Rooney Dropped | Megathread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Doesn't even deserve sub minutes. That said thus far he's been quite lucky for us and I would persist with him for now.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I swear after reading these posts, you'd think Wayne donkey punched all of your mothers.

I don't, and will not ever understand the hate. He is such a non story it's baffling.
To be fair I think a man with an ego the size of Wayne's would prefer to be hated than not thought about at all.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
not the point. we are still not good is the point. wonddering what the next solution will be from red cafes tactical geniuses, probably a january signing like capoue
We've played much worse than today and won over the years. Today was a freak result where De Gea happened to make a massive drop and Lee Grant played like someone who should be in goal for Real Madrid.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We dropped rooney. We are still not good. Next narrative required. Need shaw in the side to win?
What? We are definitely better with our general play. Our problem was not putting those chances away. Let's not start with this Rooney thing everytime we drop points. He's quite rightly not good enough to start and the team needs to develop and move on.

NK86

not the point. we are still not good is the point. wonddering what the next solution will be from red cafes tactical geniuses, probably a january signing like capoue
We are infinitely better. What is the point you are making in any case?

Crashoutcassius

What? We are definitely better with our general play. Our problem was not putting those chances away. Let's not start with this Rooney thing everytime we drop points. He's quite rightly not good enough to start and the team needs to develop and move on.
We played well in the nice passing football way, at home vs one of the worst sides in the league. In terms of effectiveness, since we have dropped rooney we are still playing ineffectively, altho better than before.

I guess im just interested in the narrative stuff that comes from the forum. Last week everyone said we just play herrera with pogba and he'll be brilliant. Then this week that ones out the window. I am predicting the next scape goat will be blind, as shaw is a more fashionable player, just like martial is more fashionable than lingard, despite being about as effective or less effective this season - won't be long before the reason we aren't good is lingard playing ahead of martial

Dir Wangem

Rooney starts on the bench for 2 PL games. The result?

5 goals scored, 15-20 chances created, higher tempo, better passing, and 4 points(extremely unlucky to not get 6). But yeah, it has nothing to do with Rooney no longer occupying the most important space on the field with his horrendous first touch and non-existing link-up play. It's only a coinscidence.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We played well in the nice passing football way, at home vs one of the worst sides in the league. In terms of effectiveness, since we have dropped rooney we are still playing ineffectively, altho better than before.

I guess im just interested in the narrative stuff that comes from the forum. Last week everyone said we just play herrera with pogba and he'll be brilliant. Then this week that ones out the window. I am predicting the next scape goat will be blind, as shaw is a more fashionable player, just like martial is more fashionable than lingard, despite being about as effective or less effective this season - won't be long before the reason we aren't good is lingard playing ahead of martial
I hear what you're saying but it doesn't change the fact that Rooney adds nothing to the team at this moment. He is rightfully dropped. It's not helpful if we keep going back to this Rooney thing - let the team move on even if we win or lose. He's a negative.

Likewise, yes I agree that some of us flop from one player to the next at times depending on what's going on, but that's because sports is emotional. Doubt anyone means to scapegoat anyone tbh.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

5 goals scored, 15-20 chances created, higher tempo, better passing, and 4 points(extremely unlucky to not get 6). But yeah, it has nothing to do with Rooney no longer occupying the most important space on the field with his horrendous first touch and non-existing link-up play. It's only a coinscidence.
:houllier:

In fairness to Rooney, he was less shit today than he was before he was dropped, so it might be having the right affect.

I still see no reason to recall him, but after the result today, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start at Anfield. Especially if he does well for England.

AndyJ1985

In fairness to Rooney, he was less shit today than he was before he was dropped, so it might be having the right affect.

I still see no reason to recall him, but after the result today, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start at Anfield. Especially if he does well for England.
He never does well for England. And starting a plodder like him against a team that press as well as Liverpool would be madness.

Mindhunter

Ok, what's your solution? Also, for the record, everyone here believes that playing a 2 man midfield won't get the best out of Pogba even if the other man is Herrera.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

That doesn't say much. Took over the corners from the one player who seems capable of taking one and then takes freekicks when he is awful at them as well.

Mr. Ant

I kind of like the current situation, we play better without him and when he is subbed on his shit touch provides an element of surprise and leads to a goal :D

gulli_G

I kind of like the current situation, we play better without him and when he is subbed on his shit touch provides an element of surprise and leads to a goal :D
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes he crap touch is like a silva through ball, magic.

itso 7

If you are playing well enough the goals, and points, will eventually come because at the end of the day it's a process not an event. Its not like when we were starting with Rooney we were banging them in either, then we were creating sweet FA and still conceding soft goals.

Giggs86

He doesn't even look like a footballer anymore. When he was warming up it looked like some chubby ball-boy was messing around the real players. When he came in it was the same as if Mata was red carded. No impact whatsoever.

ti vu

Why Rooney took our set piece? Still angry bout that free kick before our conceded goal. Then some useless corners at the end...

Marcelinho87

Both sides remained unchanged with Wayne Rooney, who impressed in the Europa League win on Thursday, starting on the United bench for the third successive time.
This is in the match report on SkySports.com.

Fecking rediculous.

IRELANDUNITED

I missed the entire game today, can anyone fill me in on how we played, should we have won etc, please?

I missed the entire game today, can anyone fill me in on how we played, should we have won etc, please?
Should have been 4-0 up after 45. We played well and were hammering them with 10 men behind the ball but just couldn't get past their keeper who was having one of those days.

Then Rooney came on, fluffed a first touch which fell fortunately to Martial, and hit a few corners to the first man. Looked rather like a bloke who had won a competition to play with his heroes.

Except Pogba was good today.

AN17

Game should have been done and dusted in the first half, if not for some wasteful finishing and their goalkeeper playing out of his skin. Martial scored a well taken goal, a victory only denied because De Gea fumled / mishandled a clearance.

Jaybomb

Most logical thing I've read on this. We were extremely unlucky not to get the 3 points today. De Gea made an absolute blunder. We clearly outplayed Stoke and should have scored about 5 or 6.

Had to laugh at the commentators praising Rooney for that "assist"... Embarrassing. They would just love him to start scoring again so he can bench Zlatan and they can talk about how great the almighty English captain (who couldn't beat Iceland) is. :rolleyes:

Replace Lingard with Martial and keep everything the same. That would be my advice.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We are actually much better and more creative up front without him.
yeah we have been banging them in lol
:lol:

In the last 2 games, we have treated him like a lamp-post - merely bouncing the ball off of him and hoping that another player picks up the ricochet.
I actually think Rooney is great to have to bring on at 60 minutes. In both games, he came on and was involved in helping us score.

Rada

In the last 2 games, we have treated him like a lamp-post - merely bouncing the ball off of him and hoping that another player picks up the ricochet.
I actually think Rooney is great to have to bring on at 60 minutes. In both games, he came on and was involved in helping us score.
Rooney were just as much involved in today's goal as much as i was involved.

ti vu

... And ruining some chances/ play.

markhrad

Most logical thing I've read on this. We were extremely unlucky not to get the 3 points today. De Gea made an absolute blunder. We clearly outplayed Stoke and should have scored about 5 or 6.

Had to laugh at the commentators praising Rooney for that "assist"... Embarrassing. They would just love him to start scoring again so he can bench Zlatan and they can talk about how great the almighty English captain (who couldn't beat Iceland) is. :rolleyes:

Replace Lingard with Martial and keep everything the same. That would be my advice.
I agree. Sometimes things just don't go your way but in the long run if we keep up these performances we will be ok. I also agree about lingard and Martial. Lingard has had chances to impress but really has not while Martial looks like he is back in form

Status
Not open for further replies.