Rooney - Wants to stay next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If this is from the press conference he was asked if he wants to still be a United player next season and he said of course. What else was he meant to say?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Does this come from the press conference where he was asked something along the lines of "Do you see yourself here next season?", and he replied something to the effect of "I'm focusing on this season, I've been at the club for 13 years, no one knows the future, etc etc, Here? of course".

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
There's nothing else he can say to be honest, even if he wanted to leave. Doesn't mean much, if anything.

Unmutual

Bit of jostling, maybe something to do with loyalty payments and an exit deal? Not convinced Rooney would be happy with a bench role again. He has many faults, but he's always been desperate to play as many games as he can.

podurban2

No. We need to get rid of his wage bill, pronto.

Last edited:

togg

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Coleen will be having a say in this. She loves being close to her family and her business is all here. Plus the kids are no doubt very settled and very integrated with the extended family.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a click bait misinterpretation of a standard pro answer to a question.

Imagine the stories if he'd answered "nah, i'm on my bike son, to whoever pays the most. Or to Everton, if United will lavish me with £10m up front to make up for the insane contract that mug gave me"

Brophs

The One and Only
He couldn't afford to move to London, that's for sure. If it's a few hundred for a brasser and the same again for a packet of fags delivered in Manchester, imagine what the poor fecker would pay in the capital. He'd be broke within the month.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
As @Sandikan said above. Besides, he's not going to say he wants out for a 3rd time. We all know the score anyway. His time is up and it was 4 years ago at least.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
And I want to win the lotto but it's unlikely to happen.

Thanks for the service but it's MLS time for you Wayne..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If this is from the press conference he was asked if he wants to still be a United player next season and he said of course. What else was he meant to say?
Does this come from the press conference where he was asked something along the lines of "Do you see yourself here next season?", and he replied something to the effect of "I'm focusing on this season, I've been at the club for 13 years, no one knows the future, etc etc, Here? of course".
SSN have to get the clicks somehow!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can you imagine how little he'd be playing next season, after another recruitment drive?

it'd be league cup and occasional 3rd sub/home games v relegation candidate material.

Woodzy

Just a media trained footballer answering a question in a way that avoids a media shitstorm.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
There should be a separate Rooney subforum on caf.

Jazz

Of course he couldn't say otherwise. However, I get a sneaky feeling that he's probably not even getting good offers from the MLS. Reckon it's desperation time.

I hope his pride would not allow him to see out his contract on the bench because he hasn't got an offer he considers fits his profile etc..

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He can stay but not as a player. Ball boy might be OK.

edgecutter

We are going to find it extremely difficult to offload him and I have a funny feeling that he will hang around to collect the massive wages he is on.

Sparky10Legend

Of course he couldn't say otherwise. However, I get a sneaky feeling that he's probably not even getting good offers from the MLS. Reckon it's desperation time.

I hope his pride would not allow him to see out his contract on the bench because he hasn't got an offer he considers fits his profile etc..

This, the world knows he's finished.

Water Melon

He is on mega-money, he is settled, he won't leave taking a pay-cut. I doubt there is any club out there, including MLS and Chinese leagues, willing to match his current wages. He will see out his contract with us.

King.of.Red

I really dont want to see him in our team anymore. he's finished. well, if he is indeed still in United, as long as he is never our starting players or main players and not our captain anymore, I dont care.

Fosu-Mens

He is on mega-money, he is settled, he won't leave taking a pay-cut. I doubt there is any club out there, including MLS and Chinese leagues, willing to match his current wages. He will see out his contract with us.
Give him the Schweini-treatment. Into the reserves. Either way it is a question of what Rooney value most: Money or his legacy at OT. And as you i fear that he will go for the money.

edcunited1878

And we want a fecking unicorn tomorrow.

How about you get into better shape and make sacrifices if the club has to keep you. Work on your set piece delivery, can see him filling in as a squad player for a left side attacking role and 3rd choice center forward. But never in central midfield. He has the worst technical ability and is so predictable as a center mid.

Club captain and one of the highest wage earners has to contribute. Go off with John Terry and United will be better off 100%. As much of a legend he is for United, and he is, we don't have too much time for sympathy and water carriers when it comes to players like him. Didn't have it with Rio, Vida, Evra, etc. Only feck up was not replacing these players with similar talent or talent that was remotely close.

Water Melon

Give him the Schweini-treatment. Into the reserves. Either way it is a question of what Rooney value most: Money or his legacy at OT. And as you i fear that he will go for the money.
Mou will never ever give Wayne such a treatment, that is what I am absolutely sure of.

Jazz

If he stays it's hard for the manager etc to just 'ignore him'. He's a distraction even when he's not making a fuss. The best thing is to pay him off and be done with it.

The club needs to play hardball if he decides to hang around. He doesn't keep himself fit for an athlete of his profile anyway, surely his drinking, smoking, not keeping fit means he's committed an implied breach of contract? I don't get it.

manunited1919

Indeed, I also fear noone is that stupid to offer massive wages to him. Maybe we should turn him into a coach, he needs to start getting those coaching badges.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Let's see if Rooney feels like staying when the club brings two strikers and possibly a winger early in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.