• Yes

Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

You're a bit dim if you think we haven't been fruitful in Ten Hags shortlisted players. Weve done very well to agree the fees we have and look likely to have 4-5 solid players before the end of the window. 3-4 of which would be in most of our pre season.
Christ, the irony behind you starting your previous post with ‘have you been under a rock’…
You actually think that within 18 days (factoring in your no movement weekends) we would have completed the signings of 3-4 players? Zero in a month and a half but suddenly four in two weeks? Right
But fair play going from “literally a few days” to “half way through pre season”. Good to see you believe in what you’re saying and the United board.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Christ, the irony behind you starting your previous post with ‘have you been under a rock’…
You actually think that within 18 days (factoring in your no movement weekends) we would have completed the signings of 3-4 players? Zero in a month and a half but suddenly four in two weeks? Right
Yes, you're living under a rock, quite evidently.

Malacia is done. Frenkie credible reports say due very shortly, albeit not this weekend. Eriksen was due to decide on his club this weekend and Martinez was reported by credible dutch journalists to be concluded very swiftly. They said big developments in 48 hours and 24 hours later we made a bid better than Arsenals.

Come back and quote me in two weeks if we dont have at least 3 players.

Also not sure why youre talking bollocks about no business on weekends

Havent done feck all my arse :lol:

Last edited:

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Ronaldo has always been about what's best for himself. United hierarchy should have been aware of this and made their move ahead of this announcement by having a replacement in mind.

MrEleson

Will United keep him against his wishes?
Has the club ever done this with a player before?

Sylar

Will United keep him against his wishes?
Has the club ever done this with a player before?
We did it the first time with Ronaldo when he wanted to leave in 08 but we got an extra season out of him

Ronaldo has always been about what's best for himself. United hierarchy should have been aware of this and made their move ahead of this announcement by having a replacement in mind.
I don't blame Ronaldo this time. Given his age he probably thinks he has one year left and probably wants one more shot at the CL

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeh, that's a trait you rarely seen in top footballers.

Ludens the Red

Yes, you're living under a rock, quite evidently.

Malacia is done. Frenkie credible reports say due very shortly, albeit not this weekend. Eriksen was due to decide on his club this weekend and Martinez was reported by credible dutch journalists to be concluded very swiftly. They said big developments in 48 hours and 24 hours later we made a bid better than Arsenals.

Come back and quote me in two weeks if we dont have at least 3 players.

Also not sure why youre talking bollocks about no business on weekends
Are you incapable of reading? I started off posting by saying we’d failed to address the problem areas in our squad. I pointed out the only imminent signing was Malacia (a fourth left back) How have we addressed the actual important areas? Like a centre forward or holding midfielder?
So basically you’ve mentioned two players who haven’t actually decided where they’re going yet. And you’re counting these as imminent arrivals. Your levels of obnoxiousness are astonishing for someone posting as if they are thick as shit.

Havent done feck all my arse :lol:
Please direct me to the post where I state we’ve done feck all. We’ve planned poorly and executed poorly, arguing against this when we are five days away from flying abroad with no new signings is nonsensical. The pre season transfer activity you are seeing is not by design, it is one being done by clueless buffoons. This is why someone like Ronaldo has seen this and basically gone “what the feck is this”.
I’ll ask this again, do you think ten Haag would not have wanted new signings by the time we travelled to the Far East for a pre season 4/5 players short?

MrEleson

He wants to win trophies. Normal for every ambitious footballer, no? He wants to play for a team where everything is ready made. At this stage of his career you cant really fault him.

djembatheking

He respects the club and respects the fans but not enough to give his all next season to try and help the team. It is all about personal achievement, always has been.

avgp_1

Yep.

He went on a barren in the middle of the season that contributed to missing the top 4, and in almost every game he didn't score he was a net negative for the team.
We had no goalscorers to begin with. He is the reason we are in Europa, we would have finished mid table without him

MrEleson

We did it the first time with Ronaldo when he wanted to leave in 08 but we got an extra season out of him
This time it’s different I think. We should allow him to go as he wishes

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Never meant it as a negative. Just saying the club should have prepared for this outcome.
I agreed. Just by relying on a 37/38 y.o. player as main striker (with unreliable backup strikers in place) just show a shortsighted plan.

Teja

What really bugs me is that we planned for all our current transfer targets assuming he'd stay. Maybe we would've given up on FdJ and went all-in on Nunez had he told us that he was going to leave earlier.

MrEleson

He respects the club and respects the fans but not enough to give his all next season to try and help the team. It is all about personal achievement, always has been.
What’s wrong with that? In your job, don’t you do what’s best for you? It’s not like anyone will remember him for being part of a rebuilding stage. It’s the potential success with ETH that people will remember and he’s not young enough to be part of that.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Bit of a dick move by Ronaldo tbh. He was part of the side that failed to get CL in the first place.

We had no goalscorers to begin with. He is the reason we are in Europa, we would have finished mid table without him
Who is to say a team that sets up differently than one with him in it wouldn't have found goals elsewhere?

djembatheking

Never meant it as a negative. Just saying the club should have prepared for this outcome.
Yep, I was expecting someone to come in for him late in the window and leaving us short. At least there is time to react now and if he goes we need to adjust our budget to replace him. That is the worry with our owners though they may well just let him go, lose his wages and keep Tony feckin Martial.

Speako

Absolutely don’t blame him one bit. Why should he lower his own standards after that complete shitshow by the whole club last year? What exactly do we expect?

avgp_1

Bit of a dick move by Ronaldo tbh. He was part of the side that failed to get CL in the first place.

Who is to say a team that sets up differently than one with him in it wouldn't have found goals elsewhere?
If you'd watched us play against Saints and Wolves before we started playing with him you wouldn't think that. We were atrocious going forward last year with or without him. He basically carried the side with his goals atleast. Less said about the CL campaign the better

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its seems that it went full circle here. Ronaldo did an RVN who left because he couldn't be bothered to wait for the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney to develop. There again some of the criticism is unfair. Ronaldo is exactly what he says in the tin. He's a top player who would score goals but whose selfish and lazy. Thus why he need to be surrounded with hardworking players around him with the ambition to do well. We don't have that, in fact, we have the laziest and most complacent side I can remember.

Irrespective of that I hope that the club has this covered (which I doubt) and I hope that we'll show the guy the respect he deserves by putting him on the transfer list.

Greck

Especially as we didn't exactly finish midtable with supposedly inferior players. I can understand wanting to jump ship but people shouldn't say he wasn't part of the crew. We stuck with him through that atrocious midseason form and didn't care who got unsettled by his non-rotation. His reaction to getting subbed had RR taking off midfielders whenever we wanted to try a different central striker. We did our bit and he did his.

Even now it would have been nice to have known he wanted to leave earlier. An attacker would have been higher priority and we would have been able to offer targets greater relevance in the starting 11/rotation. NO hard feelings but don't make him out as some victim.

Last edited:

Fletchageddon

He has got to go down as a Di Maria/Sanchez level signing now. Took us from 2nd to 6th, changed the way the team played to suit him, did absolutely nothing defensively and got the manager sacked. We will be in a much better place without him and pogba even if we don't sign anyone.

Judge a players worth based on how the team functions with them in it. He may have scored 24 goals but overall the team scored less and conceded more.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He has got to go down as a Di Maria/Sanchez level signing now. Took us from 2nd to 6th, changed the way the team played to suit him, did absolutely nothing defensively and got the manager sacked. We will be in a much better place without him and pogba even if we don't sign anyone.

Judge a players worth based on how the team functions with them in it. He may have scored 24 goals but overall the team scored less and conceded more.
Who do you see being the main goalscorer next season in the squad as it stands? We need to replace him if he leaves, we need another attacker even if he stays.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Imagine actually thinking Ronaldo is the reason the team got worse last season. We could've easily been in the bottom half without him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He's hit and miss like the majority of attention seeking journos like him.
He's as good as it gets for Journos. This place has always had something against him but he was the first to break many stories. Especially when it comes to Italy, Mendes and Mourinho he is right on the money.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To exclude Ronaldo from the shitshow that was last season is ridiculous. We have always been a lazy team but last season was so so bad and Ronaldo refusal to engage without the ball contributed to that. Let's not 'kid ourselves. His goals helped the team stay afloat but the same team scored more goals in the season before.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Had no goalscorers but somehow managed 16 more league goals the previous season. A mystery worthy of Hercule Poirot....

avgp_1

Had no goalscorers but somehow managed 16 more league goals the previous season. A mystery worthy of Hercule Poirot....
Yeah with a Cavani that didn't want to go back to SA or Martial who was interested in football or Rashford without a surgery. None of them turned up at the beginning of last season. Only person scoring was Greenwood from RW and well he didn't last the season did he?

diawl_coch

Imagine actually thinking Ronaldo is the reason the team got worse last season. We could've easily been in the bottom half without him.
I think just that.
We went from challengers and European finalists to also rans.
The ego landed and squashed the team spirit.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Yeah with a Cavani that didn't want to go back to SA or Martial who was interested in football or Rashford without a surgery. None of them turned up at the beginning of last season. Only person scoring was Greenwood from RW and well he didn't last the season did he?
You've left out Bruno Fernandes, who scored 28 goals in all comps that season.

Cavani got a fair few so you're right about him, he's no longer a factor. Rashford also scored 20+, perhaps he can be rehabilitated? Martial scored 7 goals in all comps so he should not be listed here. The less said about Greenwood the better, although I read recently that he will be back at United next season.

United will need another forward if Ronaldo leaves but the point is that it's not life and death like people are trying to pretend that it is.

Last edited:

Real Name

I kind of understand him but on the other hand it's a bit of a dick move. Problem is if he leaves we probably need to buy 2 more forward players.

Some of the takes here are horrible though. It's as if he destroyed everything last year and single reason we had that kind of awful season.

Real Name

"he deserves to play CL" posts. He doesn't deserve anything, he was a part of the team which ended up in EL places.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
To exclude Ronaldo from the shitshow that was last season is ridiculous. We have always been a lazy team but last season was so so bad and Ronaldo refusal to engage without the ball contributed to that. Let's not 'kid ourselves. His goals helped the team stay afloat but the same team scored more goals in the season before.
The same team no longer exists. Martial, Rashford, Elanga and Sancho would be our only attackers. Confident?

Real Name

Are you incapable of reading? I started off posting by saying we’d failed to address the problem areas in our squad. I pointed out the only imminent signing was Malacia (a fourth left back) How have we addressed the actual important areas? Like a centre forward or holding midfielder?
So basically you’ve mentioned two players who haven’t actually decided where they’re going yet. And you’re counting these as imminent arrivals. Your levels of obnoxiousness are astonishing for someone posting as if they are thick as shit.

Please direct me to the post where I state we’ve done feck all. We’ve planned poorly and executed poorly, arguing against this when we are five days away from flying abroad with no new signings is nonsensical. The pre season transfer activity you are seeing is not by design, it is one being done by clueless buffoons. This is why someone like Ronaldo has seen this and basically gone “what the feck is this”.
I’ll ask this again, do you think ten Haag would not have wanted new signings by the time we travelled to the Far East for a pre season 4/5 players short?
Stopped reading at Malacia being fourth left back. What are you on about?

Midfielder, left back, center back and you're saying we're not addressing problem areas in the squad.

Last edited:

George The Best

The same team no longer exists. Martial, Rashford, Elanga and Sancho would be our only attackers. Confident?
I’m not - but if he’s seriously unhappy he should go to anyone that will pay his huge wages and massage his ego. We have to address this problem sooner or later anyway - he’s gone next year at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.