Ronaldo has lost his baby boy

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Such horrible news. I don’t think I’d ever really appreciated before I became a Dad just how awful this would be. A family friend of mine lost a twin some years ago and has hugely struggled to get past it. I’m not sure it’s even possible, I think it’s a level of grief you learn to live with for the rest of your life but it never ever goes.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Terrible. Guy must be hurting. Bad. All you can do is wish him and his family the best.

DevilRed

Absolutely gutted for him.

My wife went through the same although it was a miscarriage.

There is no pain like it. He needs time to heal and to take care of his family.

Eurotrash

Devastating. I know somebody who had twins and lost one of them shortly after birth. While grieving, you also need to be there for your other newborn twin.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Confirmed by United that there'll be a minutes applause in the 7th minute. Nice touch.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Hope they do have a minutes silence before the game, some things are just bigger than football and rivalry

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A minute’s applause for the death of a baby is certainly something. Personally I’d be very mixed at someone deciding that this is how they want to offer a #classytouch to the death of my infant.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That'd be a really nice gesture.

As much as I hate the scousers, there's an undeniable level of respect between the clubs and fans.
Can't stand Liverpool FC but Scousers, in my experience, are genuinely decent folk.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Can't stand Liverpool FC but Scousers, in my experience, are genuinely decent folk.
That happens to be the case for most folk, football fans have a lot more in common than they realize.

Still cringey as feck those lot but this time a very nice gesture, I'll respect them for that.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That happens to be the case for most folk, football fans have a lot more in common than they realize.

Still cringey as feck those lot but this time a very nice gesture, I'll respect them for that.
True enough.

A minute’s applause for the death of a baby is certainly something. Personally I’d be very mixed at someone deciding that this is how they want to offer a #classytouch to the death of my infant.
It's more an applause for Cristiano and Georgina's family as a sign of support. It also bridges the divide between football rivalries and shows that there's more important things in life than sport. I understand your wariness to the whole thing but it's always worth remembering that a club like Liverpool, who know loss more than most other clubs, have done this time and again for other clubs. They even did it for us before their own tragic injustice that was Hillsborough, after the Munich disaster (Forest did a lot as well).

In short, they're utter bastards because they're Liverpool FC but they're also pretty decent because they're Liverpool FC.

Deery

Dreary
That's decent of them, terrible situation for Ronnie and his Mrs. No parent should ever bury a child, my father in law has never got over burying his son 55 years ago.
My mom’s the same buried a wee brother of ours still cuts deep until this day.

TheReligion

Abusive
its for him not clapping the deceased ffs

buchansleftleg

I feel a bit numb and stunned at this awful news. My partner had an early miscarriage after our first child had been born. It was an awful situation that lead to lots of health complications and emotional turmoil that we still haven't fully recovered from to be honest.

I can't begin to imagine the impact of such an issue arising at close to full term or in childbirth.

When my daughter was born there was about the longest 5 minutes of my life when I feared I was going to lose my wife and daughter but thankfully both made a full recovery. I think i suffered for a while with some ptsd reactions to it.

This is going to have an impact on Ronnie and his family and I can only wish them the best at this awful time.

Deery

Dreary
I understand where you are coming from, could have released some balloons before kickoff or something would’ve been a nicer touch.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
True enough.

It's more an applause for Cristiano and Georgina's family as a sign of support. It also bridges the divide between football rivalries and shows that there's more important things in life than sport. I understand your wariness to the whole thing but it's always worth remembering that a club like Liverpool, who know loss more than most other clubs, have done this time and again for other clubs. They even did it for us before their own tragic injustice that was Hillsborough, after the Munich disaster (Forest did a lot as well).

In short, they're utter bastards because they're Liverpool FC but they're also pretty decent because they're Liverpool FC.
And don't forget how Sir Alex tried to help Kenny in their hour of need - some things transcend and them bothering to show human support means far more than how anyone can try and interpret their method of doing so.

I 100% agree with you.

432JuanMata

It shows that while the hatred both fans have for each other it’s not life and death. Same as Munich and Hillsbrough they show respect and we do the same. Of course you get the odd idiots but the fan base on both sides are respectful

Strootman's Finger

I think it's admirable that Liverpool wants to show support to a club legend of their biggest rivals during a horrible time in his life. It's never easy for someone to respond in these situations, whenever someone close to you loses someone you always have that thought of, what do I say at this moment... What else could Liverpool do? Organize a minute of silence at 7 mins? Or at the beginning I suppose. That could have been more appropriate than clapping, but almost impossible to pull off at 7mins and whether it's at the beginning or 7 mins it leaves an opening for an asshole or two to yell shit out when the silence starts.

Why can't we just acknowledge the nice gesture from Liverpool and not over analysis?

Reactions: Penna

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I think it's admirable that Liverpool wants to show support to a club legend of their biggest rivals during a horrible time in his life. It's never easy for someone to respond in these situations, whenever someone close to you loses someone you always have that thought of, what do I say at this moment... What else could Liverpool do? Organize a minute of silence at 7 mins? Or at the beginning I suppose. That could have been more appropriate than clapping, but almost impossible to pull off at 7mins and whether it's at the beginning or 7 mins it leaves an opening for an asshole or two to yell shit out when the silence starts.

Why can't we just acknowledge the nice gesture from Liverpool and not over analysis?
Well said. There is no need to go looking for things that don't exist.

troylocker

Really sad news! Can’t imagine the pain and sorrow they’re going through. Warm thoughts to Cristiano and his family tonight.

MikeeMike

Me too. Not appropriate in my opinion.

DeGea’sFeet

When they started singing “you’ll never walk alone” . It just felt so warming, the unity, the respect, the effort from rivals, that’s football at its best when it unites and adds to the humanity of life.

It’s reassuring. On his FB page the post that announced the passing away of his son, I looked at the likes emojis and while the majority were appropriate there were a 1000 or so laughing one. Very small minority but still really bugged me.