Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

Crustanoid

Football Focus including the Fat Spanish cnut all sticking the boot in at the moment

Chabon

The best thing about all this is that Rooney didn't even insult anyone, he just added a swear word to an expression of disbelief, in exactly the same way that everyone else in the country does on probably a daily basis. Yet he was banned for it...which raises the question, if you get a ban for that, what should he have said tor really earn the ban?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
All the gimps on Soccer Saturday laying into him now, especially Thompson the utter bellend

Kaos

Why is that everyone has some moral opinion on Rooney swearing?

Kinell, you'd think he went out around lighting orphan puppies on fire.

Heinzesight

Pens and paper at the ready.

Each and every player who visibly is caught swearing this weekend, on MOTD or Sky should be reported to the FA
Yep, any videos/clips/gifs that can be grabbed, get the feckers uploaded/sent to the FA...don't care if it's 'RAWKish'.

Kaos

I don't see it as 'RAWKish', just puts the FA in an awkward position of having to consistently apply one of the stupidest 'laws' in football, count me in.

Rooney1987

I knew they would all take the moral high road but how Keown, Merson and Robbie Savage have the balls to call Rooney out on this with there records is pathetic.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Pens and paper at the ready.

Each and every player who visibly is caught swearing this weekend, on MOTD or Sky should be reported to the FA
no. Rooney voluntarily went upto a camera and announced his thoughts directly to an audience.

I may not agree with the mode of punishment the FA has deemed appropriate, but there is a claer difference between what he did and the normal course of events.

kleberson_

no. Rooney voluntarily went upto a camera and announced his thoughts directly to an audience.

I may not agree with the mode of punishment the FA has deemed appropriate, but there is a claer difference between what he did and the normal course of events.
Watch the replays and u see the cameraman approaching Rooney and not the other way around.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The camera went up to him, Sammsky, and nowhere does the charge mention anything to do with the location of the camera, rather only the language.

Skholesy

When VDS was interviewed after our 08 CL Final win didn't he say "fecking hell" or something like that?

He should have been banned if that was the case. This is bullshit from the FA. Footballers swear, that's part of the game and has always been.

Funny how football authorities do shit like this yet when there are opportunities to introduce things to better the game such as goal line technology and replays, they refuse on the basis of taking the "human factor" out of the game. Well get this. Swearing is a human factor on the pitch - it happens get over it...

Make the game better or leave it fecking alone - cnuts

kietotheworld

When VDS was interviewed after our 08 CL Final win didn't he say "fecking hell" or something like that?

He should have been banned if that was the case. This is bullshit from the FA. Footballers swear, that's part of the game and has always been.

Funny how football authorities do shit like this yet when there are opportunities to introduce things to better the game such as goal line technology and replays, they refuse on the basis of taking the "human factor" out of the game. Well get this. Swearing is a human factor on the pitch - it happens get over it...

Make the game better or leave it fecking alone - cnuts
The FA don't run the Champions League!

Amir

Massive respect to... Kenny Dalglish.

The FA should get their own house in order before dishing out punishments to players

You cannot condone swearing but it’s too simplistic to say Wayne Rooney’s outburst at West Ham will influence the youth of the nation. If you hear a young kid swearing, it’s more likely to be because he or she picked it up walking down the street or in the school playground.

Thirty years ago you wouldn’t hear a swear word on television but somehow most 15-year-olds still got to learn about the words from somewhere. So it’s an exaggeration to say youngsters pick up all their habits from TV.

What concerns me is that by punishing Rooney — and getting a week’s headlines out of it — the authorities are pushing more serious matters under the carpet. We’ve just heard two men, former Football Association chairman Lord Triesman and Premier League chairman and FA board member Sir Dave Richards, have an argument over who gave the England national team manager, Fabio Capello, a new deal before the World Cup.

The deal has been called a ‘mistake’ by the FA themselves but these two gentlemen contradicted each other over who was responsible. It was said at a parliamentary inquiry it was Triesman who agreed it. Triesman subsequently denied it, but Richards then told MPs the following week that the peer was responsible.

Those are two very influential men in our game in recent times and, putting it kindly, they can’t both be telling the whole truth.

That, for me, is far more concerning and wide-reaching than Rooney swearing and I think a lot of other people agree. It’s disconcerting to see the FA so happy to take the moral high ground and dish out punishments when their own house doesn’t always seem to be in order.

Rooney has become an easy target. If he swore in front of a camera as an actor or musician, his star value would probably be enhanced. Plenty of industries seem to encourage outrageous behaviour.

He isn’t picked by Manchester United and England because he claims to be the perfectly-behaved human being. He is picked because he is great at football. Unfortunately for him, he’s in an industry with plenty of differing interests and where blame has to be apportioned.

And, by the way, I’m not saying what Rooney did was big or clever.

He himself apologised very quickly afterwards and knows his talent doesn’t give him carte blanche to behave how he wants. I’m just saying we should get things in proportion. What is for sure, United will miss him in next Saturday’s FA Cup semifinal against Manchester City.

He was the best player on the pitch in last week’s Champions League first leg at Chelsea and any team who face a United team without Rooney know it gives them an advantage, despite Fergie having other top-line strikers like Javier Hernandez and Dimitar Berbatov to call on.

I think United are the biggest losers in this, going to Wembley without their best player. They have been punished more than anyone, certainly more than any television viewer who briefly caught Rooney’s outburst at Upton Park.

That was over so quickly, I don’t think most people would have realised what was said without all the repeats. United are a much better team when Rooney plays so, by implication, his absence gives City a better chance. In my view, it slightly tilts the odds in their favour.

People are beginning to talk about United’s Treble chances but I don’t think Sir Alex Ferguson will be thinking along those lines. It wasn’t long ago that Arsenal were being tipped to have a go at winning four trophies. What is possible and what actually happens in the end are two different things.

It has been said United haven’t been at their best this season but don’t go along with the theory that they’ve somehow muddled their way into this position.

Top of the Premier League, favourites to reach the Champions League final, an FA Cup semi-final. Every other club must wish they were that average.

United have an extremely strong squad and it takes many years to build that up properly. It’s not only about acquiring and developing the players either. When a manager like Fergie is in charge for a long time, he gets to know the players inside-out and that helps his judgment when deciding which individuals to pick for which games.

It’s unfortunate for him he won’t have Rooney next weekend. I wonder what Lord Triesman, Dave Richards and all those who listened to the parliamentary inquiry think about that.

* Sir Alex Ferguson wasn’t the only one in football with an interest in the Grand National. I had That’s Rhythm in the Liverpool FC sweepstake, I liked the name until I found out it was 150-1. Not surprisingly, it fell at the first fence!

Kenny Dalglish: The FA should get their own house in order before dishing out punishment | Mail Online

Shimo

Nice one from King Kenny but, wonder if it's a bit of mind games in saying we'll miss Rooney enough now to tilt the favor towards City.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nah, Thats just Dalglish being a wider elder statesman of football now, speaking plain logic. I think he and SAF are both abit too long in the tooth to have the banter of yesteryear between each other and no doubt there will be mutual respect between both of them.

I've alwya thought Dalglish was a class act as a player and person. His actions after Bradford went way beyond the call of duty and is is rightly revered by Liverpool fans. And respect is earned because people a real leader of men can see through the bullshit and speak logically and truthfully. Good on him for such a frank and robust POV on this, but it does not surprise me. And he is spot one.

Maybe that is why the FA has put so much spotlight on the Rooney incident so as to remove the spotlight from the Government enquiry into the FA. It does seem that the select committee are trying desperately to drag the skeletons out of the FA cupboard and give them a big dusting down. I would not be surprised in the slightest if English football is about to be hit with the mother of all scandals which lurk deep within the murky untold stories of the FA's actions of the past few years.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Paddy Barclay on Sunday Supplement calling for at least a six-game ban for Rooney.

Barclay's lost the plot in the last 12 months.

Rooney1987

I don't follow Barclay on twitter but I knew he would say his bullshit I remember him calling his book on Fergie fair when he is the biggest Fergie hater out there. Paddy is an Idiot.

dev1l

Trevor Brooking who was on the board that suspended Rooney for 3 games after being sent off in a friendly says the FA were right re: Rooney ban. I ve always had the impression that this cnut was one of the key figures behind the FA's decision....

FA's Rooney ban backed by Brooking

Football Association director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking believes his organisation's decision to suspend Wayne Rooney for two matches for swearing has the support of almost everyone he has come across at the grassroots level of the game

"You have got to be consistent, that would be the biggest get-out from the footballing point of view, so-and-so got sent off last week and the same thing happened, so we have got to be consistent.

Wayne Rooney's two-match ban for swearing backed by Trevor Brooking | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

And he even talks about the FA being "consistent".....:lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Wow, that's actually unbelievable.

Consistent is the last word you would ever use to describe that useless bunch of feckwits.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
To be fair, he's talking about it in the future tense, not saying that the Rooney decision was consistent -

Brooking called for the game's major governing bodies to formulate clear disciplinary guidelines over the summer to ensure everyone in the game knows where they stand.

"The powers that be have got to sit down and say 'look, to help everyone you've got to get a consistency, for the referee so they know whatever decision they take there is going to be a general support from the different bodies that are represented','' he added.
I don't agree with him on the aspect of the ban, but if he's saying they'll make it so everyone can get a ban for swearing, fine.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Isn't he head of the FA Youth Development?

The one area of the FA that's such a pathetic spiteful shambles, it makes their disciplinary system look comparatively good.

Kelvin

Ex-Manchester United star Paddy Crerand has hit out at the FA over Wayne Rooney’s two-match ban for swearing, claiming they have an agenda against the club.

Crerand told Keys and Gray that he doesn’t believe any player should be banned for using bad language and that Rooney was targeted because he was a United player.

“There’s an agenda against Manchester United. It’s been going on for years; it’s not going to stop. There’s a great deal of jealously out there. It’s not acceptable to swear if you’re a Manchester United player,” he said.

“That’s where all the trouble started with all the goodie-two-shoes people from all over the world that have never swore, and have obviously never been to a football match. Where these people come from I don’t know.”

He went on to claim that Rooney wasn’t swearing at the camera during the outburst at Upton Park, but was angry with the cameraman.

“People don’t realise Wayne Rooney didn’t swear at the camera, he swore at the cameraman because the cameraman asked him to kiss the camera. Well that’s what I was told by people in the club. Cameramen have a habit of encroaching on the pitch and getting players to kiss the camera so Wayne had a go at the cameraman, from what I believe.”

He was also quick to point out that nobody is up in arms over Tottenham striker Peter Crouch’s supposed swearing against Stoke at the weekend.

“I’ve not seen a mention of it in the papers,” he said. “You ask anybody in England today if they’ve read anything about it in the press, has anybody on television mentioned it? I think that proves the case more than anything else about the situation with Wayne Rooney.”

Speaking about United’s hopes of winning the Premier League, he says that despite their seven point lead, the title race is not over yet.

“There are six matches and every one is a difficult match, and there are the European matches too and the FA cup semi-final against City. There’s a bit to go yet.”

As for the Champions League quarter-final against Chelsea, he believes United still have lots to do tomorrow night.

“That game’s not over yet," he added. "United will have to score again I think, maybe score more than once. But they’ve got a great opportunity to get there after the result last Wednesday.”

Exclusive - Crerand:

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
He went on to claim that Rooney wasn’t swearing at the camera during the outburst at Upton Park, but was angry with the cameraman.

“People don’t realise Wayne Rooney didn’t swear at the camera, he swore at the cameraman because the cameraman asked him to kiss the camera. Well that’s what I was told by people in the club. Cameramen have a habit of encroaching on the pitch and getting players to kiss the camera so Wayne had a go at the cameraman, from what I believe.”
That's the key part for me.

Sir A1ex

Are you lot ever going to stop bleating about this?
Good point.

It's definitely United who have indulged in over-the-top bleating on this issue.

We should learn from the media and FA on how to maintain a balanced, dignified position, rather than blowing things out of all proportion and whipping up a frenzy.

NC11

That's the key part for me.
Indeed. People keep referring to how, allegedly, Rooney deliberately went towards the camera and shouted at the viewers. That is why he got a ban, and Crouch for example, did not.

Utter crap if you ask me...

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Are you lot ever going to stop bleating about this?
I wonder if I have enough time on my hands to actually follow you around and delete all your obvious trolling attempts. Probably not to be honest. Maybe we mods could do shift work between us?