Ronaldo creates groupings and disrupt the United locker room?

Polar

Interesting article: https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/hev...rupperinger-i-united-garderoben/s/5-95-468330

Google translate:

Players dread going to work
The editor of united.no, Dag Langerød, believes, however, that what Ronaldo does on the pitch does not overshadow the unrest he creates in the United locker room. Langerød says that he has heard from several sources in Manchester United, that Ronaldo is helping to create so much horror that people are afraid to go to work.

[…] From what I've heard, Ronaldo is a big part of the problem. Langerød says that Ronaldo is a big part of the clique that takes place in the locker room, at the same time as he and the others in the Portuguese's gang talk condescendingly about other players on the team.

- It's as if you are in a workplace where you have a very capable colleague, but who is an asshole.

According to Langerød, Manchester United will regret that they bought Cristiano Ronaldo

[…] Langerød finds it difficult to share this information, and says that he fully understands that people are upset that someone in his position has these opinions.

- Those who create trouble are often very good at saying the right things in the media. Ordinary people see Ronaldo score goals and say the right things, but internally the perception is completely different.
END.

Haven’t found other articles about “Ronaldo behaves like an "asshole" towards teammates”.

Some truth in this? I've had my suspicions for a while:

It’s insane how quick things changed. Last season the dressing room was settled and the group looked harmonic. The British fraction was in charge and maintained order in the ranks.

What changed during the summer?

Varane and Ronaldo joined the group.The British fraction was suddenly marginalised and replaced by Varane, Pogba, Bruno and Ronaldo (I’m sure neither DVB, Matic or Bailly were sorry for that). Suddenly the British players look miserable and start underperforming more than anybody else.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Our British players are a bunch of losers with inflated egos, on massive wages. If they've been marginalised I'm glad. Hopefully they all leave.

Last edited:

El Zoido

The British faction was shite though. Bunch of losers that hadn’t won anything in their careers. So who cares, they should be the first out the door.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
My Norwegian is not so good and I read it on my phone but there is no direct sourcing in that article than putting together all the comments from Buffon at Juventus along with recent comments from Scholes, Keane and McTominay and painting a picture that the squad wasn’t ready for a Ronaldo.

ShinjiNinja26

A pile of shite i suspect. People are desperate to discredit Ronaldo but without him where would we be this season? He’s the least of our problems. If everyone in the squad had his mentality we wouldn’t be in this position.

Polar

Google translate:

The editor of united.no, Dag Langerød, believes, however, that what Ronaldo does on the pitch does not overshadow the unrest he creates in the United locker room. Langerød says that he has heard from several sources in Manchester United, that Ronaldo is helping to create so much horror that people are afraid to go to work.[…] From what I've heard, Ronaldo is a big part of the problem.

Langerød says that Ronaldo is a big part of the clique that takes place in the locker room, at the same time as he and the others in the Portuguese's gang talk condescendingly about other players on the team.

- It's as if you are in a workplace where you have a very capable colleague, but who is an asshole.

According to Langerød, Manchester United will regret that they bought Cristiano Ronaldo […]

Langerød finds it difficult to share this information, and says that he fully understands that people are upset that someone in his position has these opinions.

- Those who create trouble are often very good at saying the right things in the media. Ordinary people see Ronaldo score goals and say the right things, but internally the perception is completely different.

Polar

My Norwegian is not so good and I read it on my phone but there is no direct sourcing in that article than putting together all the comments from Buffon at Juventus along with recent comments from Scholes, Keane and McTominay and painting a picture that the squad wasn’t ready for a Ronaldo.
Added a Google translate post with essentials :)

Seriously, who gives a monkies feck what “Dag Langerød” believes.

If players lost their shit because one of the best players ever demanded more of them, I know who’s fecking side every single Manchester United fan should be on, including this nobody Dan.

As for his utter bollocks “I’ve heard”, from who? You’re a fecking nobody, you’re not even a journalist, you work for a United branch. It’s the equivalent of interviewing some caftard.

Ollie Derbyshire

If they‘re afraid to go to work because of Ronaldo they need to sort themselves out. Man up and get on with it.

Polar

If players lost their shit because one of the best players ever demanded more of them, I know who’s fecking side every single Manchester United fan should be on, including this nobody Dan.
I don’t care what Dag believes, but he’s been leader for the Norwegian supporter base for several years and is pretty close to the club; network inside and close to the club. So I’m more concerned about the facts he’s been told. I don’t think it’s much difference between his network and journalist operating close with United.

SirAF

Ageist
I don’t care what Dag believes, but he’s been leader for the Norwegian supporter base for several years and is pretty close to the club; network inside and close to the club. So I’m more concerned about the facts he’s been told. I don’t think it’s much difference between his network and journalist operating close with United.
He really should be ashamed for sharing this information.

Revaulx

Elanga looks like he has a great relationship with Ronaldo.

I’d much rather trust his judgment than either some random Norwegian journo or most of United’s entitled bunch of wasters.

Maybe he can tell a bunch of losers when he sees them. Our British faction have achieved nothing and underperformed on a weekly basis.

Hoof the ball

What's the matter? Shaw pissed off because Ronaldo's good habits and professionalism finally got chips off the menu? Rashford throwing a strop because he's being outrun by a 37 year old and shown up? Maguire throwing a hissy because Ronaldo is the de-facto captain and he can't handle it? Lingard moping because sales of JLingz accessories have dipped considerably now CR7 is in town?

Murmur, murmur, murmur.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but United has always had a latin clique. All you have to do is look at the club photographs and Mata, Pereira, Bruno, De Gea, Dalot, Telles, Cavani, etc, are always in close proximity to one another.

Dag knows feck all. As I say, he’s barely a journo.

He’s a shit Andy Tate or Pete Boyle rip off, and I wouldn’t trust a word they have “heard either”.

He’s letting you pretend he has contacts and a network that could tell him this, he doesn’t. Let’s take the razor to it, why the feck would some nobody from Norway be the sole owner of that information ? :lol:

SirAF

Ageist

He’s a shit Andy Tate or Pete Boyle rip off, and I wouldn’t trust a word they have “heard either”.

He’s letting you pretend he has contacts and a network that could tell him this, he doesn’t. Let’s take the razor to it, why the feck would some nobody from Norway be the sole owner of that information ? :lol:
Yeah. I mean, none of them are «real» journalists ffs - they’re a supporter’s club! Which is why it’s such a dick move to reveal this information, regardless of it being true or false.

I call bullshit.
He’s probably spent months calling Ronaldo the problem, and meaning “on the pitch”, now he looks like a mug, and after Scholes comment, it’s “oh yeah, the big problem isn’t his goals, it’s him fecking up the dressing room.”

Rio knows nothing about it, nor does Keane, but hey, Dan does :lol: kin ell

Oldyella

Maybe he can tell a bunch of losers when he sees them. Our British faction have achieved nothing and underperformed on a weekly basis.
It's going so much better now the Portuguese faction are in charge...

Who knows if it's true or not. I imagine Ronaldo can be pretty scathing when things aren't going well, but personally think these stories just make good copy and we are an easy target as things have gone to shit on the pitch.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ronaldo has never ever been cited as a poor influence in the dressing room in any of his past teams.

It's BS.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He’s probably spent months calling Ronaldo the problem, and meaning “on the pitch”, now he looks like a mug, and after Scholes comment, it’s “oh yeah, the big problem isn’t his goals, it’s him fecking up the dressing room.”

Rio knows nothing about it, nor does Keane, but hey, Dan does :lol: kin ell
How would an obscure Norwegian journalist know about United's lockerroom in the first place.

Yeah. I mean, none of them are «real» journalists ffs - they’re a supporter’s club!
which is exactly what I’m saying.

Dan gets the word “barely” cause he did a little journalism for an online Norwegian paper for 10 years before becoming what is a essentially a fanzine editor for the past 12 years or so.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Cliques or no cliques, doesn't change the fact that Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, McTominay etc. are and have been shit. Ronaldo didn't cause that

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Was never a fan of Ronaldo coming back but he has shone a light on some of our overhyped players. If it means we're rid of this element It will have worked out well.
Me neither but I’m glad he’s upset the Apple cart to this extent that we can weed out some of the overpaid previously untouchable players. I can understand how something like a major shift in the dressing room would occur with someone like Ronaldo and Varane arriving and taking over. The cold fact is they are the only ones who’ve won anything in this club. For better or worse. Players who sulk when challenged are clearly not the answer.

Polar

Elanga looks like he has a great relationship with Ronaldo.

I’d much rather trust his judgment than either some random Norwegian journo or most of United’s entitled bunch of wasters.
Dag Langerød concretize the general problem stated by Scholes/Lingard, so it kind of make sense.

What I dont trust is (official) statements from players :lol:

Polar

Cliques or no cliques, doesn't change the fact that Rashford, Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, McTominay etc. are and have been shit. Ronaldo didn't cause that
Agree that they’ve been shit. But why have they been shit. Why do you exclude work environment and Ronald’s impact on it?

So I checked it out….

Is anyone here at all surprised that this numpty Dan has spent the entire season blaming Ronaldo, especially putting blame on him for, wait for it, Ole’s firing.

Even leading up to his sacking he was creating a “it’s all Ronaldo’s fault narrative for messing up the team on the field ”. These fecking noggies man :lol:

After going balls deep on it, he’d prefer to make up a load of bullshit about “ok, he’s been good on the pitch, but….” rather than simply admit he was wrong.

Utter horseshit. Ole was wank, Ralf was shite, and Dan was shite. Appears Ralf is the only one willing to admit he’s gotten stuff wrong.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Interesting article: https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/hev...rupperinger-i-united-garderoben/s/5-95-468330

Google translate:

The editor of united.no, Dag Langerød, believes, however, that what Ronaldo does on the pitch does not overshadow the unrest he creates in the United locker room. Langerød says that he has heard from several sources in Manchester United, that Ronaldo is helping to create so much horror that people are afraid to go to work.

[…] From what I've heard, Ronaldo is a big part of the problem. Langerød says that Ronaldo is a big part of the clique that takes place in the locker room, at the same time as he and the others in the Portuguese's gang talk condescendingly about other players on the team.

According to Langerød, Manchester United will regret that they bought Cristiano Ronaldo

[…] Langerød finds it difficult to share this information, and says that he fully understands that people are upset that someone in his position has these opinions.

END.

Haven’t found other articles about “Ronaldo behaves like an "asshole" towards teammates”.

Some truth in this? I've had my suspicions for a while:
You make a good point. I just don't think the unraveling of the dressing room this season hurts us in the long run.

That British lot was never going to win us a trophy of any significance, anyway.

Real Madrid didn't have these issues. Probably because Big Benz, Ramos, etc didn't have such a weak mental and were better players.

Saying "Ronaldo's the problem" as some have (not you), conveniently ignores this. We've had dressing rooms issues for a while now. It's turned out Ole just put a band aid on it and Ronnie's arrival ripped it up.

It's that Ronaldo's fault? I don't know.

Foxbatt

Agree that they’ve been shit. But why have they been shit. Why do you exclude work environment and Ronald’s impact on it?
Ronaldo has been a professional and he demands good work ethics. Good on him for spoiling their comfort zone.

Grande

As for his utter bollocks “I’ve heard”, from who? You’re a fecking nobody, you’re not even a journalist, you work for a United branch. It’s the equivalent of interviewing some caftard.
Coming across as a bit defensive here? I don’t find it strange that you don’t know who Dag Langerød is - at all - but a bit odd that you know for a fact he is ‘nobody’ when you don’t know who he is. For all you know, he could be Rangnik’s secret wife…

In fact, he has been professionally hired for many years as editor for the journalistic output of the Scandinavian Branch, which has unreasonable amounts of money and hire people based on criterions of journalism that are quite decent. He is well connected through his job, and is known for being a sober and cautious writer whose journalistic weakness is that he’ll defend anything ‘United’ longer than most. When he writes that he has several sources at the club saying this, I am very inclined to believe he has.

On another hand, sources is not the same as the horse’s mouth. Messages get distirted and affected by viewpoint, as you rightly point out. On a third hand, there is the possibility that things are even worse than it sounds too …

I am not gonna stamp Ronaldo based on hearsay (which it is), but neither am I going to dismiss out of hand the possibility that Ronaldo could have the effect on some players now that Ruud had on Ronaldo in Fergie’s time. We’ll just have to trust Erik to straighten this out, he’ll find out fore sure if it’s true.

SirAF

Ageist

Is anyone here at all surprised that this numpty Dan has spent the entire season blaming Ronaldo, especially putting blame on him for, wait for it, Ole’s firing.

Even leading up to his sacking he was creating a “it’s all Ronaldo’s fault narrative for messing up the team on the field ”. These fecking noggies man :lol:

After going balls deep on it, he’d prefer to make up a load of bullshit about “ok, he’s been good on the pitch, but….” rather than simply admit he was wrong.

Utter horseshit. Ole was wank, Ralf was shite, and Dan was shite. Appears Ralf is the only one willing to admit he’s gotten stuff wrong.
Yeah, he’s been a staunch Ole in and refused to blame OGS for a long time. It got so annoying I almost considered dropping my membership.

Kaushal

Dag Langerød concretize the general problem stated by Scholes/Lingard, so it kind of make sense.

What I dont trust is (official) statements from players :lol:
So you create a thread by posting some hearsay stuff heard by a fecking nobody then trying to convince posters that “ohh gosh, Dan is big”. Why ? Because you want to believe this story ? Is that it ? Or is it because he is a fan group leader or something ? United have such fan group leaders in many other countries with a much bigger fanbase than a tiny Norway with better connections with the club than this Dan too. Should we post every leader hearsay as well then ? That’s what it has come down too ? Stop posting this sort of non sensical stuff that is written in blatant negativity in the garb of some real inside info just because it aligns with your views.

Matriac

He's not "just" a nobody from Norway. He's the Editor in Chief for "United-Supporteren" the magazine and website for Manchester United Supporters Club Scandinavia (MUSCS). Which is the biggest United supporter club outside of the UK. He also has a central role in a lot of the other activities from the supporter club.

They arrange fan meetups with ex players in the Nordics, travels for matches (they have 500 or more season tickets) and much more.

I'm certain they have lots of connections with the club as they are either at OT all the time, or in touch for news on what to promote for the club through the supporters club. Building friendships with the ex-players who keep coming to Scandinavia for events as well.

If he's right in this case I won't say yes or no, but United.no usually gets their stories straight.

Mickson

He's trying to be some kind of ITK. Laughable. Utd.no is truly shit as well.

Martial

There is literally no detail about any new information in that article.