Ross Barkley Chelsea player - will wear Lampard's #8 shirt

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
:lol: What an absolute fecking tosspot, I'm sure the police have better things to do than investigate this.

He fails to acknowledge that Barkley hasn't been playing because he's been injured all season, and that the price has been reduced because the length of time left on his contract has halved, and he was able to sign a pre-contract and move for nothing in 6 months time.

I think ultimately, yeah maybe he's turned down the Chelsea move in the summer as he wouldn't have been available and with the reduced price they've paid, got a bigger signing on bonus I would imagine, I don't see how that constitutes fraud though or could ever be proven.

Ultimately Bill Kenwright himself has come out and said Chelsea were 'immaculate' in negotiations and he sees absolutely no problem with it. To say it's a poor deal for Everton shows a massive lack of understanding as well, they could hardly force him to sign for Chelsea and they've done well to get anything for him considering he didn't want to play for the club, had 6 months on his deal and was coming back from a long-term injury.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
:lol: What an absolute fecking tosspot, I'm sure the police have better things to do than investigate this.

He fails to acknowledge that Barkley hasn't been playing because he's been injured all season, and that the price has been reduced because the length of time left on his contract has halved, and he was able to sign a pre-contract and move for nothing in 6 months time.

I think ultimately, yeah maybe he's turned down the Chelsea move in the summer as he wouldn't have been available and with the reduced price they've paid, got a bigger signing on bonus I would imagine, I don't see how that constitutes fraud though or could ever be proven.

Ultimately Bill Kenwright himself has come out and said Chelsea were 'immaculate' in negotiations and he sees absolutely no problem with it. To say it's a poor deal for Everton shows a massive lack of understanding as well, they could hardly force him to sign for Chelsea and they've done well to get anything for him considering he didn't want to play for the club, had 6 months on his deal and was coming back from a long-term injury.

Is it worth complaining to the FA nevermind the police?
No

I do think we've been ripped off though. Everyone know barkley was long term injured when Chelsea agreed the first deal. So why would they agree to pay an extra 20m and the wages of a player who couldn't play until the next window anyways. Makes absolutely no sense that deal.

It did however mean that Chelsea got to speak to him months before anyone else did.

Everton got taken. Bit by barkley and his agent. A bit by Chelsea.

He's a good signing for Chelsea in that they'll double their money even if he doesn't do much. That's the only reason they have taken the punt though cos he's risk free. Done nothing so far to suggest he can play at that level

el3mel

Up.

Want an example of the average English midfielder ? Here it's !

Average signing like the rest of Chelsea's recently.

Godfather

Always wondered why pull actually wanted us to sign him. He's been shit whenever I've watched him

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It was his first game coming back from injury that kept him out all season until now. Bit soon to say he's an average signing (though I don't get why Chelsea signed him).

Musonda would have been a better option than Barkley off the bench tonight.

AndyJ1985

What a load of rubbish he is. Why on earth did Chelsea sign him, and why do they want more turds like Carroll and Crouch? Home grown quota?

He was poor and I don't particularly rate him but these kneejerk reactions are ridiculous, the lad hasn't played for 7 months! Could turn out a decent signing at that price, although I would have liked to see RLC feature in the Chelsea first team this season instead

cyberman

He needs games to get up to speed but there were a fair amount of Utd fans on here who wanted him as well.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
An English Stefan Jovetic. Clearly talented but not quite sure what they excel at or where their best position is, and careers damaged by injuries. Although it's harsh to pass judgement based on today's performance, he needs to be given time. He could still develop into a very good player, I reckon he'll do alright at Chelsea without being anything special.

Zoo

He looked lost and Conte was barking at him throughout. His teammates didn’t seem to want to pass him the ball.

AndyJ1985

He needs games to get up to speed but there were a fair amount of Utd fans on here who wanted him as well.
Well there are people on here who want Zaha and Hernandez back, so United fans on here can't be trusted

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm not entirely sure how much is kneejerk considering I've seen performances like that when he's been completely fit.

Still the argument will be he was worth that punt at that price. Which he will be because they'll sell him for more than they paid in a few years.

nah_it_wont_happen

Well there are people on here who want Zaha and Hernandez back, so United fans on here can't be trusted
Baffles me like hell. How on earth can anyone want utter garbage players like Zaha (was never good enough in the first place) and Chicharito (long past his best) at United I'll never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renegade

Forgot he existed, what a direction his career has taken. Can see him playing for West Ham or Newcastle in a year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Haha! I never really understood the big hype about him tbh. He was pretty good as a young player but never really that amazing, and i certainly don't understand why Chelsea was hooked on him. I would like him to come good tho, or at least ok. Has he even played for them?

OneUnited24

Haha! I never really understood the big hype about him tbh. He was pretty good as a young player but never really that amazing, and i certainly don't understand why Chelsea was hooked on him. I would like him to come good tho, or at least ok. Has he even played for them?
Maybe they needed to fill their home grown quota?

KanieKaned

Leaving Everton was for me not the right time and also in going to Chelsea not the right move for him. He wasn't in great form prior and I think his game had somewhat regressed over the last couple of seasons. He certainly has talent as was shown as a youngster but for me a coach like maybe Poch would have been ideal in terms of learning the game. Can see him staying on the bench again next season and then being shipped to some mid table team.

Posh Red

Leaving Everton was for me not the right time and also in going to Chelsea not the right move for him. He wasn't in great form prior and I think his game had somewhat regressed over the last couple of seasons. He certainly has talent as was shown as a youngster but for me a coach like maybe Poch would have been ideal in terms of learning the game. Can see him staying on the bench again next season and then being shipped to some mid table team.
I agree with this. Always thought he was talented but held on to the ball too long and didn’t release the ball at the right time. I’m not sure Martinez was the right coach to bring his game to the next level.

KanieKaned

I agree with this. Always thought he was talented but held on to the ball too long and didn’t release the ball at the right time. I’m not sure Martinez was the right coach to bring his game to the next level.
Me neither personally I have never really rated Martinez as a coach who can improve a players game. He might at times have had Everton playing well and looking good but for me that was more to do with his style of setting up his teams as opposed to the coaching that went on at the training ground. He gave Barkley a lot of freedom without actually saying these are the elements of your game that need a ton of work.

Posh Red

Me neither personally I have never really rated Martinez as a coach who can improve a players game. He might at times have had Everton playing well and looking good but for me that was more to do with his style of setting up his teams as opposed to the coaching that went on at the training ground. He gave Barkley a lot of freedom without actually saying these are the elements of your game that need a ton of work.
Definitely. In a way reminds me of Wenger in his last years. You hear reports from players about what a friendly environment they work in. Barkley was compared to a young Rooney but never developed that Football initiative and killer instinct that helped his team win games. Bit of a shame as technically gifted midfield players seem to be a rare breed for England of late.