he was there with the managers association guy to negoitiate the deal. I think it just suited the poor David story to say that everyone knew except him.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Irish newspaper, the Evening Herald has printed a picture of Stormzy alongside its story about Lukaku. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.