Ronaldo will take Rooney’s record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There, I said it.

RuudTom83

Obviously he won't!

But its interesting to see who he can chase down on the all time list.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He'd have to average 45 goals for the duration of his contract to come within touching distance, if he manages that then he would be the GOAT.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Ronaldo would need to score nearly 40 goals a season for 4 seasons in a row. I don't see that happening.
Why will he need to score nearly 160 goals to overcome a 135 goal deficit?

Chairman Steve

I said it in the other thread, good luck to him if he’s going for that record.

I would deem it fecking outstanding if he ended up in the 200 Utd goals club during his 2nd spell here.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It’ll be interesting to see the comments on here if he doesn’t score on Saturday
If he doesn’t score on Saturday this thread can be shut. It’s over.

Syphon Wallet

Ronaldo has mentioned he's ready for the next 3 or 4 years.
He wants it.
It's happening.

Nickelodeon

He’s 36. If we’re smart, we’ll manage his game time well so he can be at his best in the games he plays. It would be beneficial for the team if the goals are more spread out between Ronaldo, Bruno, Cavani, Greenwood, Rashford and other strikers. As a team, I hope we score more per 90 than last season. A 25 goal campaign would be good enough especially if that doesn’t cannibalise the overall number of goals. Dick-swinging for total goals scored by Ronaldo wouldn’t serve us well like it didn’t for Juventus.

There, I said it.

Shiva87

In his mind, he is definitely going for the record. He will believe he can score 50-60 goals in all comps every season. Thats who he is and that's what he has done in the past.

Our team is way more creative that the Juventus one he played in, and he will know that. The likes of Bruno, Pogba, Sancho will be told constantly in the dressing room and on the pitch to make the pass for him to score. Its much more creativity that Dybala.

I'll be surprised if he gets even 10 assists a season as Ronaldo knows how the make the most of our his teammates for his own benefit.

Injury permitting, if he can get to 30 goals for the next 2-3 seasons I'll be very happy. Ole will need to manage Ronaldo's game time and expectations.

Eli Zee

No he won't. He's 135 goals away.
Hell need to get about 27 goals per season over 5 years to beat it. If it's in 4 years, about 34 goals a season. 3 years is 45 goals a season. I doubt he'll play more than 3 years at this level and for us... so I'm pretty sure he's not getting the record and scoring 45 goals per season

Status
Not open for further replies.