Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
@Solius or mods in general maybe we can get a poll?

More a question of will he be here next season not do you want him to be. Going to be all kinds of speculation now given his standing in the game. I think he will be and I’d like him to be!

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
Quite simply the choice is Ten Hag´s if he can use Ronaldo or if Ronaldo fits into his plans then stay but at the end of the day relying on a 37 year old player regardless of who that isn't setting a good image of rebuilding and making the squad younger and more dynamic.

kopviolator

He is the past - not the future. If he stays then he will be a player impossible to bench and very difficult to sub for Ten Hag. It undermines his authority. He is a much larger character than Ten Hag and therefore him staying could cause a big problem for the new manager. Hopefully, he decides to move on himself.

TsuWave

My GOAT so my opinion will always be biased. One of the best ever for United and evidently he still has a lot to contribute

His professionalism and dedication to being the best is also something the likes of Garnacho can learn and benefit from

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Depends if Hag wants him, which I think he would.

Still, we clearly need another forward next season and I do like the look of Nunez, who looks like a refreshing contrast to what Ronaldo can offer while similarly being a goal threat.

Moby

Dick
He should leave. It's better for him (this has likely been the worst year in his career since he was a teenager) and we need to give Ten Hag a squad that is suited to his tactics and let him build it the way he wants.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hey you shameless plagiarizing bastard, I already made one :lol:

Anyway I would like for him ro stay but ultimately its dependent on himself and ten hag obviously.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
his actual performances have improved a lot recently. But he has scored goals fairly consistently all season.

I still have mixed feeling on him being in the team for various reasons

captaincantona

Has to stay...but not as the first name on the team sheet. A nice balanced conversation with the new gaffer about expected playing time and we could really get the very best out of him for another year without delaying the progression to ETHs counter press wonderland.

TheRedDevil2019

The last 4/5 games Ronaldo has defied science. He's putting the younger ones to shame with his running and efforts on the pitch.

If he plays like this out the blocks next season and participates in the prem matches only, then he'll get us back up towards top 4.

Easy to forget without CR7's contributions, United would be around 15th.

He has to stay without doubt, make him captain aswell.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Id def keep, I think barring a Real interest he would stay too.

I am unsure if ETH wants him though. Will have to see. He works surprisingly hard even still today, I think hed be good for ETH.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd prefer him to stay 1 more season and getting phased out at the end if he shows physical decline. It'd be a bummer if he didn't win anything in his 2nd stint.

I'm not sure where he'd go if he leaves. I don't foresee any CL club paying his current wages. I wonder how much he values being in the CL.

mctrials23

Let ETH decide with 0 interference from the board. What we 100% should not do is give him any sort of extension. It would be classic United to give him a 2-3 year extension if he stays.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He will not accept bench. Neither will new top striker. So if we can get some new world class striker then Ronaldo must go. If not, then he should stay. But stay only IF he will adapt to new coach not opposite.

izzydiggler

If he can adjust to/accept a squad role, 100% keep. Might not work out that way but I think he should be given the captaincy, lead in terms of 'standards' and anyone not on board can leave.

But of course, if he wants to move on, I wouldn't hold it against him.

KeanoMagicHat

This was a poll about a month ago.

I still vote leave, but it’s been a nice ending for him if so. Let him go in style, move on and build towards becoming a serious football team again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius or mods in general maybe we can get a poll?

More a question of will he be here next season not do you want him to be. Going to be all kinds of speculation now given his standing in the game. I think he will be and I’d like him to be!
Done.

Lewnited

No idea what he'll do, but I really do hope he stays. He, more than any other player in the world represents the professionalism that we've been so obviously missing in the past 9 years. For new players joining the team, he sets an example for what a United player should look like better than anyone else.

Beyond that, he'd be an absolute monster in a team thats even halfway functional. He's a master at exploiting spaces in defences and still has more variation on the ball than most #9s out there. I imagine EtH will love him, despite what many have said.

StonedhamsterZA

Please stay.

He is one of the few players in our squad that demands trophies, and has plenty of experience in winning them.

Regardless of the effect his 'big personality' has on the rest of the squad and potentially EtH, I would hate to take a punt on a few new players including a new striker and not have a proven player to rely on while signings are getting up to speed.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So basically people think he's off because we're not in the CL next season? Is that the only reason?

He's under contract for another year with United having the option of triggering a third year, so he'd have to push for a move unless ETH really doesn't want him, which I'd highly doubt.

I see him staying and leaving in 2023 unless United take up the third year option

Chairman Steve

The way Ronaldo has been tracking back recently makes me believe he can play a role similar to Haller plays at Ajax for ETH, but remains to be seen if this can happen on a regular basis based on Ronaldo’s age.

And of course depends on the man himself. I’d say I wouldn’t blame him if he left but I would look on him more favourably if he stayed.

At the moment I think everyone believes that his mindset is he will join a team that has a good chance of doing well and winning trophies (especially Champions League), rather than he loves Manchester United and if he did it for United, he’d really be doing it for SAF.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I love him as a player, but I don't want to see him in Europa League, he simply doesn't deserve this.

He can still achieve great things in Champions League and I believe this is why he could be considering leaving us.

superdry

touched by a genius
Far too positive and good a player, sets too high a standard for our snowflakes to follow.... get rid
Not!

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
If the only option to replace him s Nunez for 80 million euro, then we NEED him to stay. He's more than capable of fitting into an ETH team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How exactly are we arguing that he should go ? I mean it's baffling to see people are even thinking about it. Yes, he cannot be our Striker and we need someone who can stay up with him.

STAY !!!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I mean, he will get 20+ goals this season despite being in a team that largely played awful and created almost nothing for him. The main issue is that he's turning 38 but the man's a fecking monster. Even with a decline next season he should still bang in 15-20 goals in a better functioning side, and given how few decent strikers are on the market and the cost of acquiring them, plus the fact that we have far more important areas on the pitch to address, it seems like a complete no brainer.

He also seems to be fitter than most players in our side and actually still gives two shits.

As Carragher said last night, really the main issue is whether he'll accept not playing every game and instead being rested in order to keep him fit and firing. That's another story entirely.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Stay. I don't see the wisdom in replacing him at all tbh. Given we're going to have to replace half our team as is, also shipping out a 20+ goal a season striker seems unwise. There are other areas of our team to be strengthened and prioritised this summer. We can replace Ronaldo next summer.

GazTheLegend

Stay. Carried us badly the last few weeks. Needs more support from the full backs and midfield and to be frank is looking like he's going to break 20 goals again in the premier league alone which is absolutely fecking astounding.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he will stay. He will want to try and win a trophy next year (with United) and with a new baby I'd be surprised if he wanted to move his family again so soon.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It was only a few short months ago that many on here had the knives out for Ronaldo and were ready to turn on him. Luckily enough he has turned the tide in recent weeks and made these same people look rather foolish. That being said I don't want him risking the same thing happening again next season and coupled with the fact that he no way deserves to be playing at a level this poor then it might best if he departs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is easily by far our best player, so I think the question is rather whether he wants to stay or go.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He will not accept bench. Neither will new top striker. So if we can get some new world class striker then Ronaldo must go. If not, then he should stay. But stay only IF he will adapt to new coach not opposite.
He can play as WF though. Judging from his recent performance he is everywhere on pitch anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.