Romero staying

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

redchamp

Does anyone else feel the urge to hug him? Seems like the nicest guy in the world

Raw

I like that he's so happy staying as a very dependable backup. He could play first team football for quite a lot of decent clubs.

Norris

Excellent news. Easily the best backup keeper in the league and quite a few other top leagues!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
When is Dave's contract going to be announced ffs?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Brilliant news. Our best back up keeper of all time, i never feel worried when he steps in for Dave.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
We must be paying him handsomely, because he could clearly spend these years as first choice at a pretty good club, instead of being backup to de Gea.

I'm glad he decides to stick around, though, because there aren't many clubs out there with a better second choice GK!

witchtrials

Hopefully not because he senses that the number 1 shirt is about to be vacated...

Good news though, he's a very decent keeper and we've done well to have him stick around at a time when usurping the main choice is nigh on impossible.

Minimalist

Such an odd choice as much as I appreciate it.

Could easily be no.1 at a good club in the PL or elsewhere in Europe. I mean, I know this is plain obvious but he's better than all of Arsenal's and Liverpool's keepers for a start.

Castia

Great for us but he's too good to be a #2

Part of me wishes he'd go get himself a club he's a brilliant keeper.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If DDG did happen to leave I would be quite happy for Romero to become first choice.

I love players who don't bitch in the press about things and he's one of them.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Great news. Really surprised he's prepared to be so loyal given he'd be first choice for many top teams. He must be what, 3rd or 4th best keeper in the league?

stubie

Best 2nd choice keeper we have had since Raimond Van Der Gouw

gr3yham3

Glad to hear that. I saw those quotes yesterday but forgot to post them here. Great GK and great character too. Very glad to have him with us. Good to see that Jose lets him play quite a few games in a season as well.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good, he is a decent keeper, there are not many teams who even have a decent first choice keeper, let alone a number 2 who is.

Smores

Either he just likes the money or Jose has done some brilliant man management with him to make him feel valued.

Great to have him but i agree its an odd choice

As great as it is it does seem odd. He's easily good enough to start for a team in a top league. It's hard to understand why he's so content to stay knowing he will hardly ever get to play.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't get why Argentina wouldn't appreciate him as their GK, he is good. Love his loyalty and he will probably get more love here as a second GK than if he tries to go out and establish himself for another team. Seems a nice guy, but his best bet at winning trophies is right where he is, so it makes sense.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wasn't happy with him signing for us originally as I never rated him, but he proved me dead wrong. Fantastic — and utterly dependable player.

flappyjay

Great news now get Dean Henderson to sign a contract then send him and Joel Pereira on long term loan deals. If their development goes well they could be fighting to be number one in 3-4 years

Renegade

People who say Kane lacks ambition do you have same opinion on Sergio? Genuine question.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I must say I find it odd that an international keeper is relatively happy to sit on the bench, as he has done for most of his career, but he's been a top pro for us so as long as he's happy with the situation I'm happy to have him at United, seems a good keeper and a good guy.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I must say I find it odd that an international keeper is relatively happy to sit on the bench, as he has done for most of his career, but he's been a top pro for us so as long as he's happy with the situation I'm happy to have him at United, seems a good keeper and a good guy.
It's not odd. If his position in the NT would be under threat, he would look for a move to play more. Since that isn't the case, he has no incentive to do that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's not odd. If his position in the NT would be under threat, he would look for a move to play more. Since that isn't the case, he has no incentive to do that.
Fair point, if he's still first choice for Argentina there's no immediate need for him to change but I still find it odd in that no other national number one for a top nation is number two for their club (as far as I know).