Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

b82REZ

Well, if that's the case then it should be expired once a season ends. The Cavani situation was similar too, they bided their time and then whacked him with a racism charge with no contextual sense.

Also, why would the FA need to wait for a criminal investigation to end? Could a club then through its associates file a criminal complaint if it's useful to delay a potential ban and then withdraw said complaint?
Because if he was found not guilty of any offence they can't charge him.

#W203_Red

I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist or anything like that but timing is interesting with us on the up and the small matter of the derby at the weekend… Quite a big headline Ronaldo missing the derby and does pose us problems with Rashford and Martial injured the last few games…

He does however deserve to be reprimanded for his actions.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
And Ronaldo will pay for it, right? But let's not pretend like that 'fan' was in their rights. It's a scummy thing to do and it provoked an equally scummy reaction.
Should he not?

I don’t condone people doing what either of them did but it’s not quite equal now is it?
people who advocate violence against children are 'opinions' in my book
:lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Jesus, what's next, ban him for celebrating too wildly against spurs back in 09?

phelans shorts

Surely the club as recourse to take this up with the FA on the grounds that it's so long after the fact and such an easy thing to "investigate". I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a ban or whatever (no opinion really) but there needs to be pressure on the FA to fix their dysfunctional bureaucracy for as it stands it affects the integrity of the game.
You’re wrong.

The FA couldn’t act until this month as it was a police matter, who are significantly above the FA in the pecking order of punishments. He only got cautioned last month.

georgipep

Should he not?

I don’t condone people doing what either of them did but it’s not quite equal now is it?
:lol:
Never said he shouldn't. It's actually sad that it took the authorities 5 months to react. Shows where their priorities are (unless waiting to see if there will be other charges against Ronaldo).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Can't really comment on the child but parents who allow their children to behave as hooligans don't rank high in my book.
Hooligans? :lol: :lol: .14y old autistic kid who wanted to take a photo of a player is a hooligan now? Oh my God, this is pure gold comment.

Ffs people, what is the matter with some of you?! On kids you don't lay a finger on. Period. Full stop. No if or but.
Seriously, what the feck is with some of you?

RedDevil@84

Hooligans? :lol: :lol: .14y old autistic kid who wanted to take a photo of a player is a hooligan now? Oh my God, this is pure gold comment.

Ffs people, what is the matter with some of you?! On kids you don't lay a finger on. Period. Full stop. No if or but.
Seriously, what the feck is with some of you?
Not related to this particular case, but that will be a dumb take when it comes to teenage kids. They are not exactly innocent like a toddler. They can do some serious damage if they want to.