Romero staying

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
People who say Kane lacks ambition do you have same opinion on Sergio? Genuine question.
I do. I mean, sure it's great news for us to have him as 2nd choice, but he's better than that. He should be playing regularly. He might not be able to find an elite club at which to start regularly, but surely the point of being a footballer is to actually play.
I've always had this issue with good back-up keepers. At least outfield players get to come on regularly, but for keepers they're unlikely to get more than a handful of games each year if they're not first choice.

I dunno. Personally, I wouldn't be able to do it. Sure, you might get paid well and you might win things, but how much enjoyment can you get when you didn't really contribute to that success.

Despite all that, I'm glad he's staying. As far as we're concerned it's great to have such a quality keeper in reserve.

irbonev

Not sure what is the rationale behind him staying, apart from Mourinho wanting two very experienced keepers. Another possibility is obviously DDG situation.
Should have promoted Perreira/Johnstone to second and third keeper respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

izec

He failed as a starter many many times. Kane didnt even try, while Romero had the pleasure to play for different clubs and got benched quite quickly. He could give it another go, but he found his place and role. Jose loves him and he can pick up some silverware.