Rooney: Manchester United should go 'all out' for Mauricio Pochettino

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I am for Poch. Yes, everything now is good and (i hope) it will be for the rest of the season with Ole. But i agree with Rooney. We must go for Poch. He is made for us and he is not a risk. He is just perfect manager for Man Utd.
But my opinion is that Ed will hire Ole. Free solution who can be huge success. And did i mention that he is basically free?:wenger:
People thought that about Mouhrino as well. To be fair if we hire Poch i believe he is going to do much better than Mouhrino, but saying there is "no risk" after all we have been through with the last three managers seems a bit naive to me

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some very valid arguments for either Poch or OGS.

OGS has had an amazing start but that is a far cry from continued success and squad building.

Poch has a been fantastic for Spurs considering the resources, however the pressure is less there is no guarantee he could handle the move.

What I don't understand is this talk of 'permanent' manager. Poch has already said he has unfinished business at Spurs and it may not be the right time for him just now.

In that scenario why not give OGS an extension for next season? One season only. Gives time to Poch and also OGS..... low risk and all should become clear by then.
I think we need more long term planning than that. It sounds good in theory but we need to start moving in a certain and definitive direction. This option would require recalibration again once Ole is replaced in a year's time. No two managers likes and dislikes are the same. More spending which doesn't translate well between managerial stints would again hurt our long term prospects.

amolbhatia50k

People thought that about Mouhrino as well. To be fair if we hire Poch i believe he is going to do much better than Mouhrino, but saying there is "no risk" after all we have been through with the last three managers seems a bit naive to me
Yeah every manager/player comes with a risk.

Beagle

The only gripe with having Ole is that the way he waxes lyrical about having such fantastic players that even if he got the permanent job he might not bring anyone in. He could be on a mission to disprove everything Jose ever said about the team.:lol:

ReddBalls

The only gripe with having Ole is that the way he waxes lyrical about having such fantastic players that even if he got the permanent job he might not bring anyone in. He could be on a mission to disprove everything Jose ever said about the team.:lol:
It is called giving the players confidence.

amolbhatia50k

Nah he's too intelligent for that. He's trying to build back their morale and breed an environment of positivity. You can see hints here and there of him knowing that we need improvement. Regarding the Leicester result while focusing on our positive result, he did mention that our control in the second half was lacking and that we could have pressed better in their half.

staniswin

will people stop implying that we are going to penny pinch when all the evidence is plainly to the contrary?:rolleyes:
Jones just renewed ( which means another money saving strategy ) and i don't think Poch will like him when he used to have Alderweireld and Verthonghen. I suggest you should just support spurs , it will be easier for you to support him cause He won't be our manager , not in million years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jones just renewed ( which means another money saving strategy ) and i don't think Poch will like him when he used to have Alderweireld and Verthonghen. I suggest you should just support spurs , it will be easier for you to support him cause He won't be our manager , not in million years.
Jones renewing doesn’t mean we’re not going to invest in a top centre back. It just means that we’re not going to allow a commodity to expire and let someone else sign him for free.

He will continue to be competing for a spot with the other players and hopefully the others will rise above him and he will he moved on in a couple of seasons to a mid table side when he’s at a good age and experience for them.

rollingstoned1

wow. overreaction much? :lol: i Don't even know where to begin or how you assumed I am some Poch fanboy, to say nothing of the advise to support another club.

Beagle

Nah he's too intelligent for that. He's trying to build back their morale and breed an environment of positivity. You can see hints here and there of him knowing that we need improvement. Regarding the Leicester result while focusing on our positive result, he did mention that our control in the second half was lacking and that we could have pressed better in their half.
Yeah I fully agree he's way smarter than what people give him credit for and my post was mostly in jest. I'm sure he has a very good assessment of the squad by now and given the job he would be well prepared with who to add to the squad.

OleTheGreat

The average Real Madrid manager tenure is about 2 seasons. I'm honestly not worried about him going there because he won't last 3 seasons anyway. We could just pick him up after that if Ole doesn't work out. There is absolutely no pressure to pick Pochettino up now.
I think you are underestimating Pochettino's potential. We have only seen the best football Spurs can play with that squad. He can do wonders with that Madrid squad and certainly ours.

Nikelesh Reddy

Us not getting into the CL should have nothing to do with it though in my opinion. He wasn't hired to get us into the top 4 I would presume, he was hired to simply steady the ship and stop us being a massive joke. He's done brilliantly and suddenly top 4 looks very likely again. But it shouldn't be the defining factor if we're still playing well and winning, but at this point if we keep doing those things, we should finish in the CL spots as our competition aren't looking too strong.
I can see your point,but since his credentials to become our next manager where practically non existent before he came here...Since he doesn’t have any concrete achievements as a manager at the highest level....He can’t just play good football and win more than his predecessor to get the job,he has to achieve something substantial.

And finishing top 4 by overturning a 11 point deficit,while playing good football and displaying championship winning consistency is substantial.So finishing top 4 is important for him to get the job full time because he clearly doesn’t have the body of work to get such a big job....

CA_vampire

I think you are underestimating Pochettino's potential. We have only seen the best football Spurs can play with that squad. He can do wonders with that Madrid squad and certainly ours.
This is just speculation. He could go to Madrid and be a massive failure and be sacked after 6 months. You underestimate the pressure that a Madrid manager has to face. It is much easier to manage Spurs, with zero expectations, and zero trophies. Let us not forget that Pochettino has won nothing. This is okay for Spurs, unacceptable for Real.