Rooney: Man Utd should have stuck with Van Gaal | He doesn't actually say this

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Title is missleading but why are people ignoring the quotes in the article, he is literally comparing us under van Gaal and Mourinho and implying that it was better under van Gaal. And that is as we all know for selfish reasons, because van Gaal allowed him to do everything he wanted. It's a dig at Mourinho too.
That's how I see it too. He is incredibly selfish.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Yes, exactly we've been suffering because of the that new high priced contract given to Wayne, by Moyes ever since!
To some extent Rooney became 'fireproof', no one would buy him, on his wages and given his overall form thereafter, we couldn't give him away, again because of wages he was drawing.
Jose deserves some credit for 'finding' a way out for the Club and for Rooney. However, Everton initially pleased with the deal, might change their minds over the next season?

Still despite all that and the rubbish that's going to get published from now on, Rooney gave us many splendid moments which will not be easily forgotten.
May not be easily forgotten, but very easily overshadowed. Look at Keane, an absolute beast of a captain, and played a huge part in our greatest success. Yet the comments he has made since leaving Utd have seriously affected people's view of him. Only those who have seen him play and remember those times well, will be willing to somewhat overlook his statements because of his immense contributions. Those who are too young, will remember only the stories of the bitterness and anger he has displayed following his departure, and that is truly a great shame.

Sad Chris

So called counter attacking position under José with up to 60% possession in game?

LVG is almost a communist on a football pitch whilst José is capitalism; though most will know which is better; on a football pitch there has been proof of both being implemented together for great benefit.

Though LVG was never a manager to take us forward, his ideas and his observations of United as a whole has and will assist us.

José is the man to take us forward for now & I've personally been happy that he hasn't necessarily put all LVG's fine tuning of smaller details straight in to the bin - adding Jose's tactics on top to the possession and positioning football has helped us whether people would admit it or not.

The solid structure of 11 at bayern and pre-enrique Barcelona always felt like an army when facing against them; because years after LVG had gone they still held positioning and possession and could implement tactics down to a tee of the managers that came to manage them.

José has helped us progress significantly and we are starting to feel like a well tuned machine once again but I expect one day for the true beauty of this club show when we revert back to the 352- which jose has tested but cannot trust just as of yet.

Good times ahead:drool:
Wow, what a pile of dogshit about LVG. I'm thankful for the ignore button in situations like this.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Those who are too young, will remember only the stories of the bitterness and anger he has displayed following his departure, and that is truly a great shame
Yes, true again, what's that line about "the evil men do live on after them, the good is often interred with their bones" was it that Shakespeare guy, manages Leicester now!;)

Kapardin

The solid structure of 11 at bayern and pre-enrique Barcelona always felt like an army when facing against them; because years after LVG had gone they still held positioning and possession and could implement tactics down to a tee of the managers that came to manage them.

José has helped us progress significantly and we are starting to feel like a well tuned machine once again but I expect one day for the true beauty of this club show when we revert back to the 352- which jose has tested but cannot trust just as of yet.
Was the discovery of fire and the evolution of man also due to foundations laid down by LvG?

Red_Aaron

If lvg had stayed on then wazza would've become a full time midfielder which I think he wanted all along and he'd still be here now stinking the place out

I don't think lvg is as bad a manager as some think and I wouldn't totally discount the possibility he could've got it right eventually however he's stubborn to a point that I think the turnaround under him would've taken far longer than would be acceptable.

wolvored

If lvg had stayed on then wazza would've become a full time midfielder which I think he wanted all along and he'd still be here now stinking the place out

I don't think lvg is as bad a manager as some think and I wouldn't totally discount the possibility he could've got it right eventually however he's stubborn to a point that I think the turnaround under him would've taken far longer than would be acceptable.
Here anyway

LoneStar

The way Jose handled his departure was just really good. Under LVG, we had very average players and flops (all signed by him) and played the most tumescent football ever. Jose comes in and gets rid of the deadwood (Depay, Morgan and BFS) and marginalised Rooney to a squad player.

Fast forward to now and we have such an intimidating team, filled with young players. The biggest indicator is the way rivals have treated us. They were actually concerned for us and pitied us (same way as most do with Arsenal now). But now all that hate and bitterness is back in full force. :keano:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Did the twat ever says anything good with sincerity about united??
"I  could see   where Jose was going with the team and they will be a big success."

But don't bother actually reading what he said or anything.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me

Yes, I would tend to agree.
The problem was LvG's philosophy required players to have individuals skills and a in-game mentality that our current crop didn't have, (in sufficient numbers anyway).
Louis hadn't a pragmatic bone in his body, so he was effectively pushing a snowball up a mountain. Rooney in many ways I think hid his own form behind his captaincy role and at times he struggled with it, because Wayne is a natural rebel, not a natural Captain, he could lead from the front in term's of 'this is what I want' but that was the only string in his leadership bow.

LvG brought Rooney into the tent rather than leave him outside to cause disruption, the best way to do that was make him Captain, even when all could see Schweinstieger was much more like Captain material.
It sounds as if there is much more to come and the club, Jose and the players, all need to brace themselves!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just read the full thing in The Sun and it's not a hatchet job on Jose he's just saying IF van Gaal had stayed it would have improved. Mind you it couldn't really get worse could it?

Woodzy

If Van Gaal stayed then Rooney would have played every game. Can see why he would have been all for it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Another season with van Gaal in charge would've been fecking depressing. Just think that summer we were able to land Pogba, Zlatan, Bailly and Mkhi I wonder who we would've signed if van Gaal had stayed on. My guess is we would've struggled to attract top players and I think we would've lost a few of our own.

Hawks2008

12 months ago Rooney was the made man in Manchester, Moyes and LVG never had the balls to drop him, he had his friends in the media singing his praises and making bullshit statements about 'silent domination'. So glad Mourinho got this guy out of here, despite his legend status.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
12 months ago Rooney was the made man in Manchester, Moyes and LVG never had the balls to drop him, he had his friends in the media singing his praises and making bullshit statements about 'silent domination'. So glad Mourinho got this guy out of here, despite his legend status.
This. Rooney got special treatment under Moyes and LvG I was so happy Mourinho put a stop to that and rightfully dropped him from the team. He wasn't good enough to start for us anymore.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
"I  could see   where Jose was going with the team and they will be a big success."

But don't bother actually reading what he said or anything.
Like I said people wanting to see what they want.

I hated the fact that Rooney was being picked to play for us despite showing poor form and at time I couldn't bear the irritation seeing his name in the starting line up but that fortunately got fixed even if later than sooner.

But this obsession and hatred from some people toward a guy who happens to be a club legend is down right ditasteful.

Kapardin

Another season with van Gaal in charge would've been fecking depressing. Just think that summer we were able to land Pogba, Zlatan, Bailly and Mkhi I wonder who we would've signed if van Gaal had stayed on. My guess is we would've struggled to attract top players and I think we would've lost a few of our own.
Actually, LvG had some solid targets - Lukaku, Mane and Eriksen. And I think the first two would have been willing to come even with LvG and EL football. We wouldn't have been able to get Eriksen.

But LvG had to go. His tactics would have ruined Lukaku and Mane too had they joined then anyway.

Dante

Average bang
Like I said people wanting to see what they want.

I hated the fact that Rooney was being picked to play for us despite showing poor form and at time I couldn't bear the irritation seeing his name in the starting line up but that fortunately got fixed even if later than sooner.

But this obsession and hatred from some people toward a guy who happens to be a club legend is down right ditasteful.
Exactly. New signings always talk about how great our supporters are, and how welcome everyone makes them feel - even more so than they've experienced at their previous clubs. Our fans normally have a bit more class than the white-hanky waving, boo-boys you get elsewhere. Unfortunately, it looks we're beginning to turn that way as well. Inevitable, I suppose.

Hed Zitin

Of course he was always going to say nice things about LvG. LvG threw away all our senior strikers for him and then when he flopped big time in that position was accommodated in a deeper role, where all he did with all the "posheshion" was pass the ball out to a wide player.

Jose on the other hand got rid of him. No compromises, no accommodating him. Out.

Dante

Average bang
Of course he was always going to say nice things about LvG. LvG threw away all our senior strikers for him and then when he flopped big time in that position was accommodated in a deeper role, where all he did with all the "posheshion" was pass the ball out to a wide player.

Jose on the other hand got rid of him. No compromises, no accommodating him. Out.
He's also complimentary about Mourinho.

FromTheBench

Lvg's 2nd season was worse than the first. The signings he was making we're flopping one after the another plus team was playing shocking football.

I am not at all sure it would have gotten better.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
So who's responsible for the first half of the title? Why's this place so clickbait

buckooo1978

what a dull interview

the thread title is nonsense - expects Jose to win the league and Lukaku a perfect signing

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He just used united to distract his drunk driving incident.

How convenient this interview just a few days after the fiasco.

If any he got bigger things to explain to everton fans, not talking about united.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I listened to most of it and didn't hear him slag off Jose. He was quite warm to van Gaal, but of course he would be, he was undroppable despite his terrible performances. Also, wasn't the interview done prior to his latest scandal?

buckooo1978

He just used united to distract his drunk driving incident.

How convenient this interview just a few days after the fiasco.

If any he got bigger things to explain to everton fans, not talking about united.
convenient for Talk Sport - the interview was recorded before his latest feck up

interesting when he's asked has he learned from his mistakes and he replies I hope so :lol:

Home&Away

Was the discovery of fire and the evolution of man also due to foundations laid down by LvG?
No what does that have to do about football?

Listen - you can make all the fun and jokes you want but my theory is supported by robben, Xavi, inestia, muller, alaba, and also spoken by people in different jobs like neville and balague.

What's your theory exactly?

As blinded as you might think I am - don't think that you have some clear and straightforward view; we are still bossing possession better than ever before through a manager who prefers counterattack game play. We now have a good chance of scoring with and without the ball. I wonder why that's the case? Maybe just maybe it's got something to do with the fact that United as a club (not the first xi) played nothing but dour possession and position based football..

But okay, il give you this one, LVG was a small but significant part of evolution - not of humanity but of the club and how it approaches its tactics, passing, teamwork and so on. Before you might end up a little confused; I am not saying that LVG is the reason we are at the top but he was more than beneficial.

Alrighty matey?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
No what does that have to do about football?

Listen - you can make all the fun and jokes you want but my theory is supported by robben, Xavi, inestia, muller, alaba, and also spoken by people in different jobs like neville and balague.

What's your theory exactly?

As blinded as you might think I am - don't think that you have some clear and straightforward view; we are still bossing possession better than ever before through a manager who prefers counterattack game play. We now have a good chance of scoring with and without the ball. I wonder why that's the case? Maybe just maybe it's got something to do with the fact that United as a club (not the first xi) played nothing but dour possession and position based football..

But okay, il give you this one, LVG was a small but significant part of evolution - not of humanity but of the club and how it approaches its tactics, passing, teamwork and so on. Before you might end up a little confused; I am not saying that LVG is the reason we are at the top but he was more than beneficial.

Alrighty matey?
Lol. Foundation. Not these again pls....

Manager are judged by what they field and how they play during his tenure, not years after.

A few extraordinary case such as cruyff at barcelona and alex ferguson at united. But even 26 years of alex ferguson wiped away in one season by the mighty david.

Different set up, different formation, different approach to the game, different player, but it's due to van gaal?