Ronaldo will take Rooney’s record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
When he returned I said I 'want', 'expect' whatever, 30 from him this season. Things were looking promising back then but I'm still not backing off on that.

Then IF he stays for 2 more years after that then 40 more goals would be impressive. It may be 'only' one year more anyway.

I wouldn't swap the feeling of having him back for any other player but let's be honest, he is aging. Will be playing less and less. Let the guy enjoy his comeback while still being extremely useful as he is instead of putting crazy 40 goals-a-year for three seasons expectations on him.

He's already reminded me how I've missed him here. Fingers crossed we'll get it sorted for the rest of his career here while improving our younger attackers and progressing smoothly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ronaldo won't, Rashford will though. Only 9 goals short of 100 for United and only turned 24 today

Irwin99

Think he'll reach Ruud's record this season. Not sure if he'll ever break Rooney's record but if he did it would just be beyond ridiculous to be both United and Real Madrid's all time top scorer.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I think he can get to 4th in the list, past Best and Viollet and finish around 180. Anything more is too much and the actual record is ridiculous. I’d happily be proven wrong and hope he emulates the 42 goal season with a League and CL double.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wish he came to us when he joined Juve (although totally understand why he didn’t) just so he could break the record.

stu_1992

I assume that includes internationals as well?
I looked it up and looks like he has 480 odd club goals.
Imagine if that was all for United, unbelievable scoring record
No the figure the previous poster mentioned is his total club goals, no internationals. The figure you have is only league goals.

SirAF

Ageist
I assume that includes internationals as well?
I looked it up and looks like he has 480 odd club goals.
Imagine if that was all for United, unbelievable scoring record
No, 681 is ONLY club goals. He’s on 796 total!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo won't, Rashford will though. Only 9 goals short of 100 for United and only turned 24 today
To do this, Rashford would either need to seriously step up his average, or last a long time!!

So far he's averaging 16 a season, with 2 top years of 21 & 22.

He's on 91 goals, and Rooney has 253.

If he plays another 10 seasons on that average of 16, that's 160 + 91 already banked. That would leave him close, but 2 short.

Unless he can step the "average" up to around what his current best years are - call it 22.
7 seasons of 22 would be 154 more, add to 91 = 245 = 8 short of Rooney.

So to conclude it'll be one heck of an ask for a guy who isn't really a "proper" striker, but is more of a wide forward.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Messi has 686 if I have that added correct? What the feck are these guys eating for breakfast?

Our greatest ever goal scorer doesn't even come anywhere close. Insane

Highfather_24

He needed to be on about 160-170 at the start of the season to have a chance.

Which could have been the case if he'd left us a year later when he first left :(
Imagine 09/10 Antonio Valencia putting crosses in for Ronaldo. He would have gotten 40-45 goals that season for sure.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To do this, Rashford would either need to seriously step up his average, or last a long time!!

If he plays another 10 seasons on that average of 16, that's 160 + 91 already banked. That would leave him close, but 2 short.

Unless he can step the "average" up to around what his current best years are - call it 22.

So to conclude it'll be one heck of an ask for a guy who isn't really a "proper" striker, but is more of a wide forward.
He needs to stay injury free but 'if' it had not been for injury Rashford would have hit 30+ easily in the last two seasons. He just delivers end product game after game, already 3 in 4 since his return

arnie_ni

Greenwood would be more likely to break it out of him and rash.

RetroStu

I think he'll easily get another 118 goals or more if he stays long enough
If he stays until he's 40, then he def has a realistic chance.
My problem is will he stay until he's 40, especially if we keep struggling as a club.

Steff_UM30

Denis Law all competition - 46 goals...havent been broken if im not wrong.
Ronaldo havent scored more that 40 goals since 17/18 - La liga/Serie A less competitive
Ronaldo in his prime - 32 goals in the league and overall 42 - Premier League
There is no way that Ronaldo is going to beat that record considering that Law still have the record 67 years later.

He might reach 188 goals which is what Rooney has scored in Premier League alone.

Ixion

Imagine 09/10 Antonio Valencia putting crosses in for Ronaldo. He would have gotten 40-45 goals that season for sure.
Ronaldo couldn't get his head on them if they're always hitting the defender's shins.

youmeletsfly

He'll stay for two more seasons and score around 40 more goals.
I respect everyone's opinions, but you're god damn nuts if you think he's taking over Rooney's scoring record, this is not fifa ffs.

KeanoMagicHat

Ronaldo couldn't get his head on them if they're always hitting the defender's shins.
Valencia in his first few seasons was an excellent crosser. Rooney must have scored 7 or 8 headers that first season.

Sviken

Just let him win the treble with us and retire on top. That's all I want.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hence him saying 2009/10 Valencia, that could actually get some height on crosses.

Highfather_24

Bro, 09/10 season Valencia was not hitting any shins, he was a beast. His floated crosses to Rooney were a constant theme throughout the season. He was voted player's player of the year I think.

Bertie Wooster

I think he can get to 4th in the list, past Best and Viollet and finish around 180. Anything more is too much and the actual record is ridiculous. I’d happily be proven wrong and hope he emulates the 42 goal season with a League and CL double.
He'd need to get past 211 for 4th, but, yeah, getting up to 180 and into 5th position is the most realistic target for him as far as I can see, and the one I'm most following.

This season he was most likely to pass the four directly above him and get close to the others around the 150 mark. The next season would be about getting towards, and hopefully up to, the 180 mark.

A 3rd season is undecided at the moment, and I certainly can't see a 4th. So I can't see him reaching up to or past 211, but 180+, and a place in the top 5, is a very realistic target that I'd love him to achieve.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Sounds completely really unrealistic, but it’s Ronaldo, can’t put anything past him. The guy is made for breaking expectations, I think he’ll be playing until he is 45 just to piss of the haters

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I expect him to get around 35 a season in all competitions. He's on 7 already with a disjointed poor side, can only see him scoring more and more as the season rolls on.

MUFC OK

I reckon he'll get another 45 goals for us and finish on roughly 170.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I expect him to score 30+ this season and the next. Once he’s within 60 goals, I can see him seeing this record as a motivating factor. I don’t think holding all time top goal scorer at two different clubs has been done in top flight football before? Certainly not for two European giants. Its would add a massive amount weight to his legacy.

I realise that everything I said above is highly speculative as I have no idea what the feck he’s thinking.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Status
Not open for further replies.