• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDevil2019

Fair play To CR7 racking up the pressure on the board to act on transfers.

If CR7 leaves aswell we are fecked, we won't have the budget to replace him with a 20goal + a season striker.

Let's hope the board acts and get some players in ASAP. Its embarassing how we've took like 3 weeks to get FDJ and still haven't got the deal over the line.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
It'll be funny if he leaves for another team, let's say Bayern, and bangs goals for fun after we all called him finished for the past year.
Bayern would be a very good move for him and a guarantee of 30 goals.

Gottabekiddingme

Florian Plettenberg, who's VERY reliable for Bayern, says that Ronaldo's agent offered him to Bayern but they said no.

Ronaldo is actively trying to run away

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like Mendes is fishing for a buyer. Given his age and wage, will be difficult finding a bite.
Reports in Spain and Portugal in the last few days have said he wants out. Now with the Bayern thing.
Hopefully he leaves if that's the case.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You’ll only begin to see it when our major deals are renegotiated. If you look at our Instagram following, it’s shot up, give it 2/3 years and then we’ll be at crazy levels. Then negotiating our deals will have an uplift. A sizeable one. Our deal with Tezos which took out the naming rights for the training ground and headline tour sponsorship that AON had, still lead to an uplift of 33%, that was only months into ronaldo’s time here. Give it 3 years and see.

Juventus’ president went on record and said he would re-sign Ronaldo all over again just for the impact he had on them commercially.

The man has more Instagram followers than Real, Barca, United, PSG, Juve, Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham put together. To think he won’t have an insane impact off the pitch is naive. We have done feck all on the pitch the past year yet we were the most engaged team on social media. That’s ronaldo right there. Imagine if we became half successful with him in the team?

That translates to a heck of a lot more money and money which can be reinvested to keep the team going.
His impact on Juve was insane, just look at the followers and Views that went up to the millions just on game highlights alone Let alone Instagram

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Ronaldo leaves our season would be fecked. No way we could afford a 25 goals forward in this market, when we have so many other position which need strengthening, and we only have limited amount of money to spend this summer.

Budget 120m:

FDJ - 70-80m
Ronaldo replacement - 40-50m (but who?)

OpenIntrovert

Florian Plettenberg, who's VERY reliable for Bayern, says that Ronaldo's agent offered him to Bayern but they said no.

Ronaldo is actively trying to run away
Ronaldo is not running away unless ETH has said he cant find a way to use him. Plettenberg's comments also do not make sense since Bayern already has Mane.

I find that many journalists try to make Ronaldo look like the scapegoat most of the time. It could be rubbish as usual.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo is not running away unless ETH has said he cant find a way to use him. Plettenberg's comments also do not make sense since Bayern already has Mane.

I find that many journalists try to make Ronaldo look like the scapegoat most of the time. It could be rubbish as usual.
To be fair, this could be his last seasons at top level, and I think its fair to say he would want a way out to somewhere he could play CL football and chance of winning trophies again. The fact we haven't made any progress this summer, as compared to our rivals who have already made a few headline signings, might means he has lost hope we could do anything better next season.

Idxomer

Not surprising Mendes is offering him around again when United was his last resort last year after being rejected by everyone else.

redcucumber

He quite obviously would leave at the drop of a hat if a suitable offer came in. It's not surprising, but also so hilariously tragic on the club's behalf. We have become this sad, desperate figure that lacks any discernible identity. We chuck money at the cool kids to get them to come to our party but everyone knows they don't really want to be there.

Ronaldo should never have come back. Right man, wrong time.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He should also talk to PSG- Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi may just be what’s missing for them at a CL level.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Another superstar with a huge ego isn't what PSG are missing
Yeah that’s 100% sure - but they are not going to exactly get rid of all these Egotistical superstars in one transfer window either; they might as well give that tactic one more go.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Love that he gets from our fanbase is astonishing. Guy forced transfer once (famous slave comments), now his agent (not without Ronaldo's approval) offers him to Bayern. So he wants to jump ship again. And some of you still say "poor Ronaldo, we don't deserve him".
Meanwhile our absolute legend Rooney, who gave his whole career to this club, is still bashed because he once gave transfer request. After which he still stayed here.

I wish he fecks off to Bayern or Psg or anywhere and we buy proper no9. Sick of this egomaniac

Walters_19_MuFc

Love that he gets from our fanbase is astonishing. Guy forced transfer once (famous slave comments), now his agent (not without Ronaldo's approval) offers him to Bayern. So he wants to jump ship again. And some of you still say "poor Ronaldo, we don't deserve him".
Meanwhile our absolute legend Rooney, who gave his whole career to this club, is still bashed because he once gave transfer request. After which he still stayed here.

I wish he fecks off to Bayern or Psg or anywhere and we buy proper no9. Sick of this egomaniac
100% this.

Godfather

Jesus you sound angry. Also yeah let's just sell him because our board is so fecking good at fixing the holes in our squad that already exist.
Also Rooney is hardly bashed on here no idea why you get that from.

Plus: Is it really so hard to understand that our fanbase loves the GOAT that we had our last really successful period with and who's also one of only very few players that actually performed last season? I think not.

Frank Grimes

I would love to see the back of him too. Problem is will he take a massive pay cut to move to a CL club? Who wants him? AC Milan could be outsiders but don't think Psg or any of the Spanish clubs will want him. Would he even move to Barca if they were interested? Hard to tell with Ronaldo.

Xanther

Maybe you think the slave comment was out of hand, I personally don't. He overstepped the mark on that one, but I don't think as seriously as some may claim.

We commoners have the luxury of switching jobs whenever we want, save for need or difficult circumstances. Ronaldo on the other hand, is an Iberian fella who had likely dreamt of Spanish football his whole life, had Madrid calling for him but was instead obliged to stay in Manchester, a place which until he moved there at 18 was alien to him. This is the nature of modern football and the professional contract; there is little to no freedom if your club says so.

The similarity between Ronaldo and Rooney is that both wanted to move out of ambition. Ronaldo wanted to be a great player for the great Real Madrid, and Rooney felt Utd weren't ambitious enough in the market. I remember the time when Rooney put in that transfer request; everyone sided with Fergie in being angry at him, and I couldn't understand it.

You make the claim that Rooney stayed, but he was given a bigger contract to help make it happen. As for Ronaldo, he stayed 1 more year at the request of Fergie, and never formally handed in a transfer request.

For any individual who joins the professional game... is football about being as successful as you can be for yourself, or is it about Man Utd? The answer is the former; in which case, both players were justified in wanting to leave.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jesus you sound angry. Also yeah let's just sell him because our board is so fecking good at fixing the holes in our squad that already exist.
Also Rooney is hardly bashed on here no idea why you get that from.

Plus: Is it really so hard to understand that our fanbase loves the GOAT that we had our last really successful period with and who's also one of only very few players that actually performed last season? I think not.
We had Goat? I guess i missed Messi or Maradona playing for us :D

Kidding aside, he fecked us once. He is trying to fecks us again. But all is forgiven because he is a great player?
He is a fecking mercenary. Excellent, one of the best in history but still a mercenary. So, if he wants to go.....good riddance to him.

Gottabekiddingme

It's nothing like 2009.

He just doesn't fit the project and he can feel it too. He had the worst season in his career. His team suffered in play because of him. Ten Hag won't magically make him work with these set of players. It's OK to let go for the betterment of both sides.

Telsim

He isn't leaving without taking a massive pay cut. I'm sure he is making enough off the pitch to not care much about that, but still I doubt he is going to agree to it. It'd be pretty dirty if he decides to do so though, especially late in the transfer window.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If he wants out then find a way of getting him out. It was such a short sighted, badly planned decision to bring him back.

Chicharo

If he wants to go feck him. He left when we could've won everything (just like he did with Madrid). Now at the end of his career he comes back and wanna leave again? Like I said feck him, he isn't a Bobby Charlton, he will never be. He is their legend, United legends are Duncan, Sir Bobby, Scholes, Giggs, Taylor, Cantona and many others.

Godfather

We had Goat? I guess i missed Messi or Maradona playing for us :D

Kidding aside, he fecked us once. He is trying to fecks us again. But all is forgiven because he is a great player?
He is a fecking mercenary. Excellent, one of the best in history but still a mercenary. So, if he wants to go.....good riddance to him.
He never fecked us. He even stayed a year longer than he wanted to. Madrid was always a dream of his so hey ho. His comments back then about being treated like a slave were fecking stupid yes... But he's a footballer after all. Most of what comes out of their mouths is hardly groundbreaking.

What he most wants is success on the pitch. That's hardly outrageous and with our useless board I'm not sure we will ever get there. Like most he probably also thought that we will go hard this summer with reinforcements. Seeing that this isn't happening (yet) probably makes him think.

Getting rid now though wouldnt make any sense. There aren't any really good number 9s available and we struggle to fill the gaps already existing in our squad. And there's enough of those.

Tavern in the town

He never fecked us. He even stayed a year longer than he wanted to. Madrid was always a dream of his so hey ho. His comments back then about being treated like a slave were fecking stupid yes... But he's a footballer after all. Most of what comes out of their mouths is hardly groundbreaking.

What he most wants is success on the pitch. That's hardly outrageous and with our useless board I'm not sure we will ever get there. Like most he probably also thought that we will go hard this summer with reinforcements. Seeing that this isn't happening (yet) probably makes him think.

Getting rid now though wouldnt make any sense. There aren't any really good number 9s available and we struggle to fill the gaps already existing in our squad. And there's enough of those.
He left us for money. Spare me the bollocks about Real being his dream, he was open to joining Barca since 2006.

Xanther

He left us for money. Spare me the bollocks about Real being his dream, he was open to joining Barca since 2006.
You can be a fan of Real and still want Barca. It's more about being amongst the elite of La Liga, of Spanish football. Being involved in that war remains the most attractive proposition today. Especially if you're Iberian like Ronaldo!

Heck, even Schmeichel joined City once.

choccy77

That's bs. If Real comes knocking most players take that chance. That's just how it is. No idea why people are still butthurt about it
Exactly, it was never about money, it was about playing for the club he loved as a child & his mother wanted him to play for.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That's bs. If Real comes knocking most players take that chance. That's just how it is. No idea why people are still butthurt about it
Real was also Dave's dream. Not to mention that it is his home town and home country. Did he whine, cried, throw stupid remarks? No.
And all that idea about "dream club" is bs. Who cares what is his dream? You signed contract and during that contract be a pro.

I stand by what i said; i hope he fecks off soon as possible. I will rather watch Rashford in attack than this egomaniac.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh. He's likely only going to be here for another season anyway. I wouldn't blame him for trying to move this summer if he could have found a club that suits him more, especially as I would have happily got rid of him this summer if we were in a postion to replace him with an attacker who suits us more. As is we likely have to settle for each other for another year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The bitterness of some of our supposed fans is shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.