• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Miller

Good riddance. If you’ve got the clubs best interests at heart and not the players you’ll surely realise the side functioned better before he came back. It’s a very substantial wage that can be better utilised elsewhere. This also means Ten Haag won’t have to deal with the media circus and strops whenever he’s substituted off or not picked for the starting 11.

Croftona7

I wouldn't lose sleep if he left, as long as we get a young promising striker in beforehand, we need a complete overhaul to start building for the future anyway and regardless of his undoubted greatness, Ronaldo isn't part of the long term future of the club anyway so now seems as good a time as any to lose him.

Mainoldo

Not a good market to be replacing him but his style is a hinderance so probably benefit from him leaving.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Christ. Pass me the sick bag

You sound more like a Ronaldo supporter than a United supporter
I’m neither a Ronaldo fan nor Utd supporter.

We haven't done feck all. In literally a few days we will likely announce 3, maybe 4 very good signings for fecksake. Saying we've done feck all is just silly.

Bruno deserves CL football, Sancho is a CL quality player, so is Frenkie. It happens. Im fine with him fecking off abroad but if hes asking us to strengthen a top 4 RIVAL then that is the most daft thing in a long while. And even more daft are the people who would back him in that.

He jnew since May hes in Europa, hes left it too late frankly and should keep his head down and be humble.
Right, so as I said, Utd have thus far done literally NOTHING since finishing their worst ever PL season. It’s not ‘silly’ to point that out.

Also, as I said, Ronaldo isn’t suited, at all, to what Ten Hag plays.

Better for both parties. Utd get a decent fee also this way.

And sorry, Sancho deserves CL footy? Are you seriously comparing Ronaldo to fecking Sancho!?

Keefy18

Not surprised in the slightest...

It's in his contract that if the club fails to get CL football he can request a transfer.

Idxomer

He was a pretty big part of the side that ended up in the Europa. Nobody "deserves" to play in the Champions league.
Yep.

He went on a barren in the middle of the season that contributed to missing the top 4, and in almost every game he didn't score he was a net negative for the team.

dutchred

Not a good market to be replacing him but his style is a hinderance so probably benefit from him leaving.
Not sure that his style is a hindrance. Haller is not exactly the most mobile forward and Ajax used him all season

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not surprised in the slightest...

It's in his contract that if the club fails to get CL football he can request a transfer.
I'm pretty sure he could request a transfer without it being in his contract.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Right, so as I said, Utd have thus far done literally NOTHING since finishing their worst ever PL season. It’s not ‘silly’ to point that out.

Also, as I said, Ronaldo isn’t suited, at all, to what Ten Hag plays.

Better for both parties. Utd get a decent fee also this way.

And sorry, Sancho deserves CL footy? Are you seriously comparing Ronaldo to fecking Sancho!?
We havent done literally nothing. Thats wrong. Weve agreed fees for 2 key signings, we are likely to wrap up a 3rd before long too. Thats not literally nothing.

We've got a new manager and a new backroom. That's not nothing.

And you cant just hold a bollocks narrative that ronaldo deserves CL football as a reason to justify him fecking over the club after ONE season. He knew the risks and be signed the deal. Lots of players worthy of CL football arent in the tournament this year, suck it up.

He knew full and well he was in Europa since May and said nothing for 2 months. feck him, hes stuck unless we can ship him abroad.

Keefy18

Nah, just names. Plenty of good strikers. If the team creates chances, a decent striker will score 20 goals.
You miss the point.

ETH wants to build an identity, a playing style. It's important we find the right player to fit that demand so we can create those chances and also a CF that will actually press and make runs in behind and score goals.

Honestly can't think of too many great CF's in the game right now that fit that request and more importantly are available for us going into next season.

I'm pretty sure he could request a transfer without it being in his contract.
Of course he could but we'd likely say sod off. But when a clause is breached it strengthens his position.

TOKUGAWA-X

I have always thought that for United to finally move on to a City, Liverpool, Bayern modern football, the club has to move on also from the past.

Ronaldo is the past, he will stop our progress into a mechanic, modern football.

This is the right time, sell him, sign a modern, young CF for good.

Flexdegea

Christ. Pass me the sick bag

You sound more like a Ronaldo supporter than a United supporter

:lol: :lol:

Hard to tell if your man is serious, deserves to be playing champs league don't even know what that means.

Keep mentioning teams strengthening, while being short sighted and not achknowledging wee about to get nearly all the targets we have been looking to get.

Would only be panicking if we were getting knocked back for targets, which hasn't been the case.

Might have to go into the market for a striker now

justsomebloke

Maybe not the worst of solutions for both parties, but the problem is we don't have the budget to replace him and he isn't going to bring in much, if there's a taker at all. Maybe time to give Paulo Dybalas agent a call?

Rhyme Animal

We havent done literally nothing. Thats wrong. Weve agreed fees for 2 key signings, we are likely to wrap up a 3rd before long too. Thats not literally nothing.

We've got a new manager and a new backroom. That's not nothing.

And you cant just hold a bollocks narrative that ronaldo deserves CL football as a reason to justify him fecking over the club after ONE season. He knew the risks and be signed the deal. Lots of players worthy of CL football arent in the tournament this year, suck it up.

He knew full and well he was in Europa since May and said nothing for 2 months. feck him, hes stuck unless we can ship him abroad.
We don’t know that he’s said nothing for 2 months - there’s been constant noises that he wants out. Maybe the Utd owners have (yet again) dicked about and wasted time when they knew he wanted out.

Also, as you say the only actual thing Utd have managed to secure is a new manager - a bright new manager who’s an exciting appointment… but his footy doesn’t suit Ronaldo at all. Ten Hag knows this, Ronaldo knows this, it’s blatantly obvious.

And lastly, I think that Ronaldo does deserve CL footy. That’s just my opinion. He’s still good enough for it and has given football a GOAT level career - why should he dwindle in the EL just because Utd can’t get their act together?

always_hoping

Duncan click bait Castles the main guy reporting this news the rest copying his sources?

Will hardly be a surprise if Ronaldo leaves. At his stage of his career he'd want CL football and was one of the few United players that gave their all for CL qualification last season but it was simply swimming against the tide. The lack of ambition in transfer window thus far wouldn't encourage any player to stay.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We don’t know that he’s said nothing for 2 months - there’s been constant noises that he wants out. Maybe the Utd owners have (yet again) dicked about and wasted time when they knew he wanted out.

Also, as you say the only actual thing Utd have managed to secure is a new manager - a bright new manager who’s an exciting appointment… but his footy doesn’t suit Ronaldo at all. Ten Hag knows this, Ronaldo knows this, it’s blatantly obvious.

And lastly, I think that Ronaldo does deserve CL footy. That’s just my opinion. He’s still good enough for it and has given football a GOAT level career - why should he dwindle in the EL just because Utd can’t get their act together?
What are you on about, constant noises? His agent offered him to Chelsea about two weeks ago. No formal request to the club directly to sell him till now. That much we do know.

Regarding what does and doesn't suit Ten Hag is guesstimation on your part. All we know is the Tier One reporters who said ETH has ronaldo in his plans, and the press conference where ten hag said himself he sees Ronaldo in his team.

phelans shorts

Duncan click bait Castles the main guy reporting this news the rest copying his sources?

Will hardly be a surprise if Ronaldo leaves. At his stage of his career he'd want CL football and was one of the few United players that gave their all for CL qualification last season but it was simply swimming against the tide. The lack of ambition in transfer window thus far wouldn't encourage any player to stay.
:lol:
Did you miss the entire middle third of last season

Keefy18

Castles has very strong links with Mendes.

He generally is very, very reliable in terms of Jose and Ronaldo stories.

United492

I'm really not fussed to be honest. Been a Utd for 42 years, big players come and go and in my view we signed him primarily for commercial reasons and the City issue anyway. I hoped that his winning mentality would rub off on the other players, that clearly didn't happen. Noone will convince me that he was a massively positive influence on the dressing room. He scored goals of course, but I'd argue we may have finished as high (or low) in the league with other players rotating through.

This is all my opinion of course. Agree or disagree, I'm not really fussed, but I actually think it may be a blessing in disguise. It's a massive issue (fitting Ronaldo into the team) that Ten Hag doesn't have to deal with now. Let Bayern have him.

I'm optimistic for the new season. I don't particularly think we'll win anything, but I'm sure we'll improve, and that's a start. Presenters on Talksport this afternoon saying we're now a small club / selling club should bore off. We'll be back sooner or later, and even if Ronaldo had stayed for 22/23 he wouldn't have changed a thing.

Support the new manager and whatever squad he ends up with.

cyberman

We are either rebuilding or not. Let the near 38 year old go for feck sake

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Castles is really accurate more so than many loved journos on here.

angak

Good riddance. If you’ve got the clubs best interests at heart and not the players you’ll surely realise the side functioned better before he came back. It’s a very substantial wage that can be better utilised elsewhere. This also means Ten Haag won’t have to deal with the media circus and strops whenever he’s substituted off or not picked for the starting 11.

100%. Well said.

I can't wait to see a dynamic front three that work hard for the team and are able win possession back at rapid speed.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Better for your club if he does leave. He did an excellent job last season under the circumstances but his mentality is a problem in a team sport. Win at all costs, anyone deemed not up to par should be cut off because they’re holding said individual back.. he would have thrived as an Olympic athlete.

Rhyme Animal

Better for your club if he does leave. He did an excellent job last season under the circumstances but his mentality is a problem in a team sport. Win at all costs, anyone deemed not up to par should be cut off because they’re holding said individual back.. he would have thrived as an Olympic athlete.
Tbf he’s thrived as a team athlete more than almost all other team athletes since records began…

But overall I agree with you - better for both parties if he moves on.

clarkydaz

Tbf he’s thrived as a team athlete more than almost all other team athletes since records began…

But overall I agree with you - better for both parties if he moves on.
He has only ever played with great players/teams. This must have been one hell of a shock to the system

justsomebloke

The Athletic claims Napoli is interested - maybe it could be possible to get Victor Osimhen, if we add 50m or so?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is just another face saving exercise. We've known all along that Ronaldo can't work in a high press team, or in fact any team not built around him being a brilliant finisher but not much else. It's not his fault he's just too old. All those armchairs tacticians saying he can still do a good job and cut off supply lines are talking guff. We're not Dad's Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.