Ross Barkley Chelsea player - will wear Lampard's #8 shirt

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Worst signing in history of the club. Pathetic. Signing Barkley when you want to win he big trophies like he can help
We signed Djilobodji, Hector, and Miazga a couple of years ago. Far from the worst signing we've made but certainly puzzling.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
We signed Djilobodji, Hector, and Miazga a couple of years ago. Far from the worst signing we've made but certainly puzzling.
Wright-Phillips, Veron, Falcao...

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Not even the worst midfielder signing beginning with B in the last 6 months.

livs

Supports
Liverpool
Good price they got him for. Never quite hit his potential for Everton. 50/50 if he will succeed at Chelsea. Good to see an English player moving to a bigger club though, same with Drinkwater.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
What?.. For £15m even if he’s a squad player it’s a decent bit of business.
Business doesn't win you trophies. Signing Sanchez is good business not signing ross damn barkley when your trying to compete with City,United and the big boys in europe

Robbie Boy

That's the most positive thing you've ever posted about Chelsea!
I do try. Kind of reminds me of the Ox's transfer to Liverpool. I mean Barkley is clearly talented to some extent but he's never really been able to consistently display it nor has he really nailed down a position.

For the money involved it's a very low risk transfer and even if it doesn't work out, you's will easily recoup the money for him. It's not a bad transfer at all I suppose, but it really could go either way.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Not even the worst midfielder signing beginning with B in the last 6 months.
People here and nearly everywhere I read are making Bakayoko out to be this absolutely shit player. He's had some poor games, some average ones, and some good ones. It's his first season in the PL, in a new country, and with new teammates for goodness sake.

He's actually younger than Ross Barkley! Plenty of time for improvement yet everyone writes him off.

Mcking

What?.. For £15m even if he’s a squad player it’s a decent bit of business.
That fee is almost

• Half the price of Siggurdson.
  • 3/8 the price of Matic
  • 1/5 the price of VVD
  • 1/6 the price of Pogba
  • 1/2 the price of Mkhi, Bailly, Lindelof, Herrera and Shaw.
  • Same price as Blind and Rojo.
  • 1/9 of the price Coutinho is being quoted.
  • 1/7 the the price of Dembele.
  • 1/3 the price of Walker.
  • 3/10 the price of Mendy.
  • 3/4 the price of Everton's Schneiderlin.
  • 3/4 the price of Lyon's Memphis
  • 3/8 the price of Xhaka.
  • 3/8 the price of Bakayoko.
  • 1/2 the price of Rudiger
  • 5/9 the price of Zappacosta.
  • 5/9 the price of Fellaini
and many more.
Someone here says it's a bad deal.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
I do try. Kind of reminds me of the Ox's transfer to Liverpool. I mean Barkley is clearly talented to some extent but he's never really been able to consistently display it nor has he really nailed down a position.

For the money involved it's a very low risk transfer and even if it doesn't work out, you's will easily recoup the money for him. It's not a bad transfer at all I suppose, but it really could go either way.
And Ox went for more than double the fee if I recall correctly. Not an exciting signing but one with no real downside and we're short on homegrown numbers so...

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
And Ox went for more than double the fee if I recall correctly. Not an exciting signing but one with no real downside and we're short on homegrown numbers so...
recall back RLC and recall back lewis baker homegrown numbers fixed not buy that waste of a space.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
recall back RLC and recall back lewis baker homegrown numbers fixed not buy that waste of a space.
Sorry mate, but what exactly do you see in Baker and RLC that proves they're on the same level as Barkley? Just wondering because you're whinging a lot. In my opinion, RLC needs more than one season on loan, and as of yet has proved nothing to say he's on some superior level to Barkley. Also, Baker was promising, but he has done zilch on loan to give confidence he can come back and get into the first team.

Barkley on the other hand has been a first team starter for Everton for many years, and has a lot more Premier league experience than both the aforementioned. I am not saying RLC won't become a top player, but this is his first season on loan at the top level. He needs much longer than a few months on loan at Palace (where he's been good, but not fantastic) to even be ready to get into our squad permanently, let alone be a starter.

Acole9

Outstanding
£15 million is an excellent deal for Chelsea, so much for the English player tax.

kotha

Weren't Spurs the main team trying to sign him? Remember reading on here that was the reason he rejected the last min Chelsea bid in the summer.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Wtf 15 million.

I would’ve loved him at united for that price

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
What is the law to say he has to sign in the summer window? A bit odd. I am sure there was some kind of deal between the club, the player and his agent which would reward them financially if they joined in Jan rather than summer.

Ekeke

So Barkley moves to Chelsea for £15 million and people are on here telling me that you can't get players who would help our title bid for £25 million or less. Okay then.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Weren't Spurs the main team trying to sign him? Remember reading on here that was the reason he rejected the last min Chelsea bid in the summer.
People thew that around as a stick to beat Chelsea with "oh, rejected in favour of Spurs" when it's pretty obvious what happened. Waited six months, saved his new club £20 million and pocketed more dosh himself.

Walters_19_MuFc

Really feel we should have went in for him, especially at 15 million.

Good signing for Chelsea anyhow.

Hope he gets games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So Barkley moves to Chelsea for £15 million and people are on here telling me that you can't get players who would help our title bid for £25 million or less. Okay then.
:lol: Jose hasn't been backed by our stingy board you see. Once you believe that narrative the facts don't matter.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
BARKLEY won't help you to challenge with city .

PoTMS

People thew that around as a stick to beat Chelsea with "oh, rejected in favour of Spurs" when it's pretty obvious what happened. Waited six months, saved his new club £20 million and pocketed more dosh himself.
Yep, Everton fans I know are pretty miffed.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Decent fee. Even if he's a flop they'll recover that back due to the type of player he is.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Not a conte signing then? Wasn't that the case with Luiz too?
I'm actually struggling to think of any outright Conte signings. Maybe Alonso and Zappacosta which he will have known well from Italy. Morata he obviously knew but the club would likely have been after him anyways with Lukaku off the table.

As Conte often says, all he does is recommend targets to the club and they decide what to do. His official title is "First Team Head Coach" rather than manager, after all. Pretty annoying.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm actually struggling to think of any outright Conte signings. Maybe Alonso and Zappacosta which he will have known well from Italy. Morata he obviously knew but the club would likely have been after him anyways with Lukaku off the table.

As Conte often says, all he does is recommend targets to the club and they decide what to do. His official title is "First Team Head Coach" rather than manager, after all. Pretty annoying.
Conte probably asked the club for an attacking midfielder and they got him Barkley. That must be how they got Drinkwater; he asked to club to get him a deep lying playmaker and they got him :lol: