Ronaldinho: the greatest entertainer...

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
If you asked me who I'd want in my team, for guaranteed success, over a long period, I'd say Messi or C.Ronaldo.
If you asked me who I'd rather go see play every week, it would be Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (El Fenomeno).

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Think of how close we were to getting him. Sick! If they’d still gone for ronaldo after that same friendly? That’s a recruitment team that’s at the top of its game. It Would have been sick! He was unstoppable in his prime. No doubt.

Varun

Staff
If you asked me who I'd want in my team, for guaranteed success, over a long period, I'd say Messi or C.Ronaldo.
If you asked me who I'd rather go see play every week, it would be Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (El Fenomeno).
Yep

RUCK4444

Feck me, it's sad that somebody that brought much joy and entertainment to people would wind up where he is now.

One of my all time favorite players.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very strange situation, read about it but no explanation why he's using a fake Paraguayan passport?

MS4

Please let that sink in.

He is only 1 year old than Zlatan and only 4 years older than Ronaldo.
I wish his peak or even his career had lasted a bit longer

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Please let that sink in.

He is only 1 year old than Zlatan and only 4 years older than Ronaldo.
I wish his peak or even his career had lasted a bit longer
That's crazy. His peak was indeed very short, but what a peak it was.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
How do you even get into this situation as a professional footballer. His accountant has screwed him over or something ?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's so fecking stupid. A few years ago he lost a multi-million $ Coca Cola sponsorship because he drank Pepsi in a live press conference :houllier:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
If you’re gonna get a fake passport, why not get a fake Brazilian one? Especially when literally every single person in the country knows who you are.
Ronaldinho is the guy who lost a lucrative Coca Cola endorsement after he drank Pepsi on a live televised press conference.

He’s never been the brightest.

Still love him though.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He's so fecking stupid. A few years ago he lost a multi-million $ Coca Cola sponsorship because he drank Pepsi in a live press conference :houllier:
I love how we both made the same point one minute apart :lol:

Tarrou

the goal from the edge of the box against Chelsea is one of my all time favourite goals, to score from there with zero back-lift is just ridiculous - what a player

only saw him live once in his prime (and a few times when he was well past it) but so glad I got that opportunity

Chairman Woodie

Is there anything that makes this man frown? Love it that he's flashing the trademark grin.
If he can flash his trademark grin while languishing in a Paraguayan prison, I doubt anything bothers him.

What possessed him to use a fake passport? Did he seriously think he wouldn't be recognised?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Women and booze are not the main reason of his downfall. I think he didn't like competitive football that much.

If you look at Romário, who also liked women and booze and was known to be the first to arrive the training ground because he came directly from the night clubs, he hired a personal trainer and a nutritionist in order to keep himself fit while doing excesses, and also he had a very competitive personality.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
That's not true. In Sir Bobby's autobiography he says Romario was a dreadful trainer.

Is Ronaldinho the last truly 'fun' player? I know Neymar is capable but he's wasting his time playing with farmers. Hazard and Martial have a bit of that I suppose and I've seen that St Maximan do it, but where are the truly great players who try ridiculous things now? It feels like that sort of player is nearly extinct. Now we have to put up with the likes of Mo Salah.
And I totally agree. That's why he had a personal staff: he could care less about training, but somehow he had the drive to keep himself in decent shape. He was practically sleeping while training :D

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How do you even get into this situation as a professional footballer. His accountant has screwed him over or something ?
Him and his brother were sentenced to pay a very large fine over a property development project gone wrong in Brazil. The Brazilian authorities got permission to size Ronaldinho's bank accounts, but found only a grand total of 5 dollars in them. His passport has been confiscated until such a time that he pays the fine.

Ronaldinho has a shoe deal with Nike, has released a book, which is partly why he's in Paraguay, has regular engagements simply for being Ronaldinho. Essentially he is still a very affluent man, and he's hiding the dough from the authorities.

He bought a fake passport to be able to travel, but is now cooperating with the authorities in Paraguay and has given up names. He's likely to be released from prison soon, since the reports indicated that the law enforcement agencies are interested in the big fish, not the smalltime customers. He's buying his freedoom for cooperation essentially.

A truly greasy affair as Bubbles would say.

GMoore23

Is there anything that makes this man frown? Love it that he's flashing the trademark grin.
I think he has what Joaquin Phoenix's Joker has. Can't help it even when he's breaking up inside.

meamth

Why brazilians loves to party so much?

What is it with getting drunk? I'm a muslim by the way.

youngrell

That's not true. In Sir Bobby's autobiography he says Romario was a dreadful trainer.

Is Ronaldinho the last truly 'fun' player? I know Neymar is capable but he's wasting his time playing with farmers. Hazard and Martial have a bit of that I suppose and I've seen that St Maximan do it, but where are the truly great players who try ridiculous things now? It feels like that sort of player is nearly extinct. Now we have to put up with the likes of Mo Salah.
Sadly, skill and entertainment has been gradually replaced by athleticism and efficiency.

Everything is system this, system that and players are given very few tasks to do within that system, which can often be boring IMO. Hopefully we see some sort of resurgence of ability over physical prowess and we get some entertainers back.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
My all time favourite player, just a joy to watch. Few players can put a smile on your face as you’re watching them. He’s one of a kind. Sad that his peak didn’t last longer.

gulli_G

Exact same for me, they were both thrill a minute players, when they got the ball you expected magic.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Isn't he rich? Why would he want to use fake passport, when he could immigrate to any country he want?

MS4

Did he even need a passport? I thought brazilians can travel to paraguay without one