Stay 2 years: needs 69 goals avg. per year
Stay 3 years: needs 46 goals avg. per year
Stay 4 years: needs 35 goals avg. per year
Stay 5 years: needs 27 goals avg. per year
Stay 6 years: needs 22 goals avg. per year

Stay 7 years: needs 20 goals avg. per year
Stay 8 years: needs 18 goals avg. per year
Stay 9 years: needs 16 goals avg. per year

If he is here for 5 or 6 years, it is a fair chance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’ll pass Ruud this season, and Viollet/Best in the next one. It gets harder from there though, so realistically I expect him to finish in top 4 or top 5.

However, I wouldn’t bet against him finishing top scorer. And if he really does that, I can see him going for the 1000 goals record and become the first player ever to reach that.

ManUArfa

Has anyone said this yet?....

Surely Ronaldo breaking Rooney's goals record would invariably mean us winning four league titles in a row. Which United player has the most of those? Giggs?

Running totals of league titles as well please, OP....:D

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If he gets below 100 this season then I truly believe that he’ll do it and that it’ll be a next bit motivating factor in his career. All pure speculation of course.

Dolf

He’ll be 43 in 6 years

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
2021/22: 43
22/23: 37
23/24: 38
24/25: 26

He'll break the record on February 6th 2025, 67th anniversary of Munich disaster and officially become simultaneously Ole's OAP and Manchester United's greatest son.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
If he came directly from Real Madrid he would have smashed it. Now no chance.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I think the most likely scenario is where he does amazing for 3 years and has a decent 4th year to get to 140. But it's going to be hard if we play like tonight.

OleTheGreat

If he even comes close to 200 in the next couple of seasons or maybe even until he's 40. I think we will be the luckiest bunch because he will continue to score and we have the best providers. I really hope we fix the midfield conundrum asap because that's holding us back a lot a lot.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

Would be stupid not to stay 25 years here. A bit longer, no doubt, but he would need to average just 6 goals per season and we can properly rest him at times.

Also, it would be hilarious to see him against Young Boys with him approaching his 60's.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This'llbe fun to update as we go.... upto 120.

Wayne Rooney 253
Sir Bobby Charlton 249
Denis Law 237

Cristiano Ronaldo 120
When you think about it, it is absolutely INSANE that Law scored only 12 goals fewer than Sir Bobby despite playing 354 games less. Mind-blowing how good Law was as a striker :eek:

Revan

Assumptionman
When you think about it, it is absolutely INSANE that Law scored only 12 goals fewer than Sir Bobby despite playing 354 games less. Mind-blowing how good Law was as a striker :eek:
Sir Bobby did not play as a striker though.

Vault Dweller

Sir Bobby did not play as a striker though.
True, and his record is equally impressive. I just meant even for a striker, the standard Law set was unreal. Maybe it's because many haven't played as long but just found the amount he scored in a far shorter time incredible. Might be worth a comparison one time against other strikers for us and see what his standard is.

Like 354 games less than Sir Bobby, you do wonder what he would have hit had he played even another 100 games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Totally different position, which makes Charlton's record incredible.

Ronaldo when you compare to Raul is shocking at Real Madrid though. Half the games and scored tonnes more and more goals than games!
He's matching that here so far!!
We just need to make sure we don't have too many games like yesterday where he barely got a kick after half way.

Vault Dweller

Totally different position, which makes Charlton's record incredible.

Ronaldo when you compare to Raul is shocking at Real Madrid though. Half the games and scored tonnes more and more goals than games!
He's matching that here so far!!
We just need to make sure we don't have too many games like yesterday where he barely got a kick after half way.
Yeah I realise it's two different positions and Sir Bobby's is insane too. I still find it remarkable Law scored that many in such few appearances and find myself wondering if Law had played say 500 games for United how many he would have got.

Yeah Ronaldo and Messi have just shattered the goals to games ratios and especially Ronaldo at Madrid. Utterly insane numbers that I doubt will be matched very a very long time.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think we've got him until 2023 maybe 2024 until he goes to America. He's an insane goalsorer but he's not getting 46 goals a season.

diarm

Just looking at his record there, and he scored 46 goals in 42 games in 1963/64!

Sod Rooney's tally - that's the target on the wall Ronaldo should be focusing on!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

MrEleson

If he came he directly from Madrid and not wasted 3 years at Juve - he would've easily broken it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.