• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

I think even if Ronaldo stays we need a CF signing. As it stands, we’ve went through the preseason with only Martial. Amad and Hannibal have been the other options with Rashford maybe slipping in for a spell centrally.

AFC NimbleThumb

As a player he has very few, if any peers when it comes to United players I’ve seen at OT but quite frankly, he can feck off at this point. It’s all so performative, suddenly replying to everyone on twitter then leaving before the match finishes. If his family issues are still influencing this behaviour he needs more time away but if he’s going to play for us, be committed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The subtext is very plain. ETH doesn't rate him and so he will not be a guaranteed starter, fanboy delusion notwithstanding. CR7 will be an arse whenever he is subbed or benched. He would like to be released from his contract so he can go be an arse elsewhere because nobody will actually pay for him.

clarkydaz

The subtext is very plain. ETH doesn't rate him and so he will not be a guaranteed starter, fanboy delusion notwithstanding. CR7 will be an arse whenever he is subbed or benched. He would like to be released from his contract so he can go be an arse elsewhere because nobody will actually pay for him.
Why is he being kept here then? let him go

Lee565

Put him with the reserves and have him play in behind close door friendlies, screw him and if he doesn't abide by what eth orders then fine him his wages and keep on doing it, stop letting this big baby getting his own way.

He better not be in the match day squad for the opener, what message will we be sending out about how nothing has changed and player power still rules.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Go to fcuk.
We all indulged our nostalgic sides last season but that’s done now. He’s done.
Good bye and good luck.You had your day CR7.

NoPace

Was annoying to see him dropping extremely deep chaotically and not just playing like Martial did as a typical 9 who looks to take a few steps deeper for lay offs.

At his age, Ten Hag being appointed was actually a good fit for him in terms of attacking play since there's wingers, an overloaded midfield and we lack goals. If he was up for it, he'd be a good fit as a target man looking to set the Prem record for headed goals in a season, while having the touch to play lay offs with his back to goal. Press adequately and come off after an hour when he's knackered from that. But the ego that made him great is probably keeping him from realizing that's a great role for him. He doesn't have the pace anymore but still brilliant in the air.

Seij

Why is he being kept here then? let him go
Nobody in the Champions League wants him is the problem... His agent has been busy this summer trying to find a club that'll take him without any luck.

RedCurry

If he’s committed to the cause then he should stay. He’s obviously not the player he once was, but he’s the only real winner in this squad. We do need worthy competition for his place and his place in the starting lineup should be based purely on merit.

angak

I agree with this. I think the club want a fee in the region of 15-20M then it would happy to let him go.

Marcus

Nobody in the Champions League wants him is the problem... His agent has been busy this summer trying to find a club that'll take him without any luck.
Is he concerned about Messi having a free run at adding CL goals whereas he has no chance to do so? If it's that important he should just take a pay cut, but let United get the transfer fee especially since he left it so late. Maybe Barca would accept him as a sweetener to De Jong? Just sell more future earnings ... again.

r1z3mu

It's Pogba 2.0 all over again. Counting days when he is gone. Before he came back there was a "feel good" atmosphere in the club. Now it's getting that faulty smell.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I think his Ego has become the size of the universe. When a player stops respecting the club he should leave. It is that simple.

Then again, he could have left the game early because he had a bad case of diarrhoea, who knows. But all signs point to the fact that he wants out. Pardon the pun

Son

I actually get the feeling this might be the case. Obviously our enemies in the media, opposition fans and Ronaldo is trying to twist the narrative.

I don’t feel he has the hunger to fight for his place if we bring in a new hungry potential world class striker. He’ll be gone for an easier pay day.

The false narrative is United are a club on the down and out (not true with new signings) but I think he’s doubting himself big time under this manager.

He’s replaceable these days just caught us off guard short term. No way do I want to be relying on a striker who is nearly 40 each week in the Prem. Doesn’t matter who he is he is going to struggle.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Just leave … our club is 10x better without him & his comeback was nothing but a publicity for him & he unfortunately used us that’s all .. he doesn’t care about the club the fans only about himself…. Saying he denied everything i guess that’s because no big team want him just like the previous years

Rajma

And that is why we want to sell him.

You still haven’t explained why the normal rules about buying and selling footballers shouldn’t apply to him?
Because he’s just not worth the hustle for most clubs given his salary requirements alone, when you factor in the potential fee as well, no one is touching him, meaning, we’re stuck

Will he be here next season? Yes
Should he be here next season? No

Nobody is taking a 37 year old on 500k a week. ETH has to either convince him to play the substitute role he would actually be good at, or let him go and sit on a beach for a year. We have to be prepared to be ruthless because he will not go quietly.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Because he’s just not worth the hustle for most clubs given his salary requirements alone, when you factor in the potential fee as well, no one is touching him, meaning, we’re stuck
I fear you may be right but that should still be an absolute last resort. Meanwhile we (the club and his agent) need to keep looking for potential buyers. I don’t think it’s impossible for their to be one club out there with more money than sense and the transfer window is open for a while yet.

clarkydaz

And that is why we want to sell him.

You still haven’t explained why the normal rules about buying and selling footballers shouldn’t apply to him?
Like normal rules apply to this club. You want 10m for him? We will have paid him that in wages in 5 months time.

DSG

Will he be here next season? Yes
Should he be here next season? No

Nobody is taking a 37 year old on 500k a week. ETH has to either convince him to play the substitute role he would actually be good at, or let him go and sit on a beach for a year. We have to be prepared to be ruthless because he will not go quietly.
I feel like this will be a defining moment for ETH and the club. If they continue to let Ronaldo self determine his participation, then Erik Ten Hag will fail as the manager of United.

Mayhem

It was nice of his majesty to grace us with his presence almost to the end of the match yesterday.

Huddsred

could you be any more blind? name anyone who was better than him last season. Name anyone with the record he has across three vastly different leagues
That was then. All he's doing now is holding us back.

Strelok

I feel like this will be a defining moment for ETH and the club. If they continue to let Ronaldo self determine his participation, then Erik Ten Hag will fail as the manager of United.
Agreed.

Doing so would greatly undermine the power of ETH. He will look bad and lose the players. With a divided and infighting dressing room. And he'll get bad results since the football will be exactly like last season. We'll get spank badly by any decent opponent. All in his very first season no way he'd survive.

always_hoping

I'll trust ETH judgement on this. If he feels United best hope of reaching his set targets this season is by keeping Ronaldo then so be it. More concerned about the lack of signings done in this transfer window it's clear ETH wants more players in and won't be afraid to speak out if that business isn't done before the window closes.

Greck

I'll trust ETH judgement on this. If he feels United best hope of reaching his set targets this season is by keeping Ronaldo then so be it. More concerned about the lack of signings done in this transfer window it's clear ETH wants more players in and won't be afraid to speak out if that business isn't done before the window closes.
I'll also defer to his judgment but if something goes wrong really not trying to hear excuses Ole or Ralf gave after accommodating all of it eyes wide open.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I would love to see him go but EtH will need him for goals this season. You cant rely an entire season on Martial.

toky_world

He's world class player, but unfit for United.

He is poison for the rest of the team.
Let him go to MLS, Paris SG, Arabia and poison some other team.

Marcus

"Cristiano Ronaldo leads the UEFA Champions League in all-time goals scored, scoring a total of 141 goals. Lionel Messi sits in second place with 125 goals."

I think this is why he wants to leave United. Afraid of Messi overtaking him.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
"Cristiano Ronaldo leads the UEFA Champions League in all-time goals scored, scoring a total of 141 goals. Lionel Messi sits in second place with 125 goals."

I think this is why he wants to leave United. Afraid of Messi overtaking him.
"Afraid" is the wrong word. "Driven to be the best" is more like it. Shame no one else last season felt the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.