Ronaldo creates groupings and disrupt the United locker room?

lsd

The Oracle
Also worth noting that the team took to Zlatan when he arrived. He was a player with a big personality and a proven winner. He's done the same at AC Milan too. Could it be that Ronaldo is possibly going about raising the level of his teammates the wrong way?

I mean judging from how childish he acts on the pitch he could be really irritating behind closed doors. Not saying this is definitely the case but it has to be considered.

Yes Martial and Rashford were so delighted when he came in. Never saw them as happy

Kaushal

Please let me know which foreign journalists are acceptable sources if the British one's closest the club aren't credible?

He was very late to give Rashford a pat of the head. After the rest of our team went crazy after a last second winner. His behaviour when other players score goals is very subdued. You told me that the goalscorer is the one that celebrates like a mad man. That is not true, since every other player celebrated like that against West Ham.

Sorry that I'm not sucking Ronaldo's dick.
How old are you ? Have you watched Ronaldo before ? Because he has been like that all his career. He is always subdued in goal celebrations other than his own. Messi is like that too. It didn’t stop them to be ultimate professionals the game has seen. What an absolute bizarre thing to hold against him and make an accusation out of it. Says a lot about you than him. And no, no one is sucking his dick, only you are talking like that maybe that’s how you perceive things in life. People just want players to give their all on the pitch no matter you get along or not. You still play for this club and you still play for the fans and you still play for your professional pride even if the dressing room is not perfect. Pathetic post.

MUnchies

You haven't in any way. You tried to tell me that scoring a last second winner is the same as scoring an equaliser in the middle of the match. Why would our players start celebrating like crazy when the game isn't over? The season is also over, and most of them probably give no fecks any more. The situations are completely different.
No. You said Ronaldo didn’t celebrate at all against West Ham and the poster actually showed you an image where Ronaldo was celebrating. You then said but “he came to celebrate late” so you went from not celebrating to celebrating late. Yeah that’s moving the post.

The United

He was very late to give Rashford a pat of the head. After the rest of our team went crazy after a last second winner. His behaviour when other players score goals is very subdued. You told me that the goalscorer is the one that celebrates like a mad man. That is not true, since every other player celebrated like that against West Ham.

Hey, just pointing you that that statement of yours was wrong and using that to prove your argument was weak. That's all.

Not to escalate to the point with whatever you think you should or should not be doing with Ronaldo's stuff.

CloneMC16

How old are you ? Have you watched Ronaldo before ? Because he has been like that all his career. He is always subdued in goal celebrations other than his own. Messi is like that too. It didn’t stop them to be ultimate professionals the game has seen. What an absolute bizarre thing to hold against him and make an accusation out of it. Says a lot about you than him. And no, no one is sucking his dick, only you are talking like that maybe that’s how you perceive things in life. People just want players to give their all on the pitch no matter you get along or not. You still play for this club and you still play for the fans and you still play for your professional pride even if the dressing room is not perfect. Pathetic post.
Old enough to have watched him make his debut when he was first here. It says a lot about a player that can't be ecstatic for a teammate that scores an important goal. Actually, yes. Plenty of people are sucking his dick. Maybe not in this thread. I haven't read all of it. The, "we don't deserve him". "We'd be in midtable/fighting relegation if he wasn't here" people are 100% sucking his dick. There is no real difference between being 6th or 10th. Both positions are absolutely terrible. If he wasn't here, and we were lower down the table, why does that even matter? Shit is still shit. Ronaldo also played like complete shit for 2/3 months, and as soon as he starts to score a few more goals, his fanboys have returned.

We all want players that try no matter what. Where in any of my posts did I suggest that I didn't want that? I'm not one of those people that think the players haven't tried this season. I think they have tried. I do doubt Rashford based on his lack of effort. I also don't think Cavani has cared during the 2nd half of the season. The rest look like they have tried, but haven't played anywhere near as good as they're capable of playing. Some of them are also not that good. They can't do better than what they're showing. They're inconsistent, not good enough, and can't do the running required of an elite team. Part of it could be the morale around the club is making it hard for the players to perform. I don't know.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Old enough to have watched him make his debut when he was first here. It says a lot about a player that can't be ecstatic for a teammate that scores an important goal. Actually, yes. Plenty of people are sucking his dick. Maybe not in this thread. I haven't read all of it. The, "we don't deserve him". "We'd be in midtable/fighting relegation if he wasn't here" people are 100% sucking his dick. There is no real difference between being 6th or 10th. Both positions are absolutely terrible. If he wasn't here, and we were lower down the table, why does that even matter? Shit is still shit. Ronaldo also played like complete shit for 2/3 months, and as soon as he starts to score a few more goals, his fanboys have returned.

We all want players that try no matter what. Where in any of my posts did I suggest that I didn't want that? I'm not one of those people that think the players haven't tried this season. I think they have tried. I do doubt Rashford based on his lack of effort. I also don't think Cavani has cared during the 2nd half of the season. The rest look like they have tried, but haven't played anywhere near as good as they're capable of playing. Some of them are also not that good. They can't do better than what they're showing. They're inconsistent, not good enough, and can't do the running required of an elite team. Part of it could be the morale around the club is making it hard for the players to perform. I don't know.
I think you have a hate boner for Ronaldo which explains your opinions on him, since you desperately want to convince yourself you are in the right. Who cares how he celebrates as long as he's the one shining light in our season (and yes, he is that).

Btw, I didn't want him back because I thought he'd be disruptive. However, I love what this means in the context of a team full of mediocre overrated players, mostly British, who have proved time and again how they down tools and cannot be arsed (see end of season in 2019).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Our British players are a bunch of losers with inflated egos, on massive wages. If they've been marginalised I'm glad. Hopefully they all leave.
Exactly.
My take on this is that you either get on Ronaloo's programme (where standards are very high) or leave.
We need to get rid of any players who possess a loser's mentality (and that includes most of them, currently).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope we sold our british core as they are fecking shite anyway:

Shit show, need to be sold - Maguire, Rashford, Lingard, AWB, Shaw, Jones

Cnut, alleged criminal - Greenwood

Lacking, not good enough - Mctominay, Henderson

Keep - Sancho, Grant

ryansgirl

I think you’re absolutely right. No one seem to know the greater plan behind the Ronaldo deal and the total package everyone knew we would receive.
Agree:D The main problem is off course other players have lowered their level after Ronaldo’s arrival. We can’t blame Ronaldo himself for that, but it’s interesting to discuss what happens inside a team when you bring in a player and personality like Ronaldo. Everyone knew something would happen, and off course we hoped he would inspire and lift the level of the other players. Unfortunately it seems like the opposite happened, but most likely in combination with several other (maybe more) important factors.
This also shows how United as a team have fallen off from what used to be one locked in to the goal of titles and European success under Sir Alex, look at how Andy Cole couldn't stand Teddy Sheringham over some off-field conflict yet those two worked almost as well together as Coley and Yorkie, the 'twins'.

Over the last few years it seems that some team members are super-sensitive and preoccupied with their own feelings instead of putting that aside to work together. Teddy Sheringham didn"t care if he got along with the lads off the pitch - apparently he did his own thing - but on the pitch he was as hard as nails, didn't get wobbly from a Roy Keane verbal assault. I can't believe that some players are possibly upset by Ronaldo not rushing over to celebrate a Marcus Rashford or other goal - again this shows how United have fallen.

Under Sir Alex and even Louis VG, players didn't get bent out of shape if they weren't congratulated much or at all for scoring - this was their job, this was United, this was expected. No leaders in the team at Manchester United for some time now is a big factor behind where we are now.

ryansgirl

Please let me know which foreign journalists are acceptable sources if the British one's closest the club aren't credible?

Your last sentence has zip to do with anything. Ronaldo doesn't have to jump with joy, madly rush over to the team mate who scored, engage in any celebratory histrionics whatsoever - he represents what Manchester United is supposed to be. A team where success is expected, where scoring is expected, where winning is expected, where you do your job of it all because you are a Manchester United player.

This is now missing from the present United team with a few honourable exceptions. Christiano Ronaldo is the epitome of the United under Sir Alex, it must be so damn hard to see how easily thrown off his fellow team members are from what they are supposed to be doing.

Dan-Utd

In my opinion, if you have won the things Ronaldo has and if you put the dedication into keeping fit as he clearly does, a long with having a desire to win trophies and be the best - then he's more than entitled to be big headed.

Yes sometimes he doesn't track back - but if he's back defending he can't be on the ball to score at the other end, the very fact that so many people notice he doesn't always track back is simply because the players who are supposed to be defensive are not doing their jobs properly.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Keep - Sancho, Grant
For what?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Keep - Sancho, Grant
Dissapointing players that need to be improved -Pogba, Telles, Martial, Bailly, De Gea, Dalot, Mata

Lacking not good enough - Elanga, Lindelof, VDB

Keep - Bruno, Varane, Fred?

Hope we sold most of our foreign players too tbh.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Dissapointing players that need to be improved -Pogba, Telles, Martial, Bailly, De Gea, Dalot, Mata

Lacking not good enough - Elanga, Lindelof, VDB

Keep - Bruno, Varane, Fred?

Hope we sold most of our foreign players too tbh.
De Gea is disappointing and need to be sold? I am sorry but 99% people would disagree.

Best player this season: Ronaldo, De Gea

Worth keeping: Varane, Sancho, Fred

Not good enough be can keep as backup - Lindelof, Elanga, VDB

Need to be sold: The rest of first team players (excluding youngster)

Basically, other than Sancho, the rest of British core not worth keeping and need to be sold.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
So basically Ronaldo " indirectly" affects the other players.
However he isnt a trouble maker so what the hell is it. Scores too many goals. Looks after himself. Cares about winning. If that makes his teammates play badly surely Rashford could balance that as he doesnt do any of those things.
Utd players act like schoolgirls in a teen drama who cant take it when a new girl who is better looking than the rest joins.
I cannot believe people are agreeing with this BS

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The Portuguese Clique? I find it astonishing that players from the same country and speaking the same language would somehow gravitate to each other off field and in the dressing room.
It just doesnt make sense why Ronaldo and Bruno are not getting together with Rashy and Jlingz to make some follow up Beanz videos.
Its clearly the main reason why Utd are not competing with City and Liverpool.:eek:

lsd

The Oracle
Nice article today with Elanga saying how much he looks up Ronaldo and how Ronaldo is always giving him and Sancho advice in the dressing room.

Never knew they were Portuguese though

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Sky right now are showing Ronaldo's 100 goals - he's phenomenal. Any player should be bloody grateful to play alongside of him.

Will Singh

Anyone else had enough of this Ronaldo is the problem bullshit? Any angle they can rehash it they will from he’s demands to he’s Portuguese teams mates blah blah blah…

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Looking at the way the whole team has just celebrated after Ronaldo's goal... this thread is a piece of shit.

onemanarmy

Looking at the way the whole team has just celebrated after Ronaldo's goal... this thread is a piece of shit.
Well, the "British" group isn't playing... Maguire, Shaw, AWB, Rashford, Lingard...

But to be fair, I think it's bull too.

Ludens the Red

Well, the "British" group isn't playing... Maguire, Shaw, AWB, Rashford, Lingard...

But to be fair, I think it's bull too.
To be honest, I think Rashford and Maguire certainly have a complex over Ronaldo. You don’t see them celebrating with him when he scores. But it’s deffo not as big as it’s being made out.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I get it now. Ronaldo created division by not downing tools with the garbage in the squad and taking players with him in that endeavour.

This thread has been enlightening :)

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Judging by the celebration he's created a damn big grouping...

stw2022

What players despise is loss of adulation. When your club signs arguably the best player in modern history you’re not going to be at the forefront as much as you were. If that’s combined with the manager with the balls to punish your insipid efforts in the pitch by dropping you from the team then egos will be bruised even more. Especially for players conditioned to the world and his dog blowing copious amounts of smoke up their hole

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone else had enough of this Ronaldo is the problem bullshit? Any angle they can rehash it they will from he’s demands to he’s Portuguese teams mates blah blah blah…
Even in his leaner spell mid season it was pathetic knee jerk nonsense.
People still saying it now are either utterly clueless, or have been playing so much computer footy management that they still think we'll be bringing 10 players in and shelling 300m.