Ronaldo potential signing implications

chiz2kul

Pep will have a total meltdown that somebody dared reject him and his chequebook.
Actually City rejected Ronaldo. He was their first choice and was offered to them by Juve/Ronaldo.

Born2Lose

Bald Martial to give even less of a flip than he does already.
Moaners doing more moaning.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
This news made my weekend

WIth Pogba and Ronaldo providing service the the guys up front, this is going to be a fun season. This creates a very tempting opportunity to top quality strikers that will consider coming to United over the winter window as well as for next summer

Hughie77

Officially City will be saying they pulled out, Same as Sanchez . But it looks like Ronny has decided to come home, after 12 yrs, the implications are he will make a shed load of cash , lift the crowd, lift the whole club. Can see a few outs in next few days has to be Martial will have to wait for game time or he may well want a out himself now, or it pushes him to be better, I don't think so though I think he will shrink . Lingard gone, A few more as well I think.

SinNombre

WIth Pogba and Ronaldo providing service the the guys up front, this is going to be a fun season. This creates a very tempting opportunity to top quality strikers that will consider coming to United over the winter window as well as for next summer
Ronaldo is the guy upfront and not the one providing the assists. He will play as a 9

ghagua

Surprised we didnt offer Martial to Juventus even on loan
The other team needs to want the player as well. Other teams see how he performs on the pitch and would have the same concerns.

Castia

Martial and James out isn't it. James maybe on loan to bring a higher fee next summer.

Pogba/Rashford left side
Ronaldo/Cavani upfront
Sancho/Greenwood on the right

We need to be ruthless, these guys just aren't good enough.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119

which Ronaldo are you talking about? He hasn’t “provided” service for about 6 years now.

Out and out goal scorer

DavelinaJolie

Utd signing Ronaldo isn't going to want to make other clubs sign their players more.

Alemar

We can suddenly start to score lot of goals from set pieces now. Ronaldo’s jumping and heading ability is unparalleled

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
One thing at a time man. You'll have all the time in the world to think about that stuff in a week or two.
Enjoy.

Dazzmondo

If we get money for Martial who knows, maybe a midfielder is still possible? I feel so greedy to even suggest we should sign someone else :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Feel bad for Greenwood. He started the season well. Also feel bad for my fantasy team, should have taken Greenwood out for Pogba before Pogba price rise.

Hopefully, Greenwood wouldn’t mind playing second fiddle and learning from Ronaldo

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Cavani & Ronaldo will make 1 first teamer. At that age they will need to be rested. The implication will be on the flanks. With Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Sancho on the flanks then at least 1 between Lingard and James will be sold

devilish

FYI if Ronaldo bags 30+ this year and we're flying I don't see Haaland joining. Which btw wouldn't be a bad thing as much as people have been obsessing over him for years. Greenwood would take over the mantle at the 9 by that point.
There are rumours that Greenwpod isn't that keen on leading the line

Infra-red

Lingard, Mata and James are absolutely surplus to requirements.

I wonder if Ronaldo might gently suggest a move for Neves to join Bruno in replicating the Portugal setup he's used to. No point having Ronaldo up front if you can't get the ball to him.

devilish

He'll be more keen when he's bagging a goal a game running rampant and shooting on either foot when he wants
Being a lone striker is possibly the third most difficult job in football after that of the manager and the GK. I won't be surprised if those rumours are true

Hoof the ball

There's this sentiment floating around that certain world class players will be reticent to join United because Ronaldo has joined, but I don't see it like that. I see it as follows:

Varane, Pogba, Bruno, Sancho, Ronaldo adds prestige to prospective world class players. The presence of a squad with these players is even more of an enticement to join, and not a hindrance. For every Mbappe, who needs his own stage in which to be a star, there's a dozen other world class players who want to be part of winning projects. I am almost positive that recent developments are even more of a reason Haaland will want to join us, and certainly not less.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Cavani and Ronaldo can play together, also if United is a team with ambitions they would realize they need depth in attack. So if you're planning to not embarrass yourselves, yet again, in the UCL you're going to need Ronaldo and Cavani. Probably would get rid of Lingard and sell Martial if there was a very good offer for him.

Gopher Brown

We have a massively unbalanced squad, and surely now Lingard, James and Martial will have to leave, although there are no signs of this happening. Greenwood and Diallo’s playing time will also be restricted. Pellistri and Elanga also surplus. Not complaining mind.

MattofManchester

We have a massively unbalanced squad, and surely now Lingard, James and Martial will have to leave, although there are no signs of this happening. Greenwood and Diallo’s playing time will also be restricted. Not complaining mind.
Diallo needs to go on loan.
Him and Sancho are probably our long term RWs.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We have a massively unbalanced squad, and surely now Lingard, James and Martial will have to leave, although there are no signs of this happening. Greenwood and Diallo’s playing time will also be restricted. Not complaining mind.
I don't think Ronnie will play every game and Cavani won't either. Moreover, injuries happen and if we go deep in every competition we'll need everyone

Gandalf

Don't think this impacts JLingz too much, that has always been about whether West Ham make a reasonable bid for him and the indications are that they will not. Martial out on a loan is a good shout as he is going to be no better than 3rd choice up top or on the wing, a loan with buy option somewhere is probably the best we can hope for right now. I am sad to say that my beloved DJ21 is most likely gone, really don't see any minutes left for him now and it would be a waste for the team and for him to not even have him making the bench most matchdays. I fancy he could be moved very quickly if we gave clubs the green light as he has admirers here in the PL including Bielsa and Potter.