• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Chelsea look likely to finish ahead of United again next season, would it matter if it's with Ronaldo scoring 20 goals for Chelsea or for United and leaving for free?

What I don't understand it's how no one is mentioning Ziyech in an Ronaldo swap, ten Hag has already made him play his best football, there's rumours Chelsea might send him to Milan with a loan + obligation to buy and United need a right winger.

Sancho, Bruno as false 9 and Ziyech as a front 3 could surely be one of the best summer market scenarios looking at all the options available.
Ziyech has shown nothing in England to prove he’s good enough for the Premier League. Can’t ten Hag look beyond former Ajax players?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ronaldo and Mendes must've have had some indication from United/Hag that they would be open to him moving on.

Unless Ronaldo, which is understandable, just feels him ending his career on abit of a wimper isn't something he wants to even consider.

He is a winner after all.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don’t really see him leaving yet. The rumours won’t stop until the day he does though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
DDG and Ronaldo were the only two that could hold their head high from last season shambles. Diamonds among those turds that most likely will be making the squad again next season.
To say that Ronaldo leave won't be a big deal is just pretty silly, based on emotional dislike instead of clear headed opinion, imho.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Chelsea look likely to finish ahead of United again next season, would it matter if it's with Ronaldo scoring 20 goals for Chelsea or for United and leaving for free?

What I don't understand it's how no one is mentioning Ziyech in an Ronaldo swap, ten Hag has already made him play his best football, there's rumours Chelsea might send him to Milan with a loan + obligation to buy and United need a right winger.

Sancho, Bruno as false 9 and Ziyech as a front 3 could surely be one of the best summer market scenarios looking at all the options available.
Wishful thinking that. Do you know who runs our club? :lol: There not smart enough to think like that. There all brain dead. If ten Hag wanted ziyech then we’d be hearing stories now about our interest but not heard anything.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m very glad the club aren’t “smart enough” to swap Ziyech for Ronaldo. feck that.

Orange Tree

Yes. Which like I said - was below Chelsea. What’s your point? That him scoring goals isn’t a good indicator of the quality of the TEAM? If so I agree. It isn’t.
Because they will have to accommodate him. We signed Ronaldo last season and ended up scoring less goals overall.

Tuchel might make it work, but I highly doubt it.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Mendes is just as bad as the others.

I don't think Ronaldo is too bothered where he plays now, but knowing what he's about if there's an opportunity to play in the CL he probably would - and why shouldn't he.

His name generates cash for his employers, he is one of the few who is bigger than most football clubs, so if he has the desire to move on, he will move on.

I don't think Chelsea would want him and I don't think Ronaldo would be desperate to move to another club with question marks.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Ziyech has shown nothing in England to prove he’s good enough for the Premier League. Can’t ten Hag look beyond former Ajax players?
On one hand you're right, on the other what better options are there to improve the team with the alleged budget if half of it goes to De Jong?

Josep Dowling

On one hand you're right, on the other what better options are there to improve the team with the alleged budget if half of it goes to De Jong?
The club should not waste half the budget on one player if that’s the case.

Dannn411

He likely stays because his ego will not allow him drop his demands and the only clubs that can meet those demands don't look like they'll take him but it would be best for the club if he left. Our attacking play regressed significantly last year largely because of Ronaldo in spite of the goals. All the fluidity of the previous 2 years vanished, we became so rigid and lifeless in attack as a result and literally every attacking player suffered.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
DDG and Ronaldo were the only two that could hold their head high from last season shambles. Diamonds among those turds that most likely will be making the squad again next season.
To say that Ronaldo leave won't be a big deal is just pretty silly, based on emotional dislike instead of clear headed opinion, imho.
Ronaldo yes, De Gea no. He's horrible...

Huddsred

Can’t believe people are saying let him go. And replace him with who exactly? We can’t even buy players now and you want to somehow sign a striker who scores 20 plus goals a season.

If he goes the squad is bottom half of the table.
Factually correct. With him we at least have a chance of qualifying for the Champions League next season, and with it the chance of signing a quality replacement for him next summer.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
end of the transfer window I think he will leave, depending on signings this summer. If we make a good push in the market then it might change his mind, all the rest around us have upgraded with ease and we are still falling behind. Still a lot of time to go, but signing early could be an indication to Ronaldo if he wants to stay or go.

Red_toad

Sending him to Chelsea would be excellent business. Strengthens us and cripples a rival, get it done.
Weakens us and gives them a goal scorer who's better at football than the lump they loaned out you mean? I think Ronaldo would do very well at Chelsea enough about his game to improve them and fit in. We'd then be reliant on finding funds to purchase someone or Rashford & Martial battle it out for playing up top.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty sure it's a tactic from him to put pressure on the board to get the right players in this summer. Pretty much says so in Ornstein's article.

If he was actually considering leaving I doubt Mendes would leak the news this early. Remember last summer they kept it quiet until the very end when the transfer was almost done.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This reads to me like ETH is quite happy for Ronaldo to go but they don't want to make him look bad. If we actually wanted him to stay there's a contract.

I don't see him as much use in a high press system, however amazing a finisher he might be.

MrEleson

He’s fecking shite, offers nothing outside of goals (which he doesn’t score enough of to justify his shortcomings), can’t press from the front, is on massive wages and raped someone.
That last line renders your entire post invalid and shows just how much you’re frothing at the mouth when It comes this topic.

Tavern in the town

That last line renders your entire post invalid and shows just how much you’re frothing at the mouth when It comes this topic.
Not really. It’s highly relevant in the same way that this entire forum wouldn’t want Greenwood to play for us again. I despise Ronaldo because he’s a scumbag.

NoPace

Yeah, it would be similar to Ajax in 2018 if Bruno can be Tadic. Sancho as Neres, Ziyech as Ziyech, VDB as VDB, De Jong as De Jong and Fred as Schone. You'd figure they can play together with that much familiarity. Ajax's CBs were Blind and De Ligt, so our lack of pace would not be worse than theirs. Dalot as Mazraoui and then I guess Shaw at LB, though he's probably closer to Blind and maybe we could buy Raum to play LB and Shaw could back him up and challenge Maguire at LCB?

De Jong, Ziyech, Eriksen and Raum would in theory still leave us a little money to bring in a 9 with an option to buy, or maybe even another starter like Lisandro at LCB or a DM to compete with Fred.

Blood Mage

I don't believe for a second that we'll fork out for a striker this summer so I hope to god he stays. I'm worried that the club think they can quietly bring Greenwood back into the fold and brush his indiscretions under the carpet.

RORY65

If this had arisen earlier and our recruitment was generally moving quicker then I would gladly see him go (with the presumption we would get a striker in). Ignoring my personal objections to the man he's not a player who impacts the success of a team these days, he's just putting up empty individual stats, and he clearly isn't a fit for what Ten Hag wants to do but his wages and his status mean that it's going to be an issue if he's not starting pretty much every week. However it's too late now, especially given the departure of Cavani, Greenwood surely being gone and the decline of Martial.

MrEleson

Not really. It’s highly relevant in the same way that this entire forum wouldn’t want Greenwood to play for us again. I despise Ronaldo because he’s a scumbag.
Greenwood’s case has concrete evidence. Ronaldo’s case was based on an unverified & unauthenticated questionnaire and later dismissed. Not the same.

AndySmith1990

No, hence we are not gonna have a great squad
Ajax are/were a great team, and it's only natural for people in management roles to want to bring one or two former employees with them who they trust and have a good relationship with; that's just a smart way to manage. Obviously in future when we get the new scouting setup in place as well as factoring in data analysis we'll be targeting players that don't play for Ajax

Tavern in the town

Greenwood’s case has concrete evidence. Ronaldo’s case was based on an unverified & unauthenticated questionnaire and later dismissed. Not the same.
It was dismissed because the evidence was obtained illegally. That doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. His lawyers repeatedly threatened to sue for publishing false evidence. Funnily enough they never went through with it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Don't think Ronaldo's ego could take playing in the 2nd class European club competition.
He wants to be at the top competing for the big honours now and who could blame him if that's the case, especially at his age.

Pearl.Jam

If the Real Madrid legend wants to leave to stat pad his solo achievements in the CL then I for one a, happy to see the back of him..it’s all about personal goals for him and always will be

Huddsred

It was dismissed because the evidence was obtained illegally. That doesn’t mean he didn’t do it. His lawyers repeatedly threatened to sue for publishing false evidence. Funnily enough they never went through with it.
I doesn't mean he did do it either. Innocent until proven guilty, unless you have concrete evidence he did it?

dan1509

There's no question he wants to leave. Having no champions league is likely the reason considering that he most likely wants to keep scoring in it so Messi cannot catch up to his goal record. I'm surprised that he is not willing to take a pay cut to join Bayern considering he has made more than enough money for multiple lifetimes and its not as if Bayern would be paying him peanuts either.

Genuinely a real shame that we had one of our greatest players of all time players return to an absolute shambles of a club ran by clowns. The Ferguson days seem so far gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.