RonalBooooooooo!!

RUCK4444

I happen to dislike people who are alleged rapists.
Here we go. If I claim you did something horrific and your not found guilty of it, would you be happy if the world viewed you differently and labelled you? Is that fair?

It’s just something for people who already dislike him to use as a stick to beat him with, and that’s painfully obvious.

iHicksy

They boo players like Ronaldo because they know he can do the most damage so they want to put him under pressure. This might work with the mentally weaker players like Sterling etc but with Ronaldo he thrives off that kind of stuff.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Here we go. If I claim you did something horrific and your not found guilty of it, would you be happy if the world viewed you differently and labelled you? Is that fair?

It’s just something for people who already dislike him to use as a stick to beat him with, and that’s painfully obvious.
I think if you actually took some time to read up on the allegations, you’d find that they are quite credible and paint a very dark picture of Ronaldo.

Cloud7

Ronaldo seems like the kind of player who feeds off of boos just as much as, if not more than, cheers. I can just imagine him loving scoring against a stadium full of boos and doing his celebration. Siiiuuuuu.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I think I support these types of players because the amount of criticism they get is just totally over the top. Neymar's another one I forgot to add there. Football fans love a narrative, and once one sticks on a player it's so hard to scrub off.
Yep good point too, sports journalism is truly in the gutter and feeds off the tribalism, and once you're painted as flamboyant, arrogant etc then everything you do gets exaggerated. It's easy to want to defend those who are branded as 'the bad guy' just for being themselves.
Fans feed into the frenzy too, added to the overall lack of comprehension when it comes to reading things online you get a toxic mess that we're left with now.

RUCK4444

I think if you actually took some time to read up on the allegations, you’d find that they are quite credible and paint a very dark picture of Ronaldo.
Every allegation of rape will paint a dark picture by the very nature of the allegation. Doesn't mean you have to treat the accused guilty until proven innocent.

Smores

Every allegation of rape will paint a dark picture by the very nature of the allegation. Doesn't mean you have to treat the accused guilty until proven innocent.
I can only assume HTG is some master sleuth who knows better than the authorities. I'm sure he/she hasn't just read a few articles and therefore thinks they can judge someone a rapist.

RUCK4444

I can only assume HTG is some master sleuth who knows better than the authorities. I'm sure he/she hasn't just read a few articles and therefore thinks they can judge someone a rapist.
Indeed. Shame the conversation is reduced to this really.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That must be it.
https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349-amp.html
You might want to give this a read. The allegations are very credible. That’s all I’m saying on the matter, as I think the Spiegel leaks are more than enough to come to a conclusion.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think I support these types of players because the amount of criticism they get is just totally over the top. Neymar's another one I forgot to add there. Football fans love a narrative, and once one sticks on a player it's so hard to scrub off.
There are more personality types than either arrogant or boring.

I find it much easier to warm to humble footballers with a reputation for being decent people away from the pitch (Kante, Rashford) then arrogant tossers like Neymar.

Or even someone quirky and different like DCL would also be much more likeable.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...emerge-in-rape-allegations-a-1241349-amp.html
You might want to give this a read. The allegations are very credible. That’s all I’m saying on the matter, as I think the Spiegel leaks are more than enough to come to a conclusion.
Here we fecking go again - we have ALL read these links you are producing several years ago. The documents in question are obtained illegally through hacking and Ronaldo’s lawyers have contested their validity. That‘s where we are at.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
They boo players like Ronaldo because they know he can do the most damage so they want to put him under pressure. This might work with the mentally weaker players like Sterling etc but with Ronaldo he thrives off that kind of stuff.
How is Sterling mentally weak? What a ridiculous statement.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ronaldos's just a bit polarising is all. I mean he does walk around like a prat with his dumb siuuuuu and waxed chest.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hardly surprising, he's been "divisive" since day 1. Partly because of the criticism that he was a diving show-pony early on, then the general sense that he was arrogant and narcissistic across his career, then the Messi v Ronaldo thing which pitted one half of a bunch of internet weirdos against him, then the fact that he has played for clubs who attract a fair share of haters themselves anyway and then on top of that the very credible rape accusation.

It all adds to someone people will be inclined to dislike somewhat.

Red_Aaron

Playing for Man Utd, Real and Juve probably also doesn't help given that they're very much the teams everyone loves to beat in their respective leagues

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Here we fecking go again - we have ALL read these links you are producing several years ago. The documents in question are obtained illegally through hacking and Ronaldo’s lawyers have contested their validity. That‘s where we are at.
Well then nobody should start threads asking why the man is disliked. It’s not like the other reasons discussed are any newer. I dislike the man because he’s being credibly accused of rape. If people can’t deal with others citing their reasons for dislike towards the man, maybe they should avoid a thread specifically devoted to the topic.

SirAF

Ageist
Well then nobody should start threads asking why the man is disliked. It’s not like the other reasons discussed are any newer. I dislike the man because he’s being credibly accused of rape. If people can’t deal with others citing their reasons for dislike towards the man, maybe they should avoid a thread specifically devoted to the topic.
Ok.

Too bad the judge doesn’t share your views.

SirAF

Ageist
If they weren’t, he wouldn’t have paid 375.000$ to make them go away.
Look, this has also been discussed to death. Settlements are normal in the world of celebrities - they are not an admission of guilt.

Maticmaker

This.

You could argue that booing oppo players is designed to throw them of their game, but we all know that doesn’t work with Ronaldo - it merely fuels him.
Quote from Roger Byrne, RIP United's (pre Munich Capt)...."I like it when opposing fans boo me, I know I am having a good game"

HTG

Supports
Bayern
At no point did any judge deem that the accusations weren't credible.
Yeah, but how are they going to support their views without lying? Makes things much more difficult.

Dan_F

It depends. Did the other poster admit to their lawyer that they had committed the crime and that be openly available for everyone to see, but not able to be used in court? It’s not as black and white as you’re making it for a lot of people.

Personally, I’m fine with disconnecting reality and football. I’ll sing his songs and still be able to debate these subjects in a non biased way, but I know it’s a problem (or not) for a lot of fans.

beer&grill

Happens to many GOATs. You can see it in Formula 1, people love to hate Lewis Hamilton even though he is class on and off the track.

SirAF

Ageist
It depends. Did the other poster admit to their lawyer that they had committed the crime and that be openly available for everyone to see, but not able to be used in court? It’s not as black and white as you’re making it for a lot of people.

Personally, I’m fine with disconnecting reality and football. I’ll sing his songs and still be able to debate these subjects in a non biased way, but I know it’s a problem (or not) for a lot of fans.
You are right about something, it‘s not black and white.

Peter S Christiansen, a Las Vegas-based attorney, was hired by Ronaldo last week after Mayorga went public with her claims. In a statement released via the player’s representatives, Christiansen says documents that apparently show Ronaldo acknowledging he had sex with Mayorga without her consent had been fabricated by hackers.

“The documents that allegedly contain statements by Cristiano Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure inventions,” Christiansen said. “So there are no doubts: Cristiano Ronaldo vehemently denies all the accusations in this civil action, in consistency with what he has done in the last nine years.
Does this 100% for sure mean that the documents are false? No, but at best they are dodgy. Yet, people like HTG take them as a gospel.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I work in the Justice system, there's no smoke without fire on these allegations. How many times have you been accused of rape?

The attitudes that have flooded in since my earlier post say it all really.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
You are right about something, it‘s not black and white.

Does this 100% for sure mean that the documents are false? No, but at best they are dodgy. Yet, people like HTG take them as a gospel.
Don't need to read his 'admission' to think the alleged victims' account is fairly credible. Particularly when you've already read hundreds of these accounts anyway.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Don't need to read his 'admission' to think the alleged victims' account is fairly credible. Particularly when you've already read hundreds of these accounts anyway.
Didn’t you pay attention? He paid 375.000$ over nothing. A completely normal thing for celebs. It’s just so easy to profit off of them. If I accused him of raping me, he would have no other choice but to pay me 375.000$. I wouldn’t even need any evidence whatsoever. That’s just how these things work.

iHicksy

How is Sterling mentally weak? What a ridiculous statement.
No it's not.

Do you actually watch City? He's always had problems with his mental toughness. I've seen games where he's absolutely dropped off a cliff due to getting boo's and abuse thrown at him. His best run of form came when City were playing behind closed doors and they was zero fan pressure on him. Again, for city since fans have been allowed back in he's gone to shit. So much so that City are looking at selling him at a time when they don't even play with a number 9. He went to a psychiatrist at numerous times throughout his career to try and improve his mental toughness. I'd love to know how you define someone who's mentally strong, because the above isn't it. The likes of Ronaldo, Keane, Gerrard etc are mentally strong players. Raheem ain't.

SirAF

Ageist
Didn’t you pay attention? He paid 375.000$ over nothing. A completely normal thing for celebs. It’s just so easy to profit off of them. If I accused him of raping me, he would have no other choice but to pay me 375.000$. I wouldn’t even need any evidence whatsoever. That’s just how these things work.
:lol:

RUCK4444

All that’s been thrown into doubt though hasn’t it, wasn’t acceptable as evidence which throws into doubt it’s validity. It’s was being leaked with a load of other football ‘stuff’ at the time and it’s impossible to determine that aspect to be legit.

RUCK4444

Ironically that is how it works, most celebs know that it’s better (at any cost) to avoid public accusations like this because, as we’ve seen in this very thread, people will apportion guilt regardless, they are labelled and tainted by it.

That doesn’t mean celebs don’t do bad things, just that it better to settle out of court than allow people the chance to label you.

bakalhau

I'll never forget when Ronaldo faced Northern Ireland and they chanted Messi all game, and booed him, only for him to score an hattrick and be subbed off, and half the stadium actually clapped him when the sub happened. That was one of the quickest turn arounds I've seen :lol:

big rons sovereign

Adebayor when he scored against Arsenal, he didn’t antagonise them at all and showed class and respect.
Arsenal fans giving it large all game then getting all precious when it comes back.
It was the same with Ronnie at Highbury in the 4-2 game.
They didn't like being told to shush despite having acted like total nobs all night.
Ronnie loves it though.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Ironically that is how it works, most celebs know that it’s better (at any cost) to avoid public accusations like this because, as we’ve seen in this very thread, people will apportion guilt regardless, they are labelled and tainted by it.

That doesn’t mean celebs don’t do bad things, just that it better to settle out of court than allow people the chance to label you.
Yeah, if you actually believe this there’s nothing I can do for you.