Rooney Dropped | Megathread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple.Threat

offers zero every time he's on. I felt like a few times he had a runner ahead of him and he did a turnaround spin and made the wrong pass.

Count Orduck

Bringing him on was a waste of a substitution. I suppose we've gone from "undroppable" to "will be brought on with fifteen minutes to go in every game without fail", which is a step in the right direction because at least we have 75 Rooneyless minutes.

Seasidered

He did well in his little cameo today put in a superb cross at the end after his poor corner and involved in the goal.

Rada

You would think he would be more motivated since he is benched, but somehow he is playing worse. He just stood around doing nothing on Allen's goal, what a waste.

spwd

He did well in his little cameo today put in a superb cross at the end after his poor corner and involved in the goal.
The only involvement he had in the goal was miscontrolling the ball, yes he put a few good balls in but also at least one shite corner and passed square when he should have shot so I wouldn't say he did well, wasn't shocking either.

DocRockter

Cmon keep the whining going, the place isn't the same without it.. Some might say you're ungrateful twats with no respect for the club but hey, keep it going if it makes it better..

wr8_utd

:'(
Absolutely ridiculous that he's getting so much hate for today. He came on for a little while, was involved in the goal and had an all right game.

mav_9me

While this defeat is clearly not on him, playing with him is like playing with 10 men.

As others have said, it's now obvious how much better we are without him. So out of the starting XI is a start. Next is to not waste a sub on him.

Seasidered

I am surprised nobody on here as blamed pogbas miss from 3 yards on rooney yet after all he was on the pitch so he must have some involvement in it.

wr8_utd

While this defeat is clearly not on him, playing with him is like playing with 10 men.

As others have said, it's now obvious how much better we are without him. So out of the starting XI is a start. Next is to not waste a sub on him.
He came on because we were creating nothing in the second half.

An Irish Red

Absolutely ridiculous that he's getting so much hate for today. He came on for a little while, was involved in the goal and had an all right game.
He failed to control a simple pass and nearly fell over before allowing a defender to close the distance and tackle him. It was hardly an inspired piece of play, was it?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out how bad he is now. Or how he practically plays as a centre-back these days. Or how he's worse at taking corners than Phil Jones.

wr8_utd

There was someone on here having a go at him for not shooting from 30 yards out and passing it to Martial to put a cross in. Yes I guess it made total sense to go for a long range shot against a keeper in the form of his life.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His involvement in the goal was even more of a fluke than on Thursday. He got tackled in the box, because he is always slow to react. It fortunately fell to Martial who did the rest. It won't even go down as an assist unlike his trampoline first touch in the Europa League will.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He didn't do much that was notably awful but he's just hard to watch in that his game is full of deficiencies. His passes are regularly overhit or underhit because he seems unable to control them. Yet despite that we still seem to put him on set-pieces for some reason.

He had one opportunity at the very, very end of the game (as in, pretty much the last kick), and he chose to square it instead of shooting for some reason. Have no idea why and it was frustrating as feck.

I also fail to see what he offers as a sub. He's not composed enough to control or kill of a game when we're winning, and isn't energetic or pacey enough to offer something different when we need a goal.

Last edited:

Ixion

I think his substitution was just like Thursday, came on and was just average, not good not bad. Not sure what he was instructed to do but I'd rather he was in and around the edge of the box more.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There was someone on here having a go at him for not shooting from 30 yards out and passing it to Martial to put a cross in. Yes I guess it made total sense to go for a long range shot against a keeper in the form of his life.
Are you talking about that chance at the end of the game? Because if so then it was pretty much the last kick of the game...and shooting would've been by far the most sensible option for him. It was closer than 30 years too if we're thinking of the same incident, was just outside the box by the time he passed it.

AndyJ1985

Everything he does ranges from terrible to painfully average. Having this lump in the team does nothing but give the other team an advantage.

wr8_utd

Are you talking about that chance at the end of the game? Because if so then it was pretty much the last kick of the game...and shooting would've been by far the most sensible option for him. It was closer than 30 years too if we're thinking of the same incident, was just outside the box by the time he passed it.
No it really made no sense shooting from there. Passing it to Martial to put in a cross for all the giants we have in our team was a far better option than trying to take a shot from 20-30 yards out against a keeper who was letting in nothing at all. Had he shot instead of passing, everyone would be going apeshit crazy at him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
No it really made no sense shooting from there. Passing it to Martial to put in a cross for all the giants we have in our team was a far better option than trying to take a shot from 20-30 yards out against a keeper who was letting in nothing at all. Had he shot instead of passing, everyone would be going apeshit crazy at him.
But it was the last kick of the game, pretty much. Rooney was in a fantastic position to shoot.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I think Memphis is the more pointless of the two. Not a compliment to Rooney, though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Cringed at the corner he took today. Just a thoroughly pointless player now. I'd have more liked for Carrick to come on so Herrera could push a bit further or get Fellaini instead of Rooney.

RedIke

I swear after reading these posts, you'd think Wayne donkey punched all of your mothers.

I don't, and will not ever understand the hate. He is such a non story it's baffling.

Devil may care

I also fail to see what he offers as a sub. He's not composed enough to control or kill of a game when we're winning, and isn't energetic or pacey enough to offer something different when we need a goal.
This. You need to offer one or the other when you're being subbed on to effect a game as opposed to just replacing an injured player, he offers nothing to the team at all.

Classical Mechanic

Cringed at the corner he took today. Just a thoroughly pointless player now. I'd have more liked for Carrick to come on so Herrera could push a bit further or get Fellaini instead of Rooney.
To be fair he put in a cracking cross straight after that.

That 'assist' though! Maybe when Phil Bardsley knocked him out it has affected his reactions or something.

Devil may care

I swear after reading these posts, you'd think Wayne donkey punched all of your mothers.

I don't, and will not ever understand the hate. He is such a non story it's baffling.
What hate? People are just saying he is a pointless player as a sub as well as a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.