Rooney: Manchester United should go 'all out' for Mauricio Pochettino

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Attila, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Feb 8, 2019

Bobcat Full Member

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
    People thought that about Mouhrino as well. To be fair if we hire Poch i believe he is going to do much better than Mouhrino, but saying there is "no risk" after all we have been through with the last three managers seems a bit naive to me
  2. Feb 8, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

I think we need more long term planning than that. It sounds good in theory but we need to start moving in a certain and definitive direction. This option would require recalibration again once Ole is replaced in a year's time. No two managers likes and dislikes are the same. More spending which doesn't translate well between managerial stints would again hurt our long term prospects.
  3. Feb 8, 2019

Yeah every manager/player comes with a risk.
  4. Feb 8, 2019

Beagle Full Member

The only gripe with having Ole is that the way he waxes lyrical about having such fantastic players that even if he got the permanent job he might not bring anyone in. He could be on a mission to disprove everything Jose ever said about the team.:lol:
  5. Feb 8, 2019

ReddBalls New Member

It is called giving the players confidence.
  6. Feb 8, 2019

Nah he's too intelligent for that. He's trying to build back their morale and breed an environment of positivity. You can see hints here and there of him knowing that we need improvement. Regarding the Leicester result while focusing on our positive result, he did mention that our control in the second half was lacking and that we could have pressed better in their half.
  7. Feb 8, 2019

staniswin New Member

Jones just renewed ( which means another money saving strategy ) and i don't think Poch will like him when he used to have Alderweireld and Verthonghen. I suggest you should just support spurs , it will be easier for you to support him cause He won't be our manager , not in million years.
  8. Feb 8, 2019

Pexbo has never watched Star Wars

Jones renewing doesn’t mean we’re not going to invest in a top centre back. It just means that we’re not going to allow a commodity to expire and let someone else sign him for free.

He will continue to be competing for a spot with the other players and hopefully the others will rise above him and he will he moved on in a couple of seasons to a mid table side when he’s at a good age and experience for them.
  9. Feb 8, 2019

rollingstoned1 Full Member

wow. overreaction much? :lol: i Don't even know where to begin or how you assumed I am some Poch fanboy, to say nothing of the advise to support another club.
  10. Feb 8, 2019

Beagle Full Member

Yeah I fully agree he's way smarter than what people give him credit for and my post was mostly in jest. I'm sure he has a very good assessment of the squad by now and given the job he would be well prepared with who to add to the squad.
  11. Feb 8, 2019

OleTheGreat New Member

I think you are underestimating Pochettino's potential. We have only seen the best football Spurs can play with that squad. He can do wonders with that Madrid squad and certainly ours.
  12. Feb 11, 2019

Nikelesh Reddy Full Member

I can see your point,but since his credentials to become our next manager where practically non existent before he came here...Since he doesn’t have any concrete achievements as a manager at the highest level....He can’t just play good football and win more than his predecessor to get the job,he has to achieve something substantial.

And finishing top 4 by overturning a 11 point deficit,while playing good football and displaying championship winning consistency is substantial.So finishing top 4 is important for him to get the job full time because he clearly doesn’t have the body of work to get such a big job....
  13. Feb 12, 2019

CA_vampire New Member

This is just speculation. He could go to Madrid and be a massive failure and be sacked after 6 months. You underestimate the pressure that a Madrid manager has to face. It is much easier to manage Spurs, with zero expectations, and zero trophies. Let us not forget that Pochettino has won nothing. This is okay for Spurs, unacceptable for Real.